Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Sandbox: Second Citizen > The Bunker > Thread Games

Old 02-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #361
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Dakota Tebaldi

Never been in a tour-nayduh before. Plenty of warnings but never actually been in one.

Builder
Virtual Urchin
Proud Owner of Post #5000
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2014, 10:17 PM   #362
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Had a volcano-volcano-volcano dream. Crazy.

At first, I was a younger person [20s] in hiking gear, with a camera, travelling in a group with others of my age, and we were in a kind of Icelandic landscape- cold, lots of barren stone, glaciers and mountains in the distance.

We were making a video of a geyser/hot springs, one of our group was standing in front of the geyser in order to catch her in the shot. To her left, suddenly, there was a poof of stone and dust- a small explosion, so she ran over to where we were. When the dust cleared, there was a small cone of dirt where she'd been. Somebody realized that it was a brand new volcano, and we ran off to the top of a nearby hill to watch.

Next thing we knew, there was another eruption right under our feet- we just looked at each other while the flames swirled around us, and suddenly we were flying, having been thrown into the sky. But now we were travelling from Yellowstone towards New York. As we flew, we could see volcanos erupting beneath us. We landed in the water between Battery Park and the Statue of Liberty.

Then I woke up.

NOT my happiest dream.

I've had a certain amount of volcanic id activity over the past several months, and have been feeling nervous about Krakatoa, etc, ever since. This dream was kind of a kick in the pants on that front, ginning things up again. I prefer for my ground to stay where it is, tyvm.
http://earthsky.org/earth/kelud-volc...nds-evacuating

"...he may know what he actually meant, but we certainly cannot. It's like some biblical quote pulled at random from Revelations and used to support Jesus wielding Colt 45s and riding a tyrannosaurus rex at the Final Battle, only much shorter and bilingual. Maybe." ~Govi
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #363
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

Pictured: Existential despair.
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 02-13-2014, 10:49 PM   #364
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyVann View Post
I wonder which is worse: Tornado dreams with or without real life experience?
Quote:
THE WAS A LEGITIMATE QUESTION!
I would think it'd be worse if you'd been through one before.
While the unknown can be scary, it seems that having the visceral experience to inform the dream experience, it would end up being that much more tangible.
Bang Rumpus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout View Post
SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR DEMON FISH OR I'LL DEVOUR YOUR SOUL FOR DESSERT!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
Kick's internet browser history must be quite...interesting.
Quote:
And when Kick says "fuck no" you know it's FUCK NO!
Kick Frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 02-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #365
JohnnyVann
Rocky Mountain Hi! :wave:

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick Frenzy View Post
I would think it'd be worse if you'd been through one before.
While the unknown can be scary, it seems that having the visceral experience to inform the dream experience, it would end up being that much more tangible.
Makes sense. Hollywood keeps getting better but nothing replaces the real visceral feeling

Old 02-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #366
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Re. the above discussion-

The bizarre twisted dark side of my mind went to:

"...I've seen lots of people shot in movies and tv shows, but that's nothing like having somebody actually point a gun at you."

Also another version of same- I've been in the room with someone dying. Not the same thing as the imaginaries.
2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 02-15-2014, 11:53 PM   #367
Oryx Tempel

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Yeah. Working as a CNA, we saw plenty of death. I'm actually glad. It's a lot less scary. Just very, very sad. And dead bodies don't gross me out.
2 users have offered hugs:

Old 02-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #368
JohnnyVann

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

I performed CPR on a dying person once and it failed and he died. Very though emotionally (I was a teenager at the time) and took a long time to get over the guilt of not saving him (even though the doctor said it wouldn't have mattered)) but it was a great life lesson (one death lesson in this case.)
JohnnyVann is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)
3 users have offered hugs:

Old 02-22-2014, 10:00 AM   #369
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Crazy dreams all night, last night.

I only remember parts of the craziest one, but the most vivid thing was looking in the mirror and scaring myself.

Somehow I had been working with indigo dye, and was so covered with it that my entire body, including head and hair, with the exception of my left arm, was a dark blue- almost black. I looked like those ancient mummies that turn dark from the bitumen, but it was bluer. And I wasn't quite as shriveled.

The dye also made my hair look sort of shocked up and out, like a Bride of Frankenstein 'do, but all the same almost-black blue and shorter. Maybe more like a chimney broom....

But the left arm looked normal and ridiculously pink and healthy.

I went somewhere in my car, it's a place near Pilsen- an abandoned farmhouse with a barn- and got out of the car to do something, snooping around the barn for some reason, and saw other cars coming. I didn't want to frighten them with my outrageous appearance, so I hid behind my car- which was a faded out old blue Chevy Malibu- and waved to them with my nice pink arm.

Whacky.
The following user offers hugs:

Old 02-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #370
JohnnyVann

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Quote:
Somehow I had been working with indigo dye
You should have been working with Indigo Girls

3 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:

Old 02-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #371
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Galileo's head was on the block...

yeah. No comment.

Somebody tried to tell me that I dreamed that because I'm an Indigo person... whatever that is.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:32 AM   #372
Govi
Ça va chier.

Rez Date: Mar 06, 2004
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

I woke sweating and hot. Threw off the covers, my skin getting chill and I was still hot. I'm past that by a lot.
Govi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2014, 10:58 PM   #373
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

And now for another edition of bizarre surrealist nightmare.

This one started out fairly benign - I was with several people, waiting in a school building (as in, a college-type school building). I guess the "day" was long past over or it must've been a weekend or something, because no classes were going on - I and others were waiting in empty classrooms, maybe because for some reason we weren't allowed to leave yet? I dunno, but whatever. One person I recognized from RL middle school was there as an adult, doing card tricks for a couple of other people and having a conversation with one in particular in which I heard him often mentioning cats and the number 2 in various ways. Some time later I asked him about the conversation and he told me it was part of a psychological prank he was playing, where he could prime a person with certain words in such a way that they will later involuntarily do something upon hearing a certain phrase - like a combination of stage hypnosis and this newish thing called "NLP", neither of which I'm convinced IRL actually work but never mind. In the dream I was like (shrug) and he asked me to help him finish the prank; at 2:20 by the clock, I was to utter the phrase "skin of the sleeping cat, Room 220" within the target's earshot, and at that point he would be "triggered".

I agreed and waited for some time, during which nothing of import happened in the dream that I can remember. When the time came I walked past the target as he was sitting on the couch talking to a friend of his, and spoke the phrase casually to nobody in particular, and stopped and watched as he got this strange dazed look on his face, stood up, and walked out of the room...presumably to head up to Room 220? Who knows. Neat trick though. Or maybe I was the one the joke was on...

Anyway, I'm not sure what happened next except that we all left the school eventually while something or other happened, and I somehow found myself on a passenger train. My friend was not there; but Room 220 Guy was, and something was still wrong with him because while I was having some unmemorable conversation with another person, Room 220 guy walked up with that dazed look on his face and started babbling something about patterns made by railroad systems and the fact that trains and cars (as in automobiles) could never ever actually collide, and shortly after this weird tangent, the train stopped because of some kind of electrical failure.

We were surrounded by police and rail workers, but weren't allowed to leave the train for some reason. We were kept inside for a long time, and some people started one by one having psychological breakdowns and outbursts, at which point they would be allowed off the train (but not the rest of us - yes, I know it makes no sense).

At some point, I walked down the steps to the lower level to use the bathroom. Near the bottom of the stairs, a staff member was pouring coffee from a coffee pot, while beyond him at the far end of the car (where the bathroom was), some passenger was...brutally attacking a fellow passenger with a freaking ax. I noped right the heck out of the dream and woke up in a panic.

Me: "What. The. Hell."

My brain: "Dude, that was one f-'d up dream!"

Me: "Yeah and whose fault was that, Sherlock?"

My brain: "Hey don't look at me - that was some weird Id projection-resolution thingy..."

Me: "Spare me your pathetic lies."
2 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:
The following user says thanks:

Old 03-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #374
Cocoanut Koala
January Pie

Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

I'll have some of whatever you're having.
Cocoanut Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #375
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

I just got back from OKC and my brain is fried- but I read your dream and your response to it is priceless [why I laughed].

Needed that, thanks.
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:

Old 03-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #376
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

FWIW, the only dream I remember from last night is one in which I met a cat that had the ability to turn invisible.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:58 PM   #377
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Took a nap earlier [rough morning] and had the most awful horror movie dream- NOT my normal fare at all.
Dreamt that the Pope had died, and for some reason I was at his bier [I am not a Catholic].
He was gray and very dead. I turned around to leave, and there were two hallways out of the place, and both were packed with people- a good many of them were also gray and dead-looking, but not the usual zombie movie fare, they looked otherwise normal, and the rest were, like me, still in Living Color [various shades].
We living folks were all trying to make our way OUT of the building, and the gray folks were all trying to make their way into the room with the dead Pope.
Towards the end, it started getting more like a standard zombie flick. I was most unamused.
Then some neighborhood kids rode by on their bikes shrieking and I woke up. The sky was all swirly and dark- very Elder Gods- so I asked it not to kill us all and then took a ride with Maggie and watched the [most impressive] weather for a bit.
Still, the dead Zombie Pope thing sticks with me.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:44 PM   #378
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

Waking up to apocalyptic-looking weather is always fun.

I had a funny dream last night - I had this really neat vehicle, which the best I could describe it was a bicycle-powered gyroplane. I was using it to make some kind of long journey by following backroads and using them for runways to land on and take off again from after building up some more speed. Thing is, it took a lot of stamina to get the bike going fast enough to fly decently and I'd get tired before I could make it happen if the road was flat. So I preferred to just bike along until I found a nice steep hill to let me speed up on. I was nervous though, because I thought for sure if some backwater cop found me riding down the road on such a contraption he'd probably stop me and impound it, and that would've sucked.

Anyway, after ride-flying around for a while I started seeing more and more people during the times I was on the ground, who I guess new about my trip and my machine and were interested in it. It was kinda fun to be sorta quasi-famous, even if I had no idea why they were interested or how they found out about my trip.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #379
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

Last night's dream was pretty unremarkable; the only thing that was really memorable to me was seeing some heavy construction equipment that was owned by a company called Chumphump, Ltd, which is the awesomest name for an American business my brain has ever come up with.
2 users are now drooling and mumbling about pie:

Old 04-25-2014, 12:19 AM   #380
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Jen, sounds like your brain was commenting on your thoughts about religion as a whole... "So you speak, so we serve" type of shit.

Dakota, I think you should start a company called "Chumphump" (which is also fun to type!)
Maybe something in SL?

Hmm... come to think of it... I don't recall heavy construction equipment being very prevalent in SL.
Not sure if I've ever seen such a thing.
Could be lucrative.

Wait... I mean, it's a horrible, horrible idea!
(Now, what name could I use... WubWub Equipment Co? Con Strktn? FUCK YOU Machines, Inc?)
Kick Frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #381
Oryx Tempel

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

I dreamed that Trout and Troutlette brought home some designer cockroaches from the pet store. The bugs had been bred over generations to have brilliant sky blue shells with sunset patterns on them. Very pretty. But when they escaped and started crawling up the drain while I was taking a shower (along with some designer centipedes), I freaked the fuck out and demanded that Trout kill them all. He protested, saying that formaldehyde is bad for the environment, and I said that environment be damned, I wanted those bugs DEAD! :shudder:
Oryx Tempel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2014, 02:36 AM   #382
Redhead
Pure Acetylene Virgin

My Mood:

Dreams like that always bug me...

sorry.
Redhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #383
JohnnyVann

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
Dreams like that always bug me...

sorry.

Old 05-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #384
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

Last night I dreamed that I was with a nice-sized group of friends going to this large kinda wilderness park, the kind of place where you could rent cabins for camping and that sort of thing, and I guess we were going to do just that. But at the park entrance, you had to pay a fee and sign in, using this nifty touch-screen computer kiosk. Thing is, when I entered my name, there were some error messages, and an employee who came to help found out that I was actually banned from this park for life, for destroying property a long time ago. And at that point, my memory was jogged, and I did remember that, as a young kid, a couple of friends and I had indeed actually accidentally caused a fire that burned down a cabin at that park. I thought it was unfair to ban me as an adult for something I did as a kid like quite a long time ago, but the park people wouldn't relent and I ended up having to go home, missing the camping trip. Other, quite mundane things happened after I got home that aren't really worth going on about.

But the craziest part happened after I woke up, when I realized that the incident where some friends and I had burned down the cabin was actually a dream that I very clearly remember having, back in elementary school. I remember it clearly because it was a pretty scary dream, although I don't remember anything about the cabin having been in a wilderness park or any other specific place; it was just some cabin in the woods. But I thought it was actually quite awesome that the part of my mind that builds dreams actually took this dimly remembered dream from long ago and used it to add some dimension to the world of this other, newer dream. Think about it - things you do in your dreams can have consequences - in future dreams! Dream continuity, that's just so cool.
2 users are now drooling and mumbling about pie:

Old 05-04-2014, 10:46 PM   #385
Willow Matthews
will be whimsical.

Rez Date: Jul 19, 2006
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
Kiss of Perfection 

Had a dream the other day, well a week or two ago? Didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary until P2 posted a pic the other day.

Met my dog Benjamin, he's been gone for some years now and we still talk of him often because best. dog. ever. Anyway, he was staying at this lovely house, with a lady I could tell that he liked very much, but still I thought he'd want to come home with me. He wanted to but couldn't it seems. He kept running back to her side after coming over to greet me. Back forth, back and forth. Seems he had to stay.

Guess who he's living with?

Jen.

Wasn't until I truly woke up that I realised Ben was dead, really felt like he was still with us. Glad to know he's found a happy place.

Yeah, yeah, sounds silly. But I trust my dog.

Thanks Jen, give Ben a smooch from us.

Oh and he had four legs again! (Just realised that now). That's awesome!
Willow Matthews is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users are now drooling and mumbling about pie:

Old 05-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #386
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Willow, thank you! Guess I know what I'll have to name my next male dog. If I ever get one.

While I was up at Spirit Camp in S. Dakota last week, the night before I left [when the storms hit], the 27th, one of the camp's dogs [Moose] was very sick. He kept coming up to me for more reiki [people who'd known him a long time were kind of freaked out by it, but it's a dog/reiki thing more than anything- all of the other dogs glommed onto me too while I was there].

He was a little pit bull pup, about 6 months old, and his owners hadn't taken very good care of him, then left him at camp due to a family emergency that same day [brother in law died]. He died the next morning, after I'd finally gone to bed. I'm sure y'all know V. was on my mind that morning.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:53 AM   #387
Willow Matthews
will be whimsical.

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
Kiss of Perfection 

Quote:
Willow, thank you! Guess I know what I'll have to name my next male dog. If I ever get one.
Don't be silly Jen, he's already there! Would be totally confusing to have two Benjamins! Just tell him g'day when you walk out the door (he's an outside dog, but trust he'll be close to that door in case you need him) and know he'll look after you and yours. He's very commited to taking care of his humans and he's chosen to be with you and yours.

Invite him in when it snows I reckon, he's a Queensland heeler and he's not fond of the cold.

Old 09-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #388
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Just saw your last, Willow, I've been Busy this spring/summer and only stopped by today because somebody mentioned Slender Man in the news and I was reminded of Dakota's weird dream guy... was trying to find the discussion [and haven't].

But I will take good care of Ben, of course.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #389
Willow Matthews
will be whimsical.

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
Kiss of Perfection 

Good to see you Jen! I've missed you.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #390
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

Quote:
Just saw your last, Willow, I've been Busy this spring/summer and only stopped by today because somebody mentioned Slender Man in the news and I was reminded of Dakota's weird dream guy... was trying to find the discussion [and haven't].

But I will take good care of Ben, of course.
Ah, the Gentleman Clockmaker. Haven't seen him in a dream since (that I remember), but I don't think I'll ever forget him. Page 8.