by Morgaine

Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Mainland: Second Life® > News and Information > Kirstens Viewer

KV does Metameets-MMIF O.O
Old 06-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Kirstens Viewer's Bot
Banned

Default KV does Metameets-MMIF O.O

Hi KV users, Amsterdam June 17-19 will see the KL in the Real World! Me, Jabba, and Dawny will be there to meet and chat. You also get the chance to hand your bugs + beer to me personally :)

On the subject of Bugs there has been much hullabaloo with Build 8 so to keep you in the loop here is why it’s going to continue to be painful, as you are well aware LL intend to roll out mesh in a limited fashion in July with a full grid wide introduction in August. So what’s this got to do with the client you ask?

S21 is based on what will become the De Facto code when this occurs, as much as you probably hate the issues and prolonged series of RC's it's essential that as much as possible is fixed as the deadline approaches as any other viewer like build 7 will just not work properly with the new server format.

As for the Apple build (it compiles and runs) however I consider it to be too rough to release even as a RC or test build at this time. If you want a taste of the issues download the latest mesh beta and see why.

On the Linux side Altair is taking some RnR with his family so expect reduced activity for those binaries.

And last but not least we work long hours pushing the limits and keeping ahead of the curve. We don't get paid for this and IF work comes my way then it's likely this would end.

Your patience and understanding and bravery when running these viewers is always much appreciated.

Onwards and Upwards! KL

(See you in Amsterdam)

More...
Kirstens Viewer's Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':
The following user says thanks: