Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Mainland: Second Life® > Business and Economy

XStreet and In-World Accounts Now Linked
Old 03-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
Amaranthim Talon
Transient Being...

Rez Date: Nov 16, 2006
Default XStreet and In-World Accounts Now Linked

If you haven't checked your Xstreet account do so now...

Yup, our money in all it's glory sittin' right there.. Now you may say, "Wow! Yay! Now I don't have to bother with terminals!" But.. seems to me the monthly listing fee is the obvious next step.

Wondering what the chat is like atm on SecondLife Merchant group...

http://talonfaire.blogspot.com/
Amaranthim Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says thanks:

Old 03-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Lourdes
Azúcar Morena

My Mood:

Never had to bother with terminals if you had the remote deposit box.
Lourdes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
Amaranthim Talon
Transient Being...

I never bothered with them 'cause XStreet pretty much pays for itself - but my real intent in pointing this out is - Merchants: Watch Your Transactions!

Time to take stock and weigh the ROI - if you have hundreds of items and only two sell... easy to see it is a losing proposition. For my self, the majority of my sales are inworld so while up to now XStreet was sel-supporting it may not be that way for long.

Here is the official info:
https://blogs.secondlife.com/communi...t-sl-terminals

Old 03-05-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
Boy Lane
Evil Dolly

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Boy Lane

I'm boycotting XStreet, so how can I remove an eventual link?
Boy Lane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2010, 08:05 AM   #5
Marcel Flatley
Lord of the Chance

Rez Date: Jul 27, 2007
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 1

For both merchants and customers this is a good thing. People browsing XStreet can buy what they find, even if their XStreet balance is zero, provided they have inworld balance. So that seems a big advantage.

Eventually you will have only 1 balance, for both inworld and XStreet purchased, which is as it should be. Less of a hassle for customers, and less of a hassle for merchants. This could of course a mean rise of XStreet sales.
One transaction log would mean less work importing my sales into a database, so that too makes me happy :-)

They also did promise a way to list multiple colors in one listing, so people selling something in 10 colors do not have to use 10 listings. I imagine they do that one first as well, before the new fees kick in. Which will happen, no doubt about that. Something I still see as a good thing, and so far I am right, regarding my own sales. After the announcement my sales only went up. Probably they gained more visibility because less items were there.

Inworld store:

Also for copy/mod/no-transfer, and no-copy/mod/transfer animations (both cuddles & erotic)!
Marcel Flatley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
Amaranthim Talon
Transient Being...

I will still wait and see if it is worth it to me to stay with XStreet for what little i do sell there- meantime been busy adding my stuff to slapt though even less activity there.

Sometimes I honestly just want to throw my hands up and give in - i am just tired -

Old 03-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
Czari
Fiery Redhead

Rez Date: May 01, 2007
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthim Talon View Post
Sometimes I honestly just want to throw my hands up and give in - i am just tired
I can imagine!! I still wonder how you accomplish so much in one day!!

I am a member of Second Life Commerce Merchants group. Not sure if this is the one you mean. I haven't seen any chat about Xstreet, at least while I'm online.

And speaking of Xstreet, have you all heard about the tags for the Linden homes if you offer some low prim items?

The info is here: https://blogs.secondlife.com/communi...nch-on-xstreet

It is for those merchants who build low prim furnishings and accessories to be able to utilize the 117 prims. Since everything I've built so far is all low prim, I began slapping those tags on all my listings on Xstreet, considering how appropriate my product would be for one of the themes. Since I've made a number of Japanese items, most of my tags were tagSharetaOsumai (which I and others noticed is currently broken *sigh* Many of my products can be used in a variety of settings so all of my items had at least one of these new tags on it.

I just tagged everything yesterday and haven't noticed any change yet in sales yet (of course a broken tag doesn't help...lol), but always up for something new. There is also a St. Patrick's day tag available as well listed on the same URL.

The answer to a question re: the tags indicate that this first set is basically experimental to tweak the tagging system and more tags will be added later.

In World Shoppe

SL Marketplace
Czari is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #8
Amaranthim Talon
Transient Being...

Tonight I need to set out my St. Paddy stuff and make some themed lashes!
Need to get busy-busy! I have made one new hair, need to change the colors and also for the Steam Hunt ons to sell the other colors- well I hope to sell!

Steam is working out nicely, very glad I did it again - Czari, there is going to be a b-day party for Perryn coming up the weekend I think, if u r interested-