Banner by 23rdDjin

Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Islands: Off Topic & Other > Loose Women

Old 08-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #161
Cocoanut Koala
January Pie

Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2

I can pie the hell out of these fingernails, but they wouldn't last a day on me, unless I renounced all housework, laundry, cooking, etc.

I did my nails, hands and feet, about six weeks ago, while camping. One fingernail chipped the first day. The toenails are still going strong, except they have a bit of plain at the base where the nails have grown out.

I saw and bought a "no chip" kind of cover at the drugstore the other day. I'm going to try that next time.

But first I have to get past this major round of housework. I'm STILL putting things back after we had to pack up and move everything for the carpet. And the minute that got done, he was out of school and had to go camping. So I just left it. The camping kept up all summer.

I mean, I had it looking half-way decent before we left, but there were a number of boxes still in the garage. Over the summer, everything just got gradually worse.

I'm close to finished now; I'm in the lowest level. Should be done within a week. But I digress seriously . . .

---

I have always worn rubber gloves, mainly so I don't have to TOUCH grease and other crap. And sometimes wear gardening gloves during housework.

Speaking of hands, you wanna know what's pathetic? Madonna, that's what. Not because her hands are horrible, which they are, but because she's taken to this affectation of wearing little lace gloves to cover them up. As of anyone is fooled.

Now that's pathetic. She must be having a HORRIBLE time growing old. She must be miserable.
Cocoanut Koala is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)
The following user offers hugs:

Old 08-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #162
IsaDaft Trollop
Lady of Darkmere

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to IsaDaft Trollop Send a message via Skype™ to IsaDaft Trollop
Awards Showcase
Kiss of Perfection 28th 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoanut Koala View Post
I have always worn rubber gloves, mainly so I don't have to TOUCH grease and other crap. And sometimes wear gardening gloves during housework.
Coco, I am your long lost daughter, or you are my mom! Or sisters, Or ME! <3
I hate touching ewww stuff.

And I make my son drain water from the sink when he left them "soaking" before washing, then leaves them for me to wash in the morning. NO, no, no!
IsaDaft Trollop is offline   Reply With Quote
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:

Old 08-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #163
Io Zeno
Have An Apple

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoanut Koala View Post
I can pie the hell out of these fingernails, but they wouldn't last a day on me, unless I renounced all housework, laundry, cooking, etc.

I did my nails, hands and feet, about six weeks ago, while camping. One fingernail chipped the first day. The toenails are still going strong, except they have a bit of plain at the base where the nails have grown out.

I saw and bought a "no chip" kind of cover at the drugstore the other day. I'm going to try that next time.

But first I have to get past this major round of housework. I'm STILL putting things back after we had to pack up and move everything for the carpet. And the minute that got done, he was out of school and had to go camping. So I just left it. The camping kept up all summer.

I mean, I had it looking half-way decent before we left, but there were a number of boxes still in the garage. Over the summer, everything just got gradually worse.

I'm close to finished now; I'm in the lowest level. Should be done within a week. But I digress seriously . . .

---

Speaking of hands, you wanna know what's pathetic? Madonna, that's what. Not because her hands are horrible, which they are, but because she's taken to this affectation of wearing little lace gloves to cover them up. As of anyone is fooled.

Now that's pathetic. She must be having a HORRIBLE time growing old. She must be miserable.
She's also ragged on relentlessly for this, like that bitter old bitch Joan Rivers saying she has "old lady hands". Yeah, I bet you were something to see before the invention of the wheel, Joan. Oh, wait, no you weren't. Ever.
Io Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #164
Io Zeno
Have An Apple

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

btw, I've noticed, if you ever lower yourself to reading the gossip rags like TMZ, the hatred, true hatred of celebrities is unreal. Like Madonna, they know her weakness, her fear of aging, so they call her an ugly old lady all the fucking time. Seriously, no matter what fame gives you, to me it isn't worth the absolute hatred you will get when they turn on you, and they will.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #165
IsaDaft Trollop
Lady of Darkmere

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to IsaDaft Trollop Send a message via Skype™ to IsaDaft Trollop
Awards Showcase
Kiss of Perfection 28th 

My hands started showing my age far before my face did.

On the other "hand", the rapid weight loss I suffered shows more of things I dislike.
3 users have offered hugs:

Old 08-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #166
Io Zeno
Have An Apple

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

You really can't pamper your hands enough. It's thin and delicate skin but we wash it all the time. I certainly do and don't moisturize them after every wash. I'm going to be paranoid about it now. I can't undo the damage but I can stop making it worse and use products that help them look better. I shoulda listened to mom.
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?
The following user offers hugs:

Guys do not understand "nail fashion"
Old 08-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #167
IsaDaft Trollop
Lady of Darkmere

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
Kiss of Perfection 28th 
Default Guys do not understand "nail fashion"

I had a cam chat with my love today.

Him: Why are you wearing 2 different colors on your nails..."

(says the man wearing a hawiian shirt in ENGLAND)

Me: It's the latest fad! And why not have some fun?

Him: Aren't you a little too old for that?

Me: WTF? You are never too old to have fun! And why are you wearing that shirt?

Him: I wore it for you (He bought it 2 years ago while here on holiday.)

Me: LOL, well these colors match the dress I wore to a family bbq!

Him: You really match your nail colors to things you wear?

Me: ......

He changed the subject after that.

The funny thing is that I always changed my nail polish to match outfits while on holiday with him. But, made sure I had a good 3 days of outfits before I had to change the polish.
2 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':

Old 01-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #168
IsaDaft Trollop
Lady of Darkmere

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
Kiss of Perfection 28th 

Ladies..and gentlemen that wear nail polish. This is a steal! The promotion starts on 1/7

http://www.zoya.com/content/category...is_coming.html

I look forward to this promo every year. One day I will catch up with my daughters collection of Zoya.
2 users say thanks:

Old 01-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #169
IsaDaft Trollop
Lady of Darkmere

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
Kiss of Perfection 28th 

Is it wrong that I got my sons friend to make an account so I could get 3 more colors? I thought not! Now to wait, and wait till the 7th and decide on which 6 colors!
2 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?: