Banner by GradyE

Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Mainland: Second Life® > Business and Economy

Bad Land Business Practices
Old 09-05-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2
Default Bad Land Business Practices

I just posted this in the chat box but I am so fuming I will say it here
New [05-09, 09:14] Morgaine Alter grr I just had the worst experince with renting a sim from a well known Land Company in SL
New [05-09, 09:15] Morgaine Alter can we name names?
New [05-09, 09:15] Morgaine Alter they say I owe them 12+kL from before and took all my L I paid for the sim leaving me with one week only in rent paid
New [05-09, 09:16] Morgaine Alter bs
New [05-09, 09:16] Morgaine Alter I never owe $
New [05-09, 09:17] Morgaine Alter I asked for the proof and was sent nothing but they did take my sim hostage
New [05-09, 09:17] Morgaine Alter with ban lines nuts

“A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” ― Coco Chanel
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." ― Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Morgaine Alter is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users have offered hugs:

Old 09-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

I am keeping note cards on all convo's with the help of the place plus sent emails and asked for the history of the transactions were there claim is coming from.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Lain (is Bams)
For-uhm Boredz Creator

Rez Date: Sep 23, 2007
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 1

Lain (is Bams) is offline   Reply With Quote
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':
The following user says thanks:

Old 09-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
Vivianne Draper
Unregistered is a poopiehead

Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

oh yah you can name names
post the whole thing. we eat scammers for breakfast.
Vivianne Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:
6 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 09-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
Fatz
Shitter's Full

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Fatz
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

PLEASE name names.

And slurls if it gets to that point.

eta: with the rental market in the condition it is they're real douchebags for pulling this. I bet someone on SCII can find you a better deal anyway.
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." -KFM

Plurk, AvatarsUnited, TeamFortress2.
Fatz is offline   Reply With Quote
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 09-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
Sarah Nerd
is doing Unregistered

Rez Date: Aug 21, 2005
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Sarah Nerd

Land people make errors, but they need to suck it up and admit when they do. If you have been renting from them for awhile they would have no reason not to believe you so it sounds like they are just being assholes.
Sarah Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

I will hold off on naming names for the moment. I had rented from them a lot and large parcels too. This will be the 3rd time and a homestead at that. There have been gaps when I had moved into say Zindra when they gave me land for my mainland holdings.
I can also understand mistakes too why when they told me the day before I asked them to show me the proof they had and lets see what they are talking about. Nothing was sent to me so I paid extra to the tier station to hold it over in case of anything.
So I dont get any information not even hey we are working on it can you just keep paying. All I got was land locked out and everything gone w/a 24hr notice to pay them more L.
I dont believe all land business are shady at all btw, just want that clear
This feels like a shake down.
I paid for a full month just about and now I am sitting on land they say I only paid one week for now.
ugh
The following user offers hugs:

Old 09-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #8
Spaceman Opus
Aquakosher

Rez Date: May 13, 2006
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Spaceman Opus
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Name & Shame!

Also, what does your transaction history say? Take a screen shot and send it to the land manager.
Spaceman Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:

Old 09-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
vivi Odets
the original

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Opus View Post
Also, what does your transaction history say? Take a screen shot and send it to the land manager.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
Fatz
Shitter's Full

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgaine Alter View Post
I will hold off on naming names for the moment. I had rented from them a lot and large parcels too. This will be the 3rd time and a homestead at that. There have been gaps when I had moved into say Zindra when they gave me land for my mainland holdings.
I can also understand mistakes too why when they told me the day before I asked them to show me the proof they had and lets see what they are talking about. Nothing was sent to me so I paid extra to the tier station to hold it over in case of anything.
So I dont get any information not even hey we are working on it can you just keep paying. All I got was land locked out and everything gone w/a 24hr notice to pay them more L.
I dont believe all land business are shady at all btw, just want that clear
This feels like a shake down.
I paid for a full month just about and now I am sitting on land they say I only paid one week for now.
ugh
Yes, mistakes do happen but you don't throw someone out THEN undo the mistake. So they returned all of your shit too? WTF

Old 09-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #11
Weston Graves
Werebeagle

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

I can't imagine how much an entire sim costs to rent, but I expect it's nothing to sneeze at. I hope you get it resolved.

