Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Islands: Off Topic & Other > Techie Reiki Wiki

Must have Mobile Apps
Old 02-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
YOUR MOM
is Lecktor Hannibal

Rez Date: Jul 07, 2004
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to YOUR MOM
Default Must have Mobile Apps

List 'em and id OS.

I'll start. Android

Advanced Task Killer
Pandora
Shazam
Dolphin Browser til mozilla gets off their lazy ass and port
Tapatalk
Astro File Manager
Hi Yahoo
YOUR MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users say thanks:

Old 02-13-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
Circe Timtam
Feline-American

My Mood:

iPhone

Pandora
Grocery Gadget
Free Books
Urbanspoon
AroundMe
WoW Authenticator
and various games for my kids, heh

If you are dissatisfied with the service, please accept this invitation to gnaw my backside. (assuming you can reach whilst I am atop my high horse)
Circe Timtam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
Edav Nomad

Rez Date: Jun 12, 2003
Send a message via MSN to Edav Nomad Send a message via Yahoo to Edav Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR MOM View Post
List 'em and id OS.

I'll start. Android

Advanced Task Killer
Pandora
Shazam
Dolphin Browser til mozilla gets off their lazy ass and port
Tapatalk
Astro File Manager
Hi Yahoo
Android:

Power Manager
Photoshop.com Mobile
Opera Mini (Mozilla is working on Firefox for Android)
Google Sky Map
GPS Status
Last.fm
iheartradio (Internet radio stations and some local radio stations)
TV.com
Aldiko (Free book reader, usually older books and short stories)
Fring (Chat supported for Skype, MSN Messenger, GTalk, Twitter, Yahoo, AIM and ICQ)

P.S. There is an emulator for Firefox for Android at http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/mobile/platforms/

Last edited by Edav Nomad; 02-13-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Edav Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says thanks:

Old 02-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
Kristian

Rez Date: Feb 26, 2005
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2

Android and iPhone/iPodTouch/iPad -
Remember The Milk's apps.
Great for managing to-do lists.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #5
Jen Kawaguichi
Suspected person

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 1

iBacon

Jen Kawaguichi is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:

Old 02-13-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Govi
Ça va chier.

Rez Date: Mar 06, 2004
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Blackberry (from most used to less used)

Visual Voicemail
Google Maps
Pocket 10C SE (hp RPN sci-calculator simulator)
Pandora
Word to Go
Sheet to Go
Slideshow to Go

*Calendar is most used, but it's built into the OS.
**Tapatalk, when it's available (beta starts end of February 2010)

Old 02-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
Circe Timtam
Feline-American

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
Android and iPhone/iPodTouch/iPad -
Remember The Milk's apps.
Great for managing to-do lists.
Thank you, thank you...1000 times THANK YOU!
Circe Timtam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #8
YOUR MOM
is Lecktor Hannibal

Rez Date: Jul 07, 2004
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to YOUR MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edav Nomad View Post
Android:

Last.fm
TV.com

Thank you Edav, these two alone rock hard! I'd forgotten how badass last.fm was and this app beats the shorts off of pandora!
YOUR MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 02-13-2010, 11:50 PM   #9
Edav Nomad

Another good app for Android phones is called "Google Goggles" it's a visual search app which uses the camera in the phone to search for objects. It's not very accurate at times though but I'm sure as it is used more it'll get better.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:18 AM   #10
Mulch
NOT signed up for THIS

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Another good app for Android phones is called "Google Goggles" it's a visual search app which uses the camera in the phone to search for objects. It's not very accurate at times though but I'm sure as it is used more it'll get better.
that one bites, a rare google fail so far

android (moto droid)

foresquare - (i got it before it got buzz, people are now calling it the "new twitter". i just thought it was kind of fun and worked well with layer

layer - look through the phones camera and add a layer. a browser for the world around you. so far, cooler concept than execution but i think it will be spectacular when one is on vacation when it gets more plug ins developed for it'

shazam - if you dont know, get it... never wonder "what was that song" again. great app, works perfectly. wish i went through life with it

cop recorder - no more the cops word against mine. records police interactions. be aware that laws very by state so watch out if you use it

trapster - lets you know via gps when you are driving near known speed traps, red light cams, and police vehicles in the area... with a radar detector could make you bulletproof

google sky maps - win big for google, look at your screen and turn around in the night sky and identify the stars and planets around you

tricorder - start trek geek tool that actually has functions, such as compass, audio anazlyzer, and wi fi detector... good stuff

light saber - someone pisses me off, i can charge my lightsaber and wave or crash it on them... more geek fun stuff

pdanet - i already made a thread on this... tether to your computer to use your phone like an aircard. works great and brilliant, no hacking, rooting, or jailbreaking involved. highly recommended if you have a laptop and no air card

barcode scanner - great app for comparison shopping. when we bought our droids, used the barcode scanner on the case i was buying and found it for $5 cheaper at radio shack. best buy matched the price right then and there after seeing it

bubble level - its an accurate level!

bluff my call - call people from any number you want on your caller ID. possible use at another time, right now good to have around just in case. tested and works (although they play advertising messages to you before you make the call)

androzip - unzips and more importantly, allows access to files on your card. does a few other utilities as well, very useful

cb blackjack- cuz i like to play blackjack against a bikini clad dealer on my phone

color flashlight - turns the screen into a flashlight or various other light effects. the app that turns your camera flash into a flashlight is more effective but can cause damage, so i am using this one

copycat free - old school simon says game... still fun

cpr-choking - i dont know cpr, this has videos that show how to perform some life saving maneuvers on various age people. hope i never need it but i have always feared that someone would need help and i wouldnt know how to help... hopefully this will be my backup if need arises

gensoid lite - sega genesis emulator... works good

nesoid lite - nintendo entertainment system emulator (NES). i can play mike tysons punch out ANYWHERE now. my boss went off on supermario bros 3 the other day. this guy makes SWEET emulators and roms are free everywhere

gmote - the phone acts as a remote controller for your main computers media players... SWEET

gijoe psa soundboard - and i love the gijoe psas, and now i can say "im a computer, stop all the downloading" to her anytime

hotelsbyme - much easier to use than normal online hotel booking sites since it gpses your location and picks hotels from that point. have used it a couple times now and it is fantastic. got the right price for the right room with the right amenities and the reviews helped me to avoid staying at a hotel usa today named 2 weeks ago as one of the " 10 worst hotels in the US"... there are a couple things that i might improve, but it is miles easier than hotels.com or expedia by light years. very useful

hungry - shopping list, can email it to so she can grab it if she is there already

gstrings - guitar tuner

drinking games - cuz you never know when you need the rules for games like beer pong. not perfect however, as it doesnt have quarters and lists "thumbmaster" as its own game

gps tracker - track your phones location on the internet. tells me she will be home in 20 mins all the time, but it often is more like 2-3 hours. i can see where her phone is, and where she is (yes she knows it is there and she can check my location as well) so i know she is safe and just wandering around... more importantly, any fool decides its a good idea to steal my phone, i can send the police to their exact address. install on your phone and after 4 days or so, configure in discreet mode to protect yours as well

light racer - like the tron video game cycle level, very cool

lightracer 3 d like the tron video game cycle level, ONLY IN 3D!

noisegen - work related, generates white noise, pink noise, and sine wave

oblique strategies - was a deck of cards from Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt from 1975... now an app... got a problem with a tough solution, pick a card

phit droid - brain game, very fun, like 1000 levels. good anytime game

photoshop.com mobile - not great but some basic photo manipulation

pocket dj light - bring up 2 turntables on screen and mix the music on your phone. works in a pinch

time clock - my 1st paid app, as an independant contractor, makes billing much easier. clock in, clock out, export to csv and billl. awesome if you are a contractor

pull my finger - i needed a farting app... doesnt everyone?

ringdroid - make your own ringtones

roadside assistance - toolkit to take another persons info if you get in an accident... hope i dont need it

daily rodney dangerfield - cuz rodney makes me laugh, a collection of quotes and zingers

rta analyzer - work tool, analyzes the frequency spectrum of audio sources, useful for tracking down and eqing feedback out

screen crack - "sorry, you cant use my phone, its broke" makes screen look broken

shot - brain game with like 1000 levels, knock all the balls off screen using other balls. good fun

solitaire- for when im alone

solo lite - virtual guitar and chord diagrams

spark- touch it, vibrates and makes electricity looking thingys around your fingers like those globes

speed test - how fast is my 3g? this tells me

steamy window - fun app, tricked a bunch of people with this one since it has been rainy. makes your screen look like it is steamed up. you can draw on the steam and it even drips in the direction your phone is held. blow on the mic and it resteams up. very convincing and realistic looking, makes great use of the droids super high resolution screen

tapatalk pro - my 2nd paid app, makes reading on the phone easier

tower raiders (beta and free) - really fun game

truth or dare - for when i need to make chicks do and say naughty things

the weather channel - tells you weather

usa today - usa today stories for mobile

ustream - live video streaming from my phone... anyone wanna watch and i fuck live on the net?

nubinews - news client for multiple news sources, if you are into news, highly recommended. dl stories to the phone for offline reading while in a dead zone or on a plane. very well formatted

i have free versions for all of the apps except time clock and tapatalk... i paid $1.99 for you fucks!

i have a few more, but not worth mentioning... looking for a good, non annoying video poker game as well

MulchWorlds Twitter

MulchWorlds Steam Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoanut Koala View Post
I've already experienced the joy of real sex and LSD. And watching cartoons and smoking great weed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lias View Post
It's all faux noise until you open your door and some person yells "SCII BITCH" and begins hitting you in the head with a baseball bat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyE View Post
This entire forum belongs in the parody forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern Excelsior View Post
Right now, in Arizona, I can't marry my sister
Mulch

Feted Inner Hangout [/center]
Mulch is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users say thanks:

Old 02-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #11
Edav Nomad

A few more apps for Android:

Metal Detector: Yes it really works except on some metals like Aluminum. It uses the Magnetometer in the phone.

Voice Recorder
Discovery Channel
StumbleVideo (Beta)
US Yellow Pages Search
RockOn Music Player
Movies by Flixser: Movie reviews, trailers and show times
Scoreboard: For the sports fans out there.
Pluroid: Plurk client
Twidroid: Twitter client

Old 02-16-2010, 11:52 PM   #12
Jorus
Bee Bully

My Mood:

Droid:

I should mention these are my must haves, I've got so much dumb shit installed on this thing it would take me a year to go through it.

This is the stuff I use all the time

Weatherbug
Power Manager
Advanced Task Killer
Dolphin Browser
EReader (Not in app store: Ereader.com)
Google Maps
Agile Messenger
Astro (File manager)
Easy Spirit Level
Google Goggles (Actually this is trash, fuck this)
last.fm
MotoTorch LED
Flixter (what movies, where, showtimes, etc)
Pandora
Ringdroid (For cutting MP3's into manageable ringtones)
ShopSavvy (Better barcode scanner)
TV.Com
Where (Restaurant finder/reviews)
WikiMobile

Games/Dumb shit:

VirtualPhaser
Lightsaber
Speed Forge 3d
Star Trek Soundboard /geek
Idemolished
Full Metal Jacket soundboard
Fishin' 2 Go
Android Lightsaber
Abduction!

Last edited by Jorus; 02-16-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Jorus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #13
Edav Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
Yeah but the other day a new version was demoed that recognizes text in photos and can even translate it into different languages. At the moment it only does German but they want it to work with 52 languages like Google Translate does. Also they are working on it to also save text.

http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/201...to-google.html
2 users say thanks:

Old 02-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #14
Lourdes
Azúcar Morena

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulch View Post

android (moto droid)

foresquare - (i got it before it got buzz, people are now calling it the "new twitter". i just thought it was kind of fun and worked well with layer

layer - look through the phones camera and add a layer. a browser for the world around you. so far, cooler concept than execution but i think it will be spectacular when one is on vacation when it gets more plug ins developed for it'

shazam - if you dont know, get it... never wonder "what was that song" again. great app, works perfectly. wish i went through life with it

cop recorder - no more the cops word against mine. records police interactions. be aware that laws very by state so watch out if you use it

trapster - lets you know via gps when you are driving near known speed traps, red light cams, and police vehicles in the area... with a radar detector could make you bulletproof

google sky maps - win big for google, look at your screen and turn around in the night sky and identify the stars and planets around you

tricorder - start trek geek tool that actually has functions, such as compass, audio anazlyzer, and wi fi detector... good stuff

light saber - someone pisses me off, i can charge my lightsaber and wave or crash it on them... more geek fun stuff

pdanet - i already made a thread on this... tether to your computer to use your phone like an aircard. works great and brilliant, no hacking, rooting, or jailbreaking involved. highly recommended if you have a laptop and no air card

barcode scanner - great app for comparison shopping. when we bought our droids, used the barcode scanner on the case i was buying and found it for $5 cheaper at radio shack. best buy matched the price right then and there after seeing it

bubble level - its an accurate level!

bluff my call - call people from any number you want on your caller ID. possible use at another time, right now good to have around just in case. tested and works (although they play advertising messages to you before you make the call)

androzip - unzips and more importantly, allows access to files on your card. does a few other utilities as well, very useful

cb blackjack- cuz i like to play blackjack against a bikini clad dealer on my phone

color flashlight - turns the screen into a flashlight or various other light effects. the app that turns your camera flash into a flashlight is more effective but can cause damage, so i am using this one

copycat free - old school simon says game... still fun

cpr-choking - i dont know cpr, this has videos that show how to perform some life saving maneuvers on various age people. hope i never need it but i have always feared that someone would need help and i wouldnt know how to help... hopefully this will be my backup if need arises

gensoid lite - sega genesis emulator... works good

nesoid lite - nintendo entertainment system emulator (NES). i can play mike tysons punch out ANYWHERE now. my boss went off on supermario bros 3 the other day. this guy makes SWEET emulators and roms are free everywhere

gmote - the phone acts as a remote controller for your main computers media players... SWEET

gijoe psa soundboard - and i love the gijoe psas, and now i can say "im a computer, stop all the downloading" to her anytime

hotelsbyme - much easier to use than normal online hotel booking sites since it gpses your location and picks hotels from that point. have used it a couple times now and it is fantastic. got the right price for the right room with the right amenities and the reviews helped me to avoid staying at a hotel usa today named 2 weeks ago as one of the " 10 worst hotels in the US"... there are a couple things that i might improve, but it is miles easier than hotels.com or expedia by light years. very useful

hungry - shopping list, can email it to so she can grab it if she is there already

gstrings - guitar tuner

drinking games - cuz you never know when you need the rules for games like beer pong. not perfect however, as it doesnt have quarters and lists "thumbmaster" as its own game

gps tracker - track your phones location on the internet. tells me she will be home in 20 mins all the time, but it often is more like 2-3 hours. i can see where her phone is, and where she is (yes she knows it is there and she can check my location as well) so i know she is safe and just wandering around... more importantly, any fool decides its a good idea to steal my phone, i can send the police to their exact address. install on your phone and after 4 days or so, configure in discreet mode to protect yours as well

light racer - like the tron video game cycle level, very cool

lightracer 3 d like the tron video game cycle level, ONLY IN 3D!

noisegen - work related, generates white noise, pink noise, and sine wave

oblique strategies - was a deck of cards from Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt from 1975... now an app... got a problem with a tough solution, pick a card

phit droid - brain game, very fun, like 1000 levels. good anytime game

photoshop.com mobile - not great but some basic photo manipulation

pocket dj light - bring up 2 turntables on screen and mix the music on your phone. works in a pinch

time clock - my 1st paid app, as an independant contractor, makes billing much easier. clock in, clock out, export to csv and billl. awesome if you are a contractor

pull my finger - i needed a farting app... doesnt everyone?

ringdroid - make your own ringtones

roadside assistance - toolkit to take another persons info if you get in an accident... hope i dont need it

daily rodney dangerfield - cuz rodney makes me laugh, a collection of quotes and zingers

rta analyzer - work tool, analyzes the frequency spectrum of audio sources, useful for tracking down and eqing feedback out

screen crack - "sorry, you cant use my phone, its broke" makes screen look broken

shot - brain game with like 1000 levels, knock all the balls off screen using other balls. good fun

solitaire- for when im alone

solo lite - virtual guitar and chord diagrams

spark- touch it, vibrates and makes electricity looking thingys around your fingers like those globes

speed test - how fast is my 3g? this tells me

steamy window - fun app, tricked a bunch of people with this one since it has been rainy. makes your screen look like it is steamed up. you can draw on the steam and it even drips in the direction your phone is held. blow on the mic and it resteams up. very convincing and realistic looking, makes great use of the droids super high resolution screen

tapatalk pro - my 2nd paid app, makes reading on the phone easier

tower raiders (beta and free) - really fun game

truth or dare - for when i need to make chicks do and say naughty things

the weather channel - tells you weather

usa today - usa today stories for mobile

ustream - live video streaming from my phone... anyone wanna watch and i fuck live on the net?

nubinews - news client for multiple news sources, if you are into news, highly recommended. dl stories to the phone for offline reading while in a dead zone or on a plane. very well formatted

i have free versions for all of the apps except time clock and tapatalk... i paid $1.99 for you fucks!

i have a few more, but not worth mentioning... looking for a good, non annoying video poker game as well
Ok you are scary I am trying so hard not to install to much crap.

So far for the Android OS I have...

Last.fm
Facebook for Android
Droid Armory (wow armory) - I think I can use this alone to convince Don to get one.
Handcent - messaging (was highly recommended on AndroidForums.com)
Lourdes is offline   Reply With Quote

Re: Must have Mobile Apps
Old 02-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #15
Edav Nomad

Default Re: Must have Mobile Apps

For people that have Android phones with OS version 2.1 Google Earth is now available. I don't know how well it works since I only have version 1.6 since they haven't put 2.1 it out to T-Mobile yet.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #16
Redhead
Pure Acetylene Virgin

My Mood:

Did anyone mention Evernote? Great app when coupled with a smart phone. They have versions for both iPhone and Android.

I use it all the time.
Redhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2010, 04:07 PM   #17
Vengence Opus
It's all in a day.

My Mood:

For those of you with a Win Mobile, this place is an absolute MUST for awesome, free, community developed apps and hacks. They are working on an Android port that is (mostly) stable, and also have an Ubuntu version up and running.

Also pretty cool, a USB cab file to run external disk drives, keyboards, etc.

super awesome stuff.

http://www.xda-developers.com/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/
Vengence Opus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #18
Vengence Opus
It's all in a day.

My Mood:

Some apps I'm running right now:

Slacker Personal Radio - free version works pretty well. limited to 6 skips an hour.

Co0kie's Home Tab Editor - lets you drag your home tabs where ever you want them, as well as putting more sliding menus/icons on home screen.

FdcSoft Task Manager - very versatile. normal task management, plus ipconfig, ping, and a host of other good stuff.

Shoutcast plug-in for WinMo - pretty basic plugin. has some bugs, but tons of stations available.

Sniperwolf's BR clock - military style clock for home screen.

Netflix Mobile Manager - keeps my queue in check when I've forgotten what's in my queue.

AP Mobile - news and stuff.

cleanRAM - clears out ram for a faster interface. works really well.

