Rez Date: Mar 03, 2006
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Monna
Awards Showcase
Bimbo 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2
Default Dear Santa

Quote:
Reading the letter was tough for Suffern. "I try to build up my daughter's self-esteem and tell her she is beautiful, but people say hurtful things to me, because I also have a weight problem, and that hurts me," she said. "I can't imagine what she goes through."

She had a vague idea that Amber was teased on the bus, but she didn't know the extent of the bullying. Amber, who has attention-deficit (hyperactivity) disorder and other mental and mood disorders, never mentioned the teasing."Every day when she goes to school, she says, 'Mommy, can I just stay at home?' and she just doesn't want to go.' And now every time I send her to school, I feel like I am not protecting her and I am letting her down," Suffern said.
Quote:
When she first shared the letter online with friends and people like blogger Tony Posnanski -- who first posted Ryan's letter onto CNN iReport where it gained thousands of views and shares -- she just wanted to spread awareness of bullying. Suffern flew up to New York on Wednesday to share her story with "Good Morning America" and has been contacted by "Dr. Phil" and the "Today Show."

Suffern isn't used to all the attention, but she said the experience has humbled her and showed her the positive side of people. Even the twins are seeing some changes at school.

Ryan knows something is happening, Suffern said, "because when they went to school yesterday, he said 'Mommy, I have new friends.' "

"Other people said they're going to help look out for Amber too, and make sure they don't mess with her. I thought that was so sweet," Suffern said.

She said at first Ryan was embarrassed by all the attention, and even Amber was oblivious.

"She had no idea what was going on until she talked to the 'Good Morning America' producer," Suffern said. "She didn't know Ryan wrote the letter."

Old 11-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Joshooah Lovenkraft
Just Joshin'

My Mood:

Here's the link fyi

I'll never forget how my sister stood up for me and threatened to kick these two mean girls asses that would follow me home and bully me when I was in grade 3.
Joshooah Lovenkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':