I'm having a bit of a rent issue myself because I screwed up and paid the parcel owner directly rather than through his automated system which i couldn't find at first. I fear the guy never logs in.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #12
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

I am still waiting for their records to show me the discrepancy or even any word back to me.
So when I got the HS sim they had me pay the first week its how there billing is set up. I went to the terminal paid another week after I got a message in IM from there help saying I owed more L from previous. I asked then and there for her to make sure they send me any and all info to my email. Nothing.
When I logged in after seeing they sent me something this morning I landed in a little box made from ban lines. The sim was completely gone and everything on it. Nothing was returned either. The notecard said I had 24 hours to pay such and such or it will be returned. I IM the guy asap the help. He says he can do nothing and to contact the main help person avatar set up for the company. yeah like they will do a thing within 24 hours on a Sunday and a holiday weekend at that. So I pay them more at there pay terminal. Figuring well what they claim I owe them plus another week so I can have access to my stuff and when they clear this up I better get credit back on my account with them.
Now that I think of it that was a dumb move. They have my L about
28K in L and on there record only one week tier paid on the current land.
They will do nothing to rectify this, why should they?
They have it.
It was Dreamland, screw it.
I havent rented from them in a year so I have no records for my SL going back that far.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #13
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Here is the place so far still needs lots of work but its a quiet sim with pose balls and Intans for dancing, open to friends! If all goes well I hope to have everything completed by next week as time allows.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cayo%20Fragoso/173/214/30

Old 09-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #14
Fatz
Shitter's Full

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

So whatever happened with this? Did they refund?

Old 09-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #15
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

well I should have posted the end of this craziness.
I had to fight for them to even respond to my request, I kept asking them hello what is the deal here? They kept saying oh nothing its all fine now and acted like they never read the notecard that explained everything in detail to my situation. Well only one did. The other just never responded back to me at all.

The one angel who told me that I should contact such and such I IM'd and sent a Note Card too about our previous convo on this (so she would no who I was incase) asking for help since no person responded who I was told to contact. Well that was just a dandy exchange with her. I never was treated so rudely. Telling me that I shouldn't contact her again about this. o.O

When I did talk to the "one in charge" they basically told me too bad and never showed me any proof. They claimed that they did not take the land back when I left in time so I was charged all the tier in till they did. I was told on that parcel to set it to sell to Dreamland which I did, when I left.
However it was still in my name and they lacked the ability to follow through with what I was told.
whatever
So I am stuck with this homestead with tier paid for another week. I dont want to build anymore on it. I will have to take all back carefully so I can set it up again with ease.
I was given a name of another person who rents them.

I wish I could save the terrain map thing so I dont have to do that again. I don't think I can with the way they have the estate stuff set.

So I will move I would rather do so then give them anymore $.
Funny thing is I am very easy with these things and land and with any neighbor I ever had, accommodating too. I am not cheap I spend and give away tons of cash at concerts or to just friends because.

I may have even stayed with them but they were so rude its unreal. Mistakes happen I know this but at least act professional, this is a business not a typical SL business.

lesson learned
I would never deal with them again and anyone else I would never recommend them period.
3 users have offered hugs:

Old 09-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #16
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

god this is killing me a cracking me up at the same time...
I gave up the land one day early the way I was told to and look what I got in my offline from them o.O
Quote:
The object 'Cayo Fragoso' has sent you a message from Second Life:
Cayo Fragoso @ Plush City 109, 34, 24 - You are now 1 day behind on your rental payments.

= Cayo Fragoso is owned by Mallbilling ACS
= http://slurl.com/secondlife/Plush%20City/109/34/24
needless to say I sent all my documentation and screen shots I took as I did it the way they told me to ...but I will not hear from them ...who knows when they will claim it back and then bill me on it.
Nice little extortion they got going on there.

Last edited by Morgaine Alter; 09-16-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #17
Vivianne Draper
Unregistered is a poopiehead

Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

actually its all too typical in SL unfortunately. businesses in there don't run like real businesses. as someone who is in the process now of setting up a real business -- i guarantee you that most of the folks earning cash in sl didn't go through the process of setting up something real.
Vivianne Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 09-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #18
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

yep yep

It so true but this SL business certainly is and one would expect that they would but, I guess that is only at there convenience.
Oh well cant do anything about it really but never ever deal with Dreamland again