Deluxe Moon - a wealth of info on the moon phase, age, sign, etc. kinda neat, and looks really cool.

Skyfire 1.5 - got it for Hulu, but it's blocked. don't use it that often.

TMS uninstaller - removes difficult to remove programs.

regEditor - exactly what it says. edits the registry.

Still messing around with it for the most part. Later today, I'm going to try to install Robuntu. The hope is that I can run it from the SD, as they say it does, with a VMware server on it, so I can run ping tests and packet tracing in the lab when the lab server goes down.

...and they say it's just a phone.

Next stop...Android on WinMo.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #19
Edav Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengence Opus View Post
Skyfire 1.5 - got it for Hulu, but it's blocked. don't use it that often.

...and they say it's just a phone.

Next stop...Android on WinMo.
Android now has the Skyfire 2.0 beta that can view Flash videos. How it does it is when you access a site that has a Flash video a little window will pop up that you can touch and it will send it to the Skyfire server which will convert it to a format that the phone can use. Supposedly they are working on an iPhone/iPod Touch version.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #20
Vengence Opus
It's all in a day.

My Mood:

Quote:
Android now has the Skyfire 2.0 beta that can view Flash videos. How it does it is when you access a site that has a Flash video a little window will pop up that you can touch and it will send it to the Skyfire server which will convert it to a format that the phone can use. Supposedly they are working on an iPhone/iPod Touch version.
I saw that on Engadget, almost immediately followed by news on the xda-developers site that they have an Android port up and running. If I could multi-boot WinMo 6.5/Robuntu/Android....

I really want to see if it can be done. (If I read the thread right, which I can't vouch for as it was on a homework break, they've had some issues in dual boot with the WinMo install being corrupt on reset. I may be thinking of Robuntu. I'd have to go back and look.) There has to be a way, but I think a good start would be moving up to a 32GB SD. Have a 4GB to get by for now, because Sprint is too damn cheap to include one with the phone.

I heard Hulu is actually blocking cell users, so I'm wondering if I can pick it up by switching to Wifi?

YouTube sure does look nice on it, though.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #21
Edav Nomad

Quote:
Yeah but the other day a new version was demoed that recognizes text in photos and can even translate it into different languages. At the moment it only does German but they want it to work with 52 languages like Google Translate does. Also they are working on it to also save text.

http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/201...to-google.html
Version 1.1 of Google Goggles is now available and can recognize English, Spanish, Italian, German and French text and translate it into other languages.

http://www.google.com/mobile/goggles/#text

Old 05-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #22
Edav Nomad

Wii Controller Demo for Android phones

Old 05-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #23
Roxie
For Rent

My Mood:

Looking to upgrade to a palm pre, the only app I want is the tether ap.
If I understand they hype behind it, I can use the plam as a wifi router.
I love my Sprint unlimited plan so I can't wait.

Are people born wicked or do they have wickedness thrust upon them? -- Galinda The Good.

"I don't have low self esteem, I have low esteem for others"--Daria Morgendorffer
Roxie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #24
Edav Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie View Post
Looking to upgrade to a palm pre, the only app I want is the tether ap.
If I understand they hype behind it, I can use the plam as a wifi router.
I love my Sprint unlimited plan so I can't wait.
Android OS 2.2 will have built in Wi-Fi tethering.

There is now a beta for an app for Android phones called Wikitude Drive. It is a Augmented Reality satellite navigation system.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #25
Roxie
For Rent

My Mood:

Quote:

There is now a beta for an app for Android phones called Wikitude Drive. It is a Augmented Reality satellite navigation system.

I would be forced to switch from Sprint to Verizon. Sorry, I hate Verizon with a passion.

I thank you for the info.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #26
Jorus
Bee Bully

My Mood:

Quote:
Quote:

There is now a beta for an app for Android phones called Wikitude Drive. It is a Augmented Rea

I would be forced to switch from Sprint to Verizon. Sorry, I hate Verizon with a passion.

I thank you for the info.
Verizon isn't the only carrier with android phones.

"[22:15] Tracer Graves: problem is, i can manage to play a girl pretty well"

"[22:15] Kristian Ming: you don't need to play a girl very well to escort in sl"

Old 05-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #27
Edav Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorus View Post
Verizon isn't the only carrier with android phones.
Sprint has them as well especially the upcoming awesome looking HTC EVO 4G.
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 06-07-2010, 03:12 AM   #28
Edav Nomad

The product below is not an App yet but it will be awesome when it comes out. Currently it's on just a very few mobile phones and eventually they want it to be on all mobile phones with a touchscreen but I'm sure it'll work on any touchscreen device.

http://www.swypeinc.com/index.html

Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #29
Roxie
For Rent

My Mood:

Picked up a Samsung Moment with the Android OS. Installed easy tether.
Works great. The transfer rate is not fast enough for Second Life, it does hulu and other net applications rather well.

Thanks for the info guys

Old 06-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #30
Jorus
Bee Bully

My Mood:

Gameboid. GBA emulator. RPG's work best on it (Yeah I've been playing Pokemon :|)

Old 07-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #31
Uncle Fester
Drank the last Dr. Pepper

My Mood:

A app I couldn't wait to try is the mangler ap. You can find it at www.mangler.org. What it does it allow you to use vent on your android phone!

Dont trip my efuse
Uncle Fester is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #32
Roxie
For Rent

My Mood:

if I could find a TI graphing calculator app for the Android that would be helpful.
My math prof claims there is one out there. I have not been able to find it.

A few bucks for the app v.s. paying over a hundred bucks for it. Would be better.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #33
Mulch
NOT signed up for THIS

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

hey fester, great vent app, works perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie View Post
if I could find a TI graphing calculator app for the Android that would be helpful.
My math prof claims there is one out there. I have not been able to find it.

A few bucks for the app v.s. paying over a hundred bucks for it. Would be better.
its not texas instruments, but mobilecaltronics.com has a $15 graphing calculator, 5 star rated

mft has free/cheaper ones "mft graph"

free one called arity calculator as well
Mulch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2010, 04:09 PM   #34
Uncle Fester

My Mood:

Yeah i was using it earlier.

Roxie also look for handycalc its suppose to be = to a t83

Dont trip my efuse. Sent from DROIDX ta da.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #35
Uncle Fester

My Mood:

Im gonna add this for you vent users....mangler is nice, but ventriloid seems to have a cleaner interface. both are created by the same group. I think mangler is more linux with a android port.

Im also trying doubletwist for a music app right now. So far so good. It works with my pioneer h/u via bluetooth.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #36
Uncle Fester

My Mood:

Since I rooted this bitch today gonna add a couple.

Wireless Tether-is created by Birdman and so far works flawless.

Adfree- which will remove ads from the free versions of most apps and generally remove ads.

Quickboot- It allows me to reboot without having to power down.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:10 PM   #37
Edav Nomad

I found a use for my iPod Touch again. Raptr is now available for it the iPhone and iPad. It doesn't work with PSN yet though. Raptr is also talking about making an app for Android phones as well.

Raptr iPhone App

Old 08-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #38
Uncle Fester

My Mood:

This is a pretty neat app.
It turns any droid phone into a walkie-talkie like nextel.

Im using it with a couple friends and its pretty neat.
The only thing I suggest is make sure you select new contacts each time.
As with nextel the last person you talk to will be the one you default to when going back to the app.

http://www.facebook.com/TiKL.TouchToTalk?v=wall

http://www.androidtapp.com/tikl-touch-to-talk-ptt/

Old 08-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #39
Edav Nomad

Netflix adds iPhone/iPod Touch compatibility in latest app version

However you need the latest version of the OS.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #40
Myth
Fuck you. I'm not a n00b.

My Mood:

Talking Tom for the iPhone, iPad and Droid. I love this app. Every time I play with it I find something new. It's just silly fun but I love it.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote