Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Mainland: Second Life® > General Discussion > Resident Questions and Answers

Selecting Friend's Prims and Editing Problem
Old 05-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
Westley Roberts
n00b

My Mood:
Default Selecting Friend's Prims and Editing Problem

So, the title was supposed to be like a Newspaper headline, giving you a bit of info to get you into the meat..

I have been editing all kinds of prims in the past, mine, and my friends (that have given rights)...

I used to be able to click on them, have them highlight and let me muddle thru. I could even select individual prims via the edit box and adjust things as needed. Hell, I used to be able to highlight a spot of ground covered by others prims and get a count of how many were out.

Mysteriously, I can no longer do that.

I highlight an object of multiple prims owned by another. Click the button to select individual prims, and POOF, the selection is gone, all the highlighted prims are deselected.

In other news, I own the SIM on which my friends and I reside. I can open "About Land", go to the Objects tab, and click on refresh listing of placed objects. I then see all my friends and their prim counts. I click my name, and all my prims highlight in white. NOW... I USED TO BE ALBE to click their names and see their prims highlighted as well. NO LONGER ! ! !

With both these problems... is it a new thing in SL, or do I have some stoopid button pressed in some Viewer ??

Presently I use Phoenix, but have SL V2 avail for troubleshooting...
Westley Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 1

Sounds like the option to select other peoples objects has been turned off.

It's in the tools menu

Lucifer Baphomet is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says thanks:
2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 05-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
Westley Roberts
n00b

My Mood:

OMG, if it is that easy, I'm just going to shoot myself...

~~~ EDIT ~~~
Yepps That Worked ! ! !

searches for : fail :

Last edited by Westley Roberts; 05-18-2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Updating that I'm an idiot...
Westley Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users have offered hugs:

Old 05-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2

There is a shortage of perfect breasts in this world; 'twould be a pity to damage yours.

"...he may know what he actually meant, but we certainly cannot. It's like some biblical quote pulled at random from Revelations and used to support Jesus wielding Colt 45s and riding a tyrannosaurus rex at the Final Battle, only much shorter and bilingual. Maybe." ~Govi
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote