Banner by GradyE

Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Sandbox: Second Citizen > The Cornfield > Wisdom of Second Thoughts

Burning Lindens -- and Possible Remedies
Old 06-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
Blog Bot

Default Burning Lindens -- and Possible Remedies

More...
Blog Bot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
Govi
Ça va chier.

Rez Date: Mar 06, 2004
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2

In one jump, from FIC to Illuminati! You're good, Really, you are. Wow.

Total Madness:
Of course, as I've pointed out, Silicon Valley has its strange and evil rituals. There's the ancient Bohemian Grove ritual going more than 100 years back, where men in the San Francisco area in the power elites gathered for a big outdoor camp out in the summer and engage in a variety of strange practices, from performing themed plays to pissing on the redwoods openly -- to burning a giant effigy of an owl, a ritual called "The Cremation of Care." This seems to be a kind of precursor to the Burning Man festival -- which also culminates in the burning of a giant wooden man. Both of these creepy festivals have their roots in the Moloch cult and Satanic worship and have fueled conspiracy theories for decades.

Ahem. The Bohemian Club and the annual get-together in the Bohemian Grove is a capitalist get-together, Prok. It dates to the Big Four days (Huntington, Stanford, Hopkins, Crocker) and the control of California's government by Southern Pacific.

From Wikipedia's entry on the Bohemian Grove
The Bohemian Club is a private club; only active members of the Club (known as "Bohos" or "Grovers"[9]) and their guests may visit the Grove. These guests have been known to include politicians and notable figures from countries outside the U.S.[2] Particularly during the midsummer encampment, the number of guests is strictly limited due to the small size of the facilities. Nevertheless, up to 2,900 members and guests have been reported as attending some of the annual encampments.[citation needed]

The membership list has included every Republican and some Democratic U.S. presidents since 1923, many cabinet officials, directors and CEOs of large corporations including major financial institutions. Major military contractors, oil companies, banks (including the Federal Reserve), utilities (including nuclear power) and national media (broadcast and print) have high-ranking officials as club members or guests.

Oh, and this:
"If I were to choose the speech that gave me the most pleasure and satisfaction in my political career, it would be my Lakeside Speech at the Bohemian Grove in July 1967. Because this speech traditionally was off the record it received no publicity at the time. But in many important ways it marked the first milestone on my road to the presidency."—President Richard Nixon, Memoirs (1978)
Govi is offline   Reply With Quote
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':
2 users say thanks:
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 06-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
Han Held
Trollan in the jeep

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 
Total Awards: 1

*skims the comments*
*sees people who really ought to know better respond seriously to prok's batshit prattlings
*reaction:
The only gentle and inclusive ... ... dead. The party lost its only remaining tenderness, Helian Yaohua what would become one?Not think people are scared to go <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVGo8TLp40A">Cheap sun glasses</url>" ... chi up your embroidery, embroidered chi, chi embroidery, embroidered chi .
Han Held is offline   Reply With Quote
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:
2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 06-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
JohnnyVann
Rocky Mountain Hi! :wave:

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 
Total Awards: 1

Don't you mean...

Old 06-19-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2

They worship the big great owl.

edit to ad here it is

“A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” ― Coco Chanel
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." ― Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Morgaine Alter is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:
2 users are now drooling and mumbling about pie: