Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Mainland: Second Life® > Content Creation

Slime/Goo/Transparent Girl
Old 12-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
Mecha Dinosaur
Guy.In.Real.Life.

My Mood:
Default Slime/Goo/Transparent Girl

I'm unsure if this should go in the fashion board or this one. With avatar level alpha on the horizon, my mind started to grind gears about having a transparent avatar.

See link for reference:

*anime undies* http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7...8180686119.png *anime undies*

From what what I understand, avatar level alpha will allow the full coverage of body sections/set of limbs (with basic level controls such as with clothing?), as well as the ability to upload our own alpha texture.

There are two choices for me:
The first involves applying a transparent texture to the avatar. However would the clothing layer be effected? (If not this would also allow for 'invisible man' type effects) Would I need to be forced to use prim clothing?

The second involves a fully transparent avatar, and then use sculpted prims to replace body parts. The sculpted prims would require both a transparent texture, but would also the need to create or acquire clothing textures to apply. This option would require a skill level of texture manipulation greater then my current level; so it's not optimal.

Are my expectations wrong? Are my assumptions wrong? Suggestions on what I could do to make this come about? Or to the link?

This space reserved for a hot, cute, or hot and cute loli image.
Mecha Dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote