Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Islands: Off Topic & Other > Off Topic > Religion and stuff

To read and laugh ( for a rainy day only)
Old 04-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Tout

My Mood:
Default To read and laugh ( for a rainy day only)

http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page!!

From ultra-conservatives, we thought we had heard it all in terms of anti-science attacks, especially during the election year 2012 : creationist offensive against Darwinian evolution and its teaching in schools, denial of global warming change leading to absurdities such as the desire to legislate to require researchers to estimate the future rise in sea level from formulas decided by politicians , questioned by Florida Governor Marco Rubio of age land established by science , anti-vaccination campaigns ... It was a lot. But the picture was actually not complete. I did indeed, thanks to an anonymous I thank here, discovered that some American conservatives were attacking as the theory of relativity on the site Conservapedia.
Tout is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Tout

My Mood:

But the prize of scientific denial should be restricted to a page listing the 48 (no less ...) evidence that relativity is false!

http://conservapedia.com/Counterexamples_to_Relativity

Old 04-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
Bard Jameson
Made my hair into a hat!

My Mood:

This is rich. On the page you linked of "Counterexamples to Relativity", there is this:

Quote:
The action-at-a-distance by Jesus, described in John 4:46-54, Matthew 15:28, and Matthew 27:51.
The John reference is to the story of Jesus healing a merchant's son who he (Jesus) never saw. The Matthew reference is the description of the temple being damaged the moment Jesus died on the cross. The page listing action-at-a-distance describes these stories as "observed examples of action-at-a-distance". (Emphasis mine)

Wow. And here I thought the gospels were stories of stories of stories that someone said someone said that someone saw. And here, all this time, they have been actual first-hand, documented, experimentally proven and peer-reviewed scientific facts that call the theory of relativity into question!

Baratia Island - Come Enjoy Your Second Life with Us!

Home to Atia Creations Skins, Makeup and More - Come see what The New Girl is making

Check our Event Calendar and come join the fun!
Bard Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:

Old 04-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
Tout

My Mood:

More of that...

A USA nationwide survey reveals that over the past six years, girls’ obsession with being thin has become worse.

The fundamental reason for this, according to author Courtney Martin, is that many girls ‘were raised entirely without organised religion … without a fundamental sense of divinity. Ohhh shitty..I did not know it...
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little: