Joy Honey
damnable hitch, meanie

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joy Honey
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2

"Listen, cop, I'm on the verge of disliking you."

One of the hardest things to believe is the abysmal depth of human stupidity. - Robert A. Heinlein
Joy Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)
2 users have offered hugs:

Old 09-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #82
Persephone Milk
How do I change this?

Rez Date: Oct 05, 2004
My Mood:

This is hard, I am in tears. Julia was so determined to beat this. My heart aches for my dear and sweet friend, and for her family and friends. I am so thankful that she is surrounded by people that love her and are caring for her. Keeping Maddie and her family in my heart and thoughts through this very difficult time. I love you Trin.
Persephone Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users say thanks:
11 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 09-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #83
Ursula Cinquetti
Re-member

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

I don't know Maddie except from here. But this is hitting me hard. All of you who love her and know her, please know I am thinking about your pain and sorrow. And your joy for knowing her and loving her.
Ursula Cinquetti is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says thanks:
9 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)
5 users have offered hugs:

Old 09-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #84
GradyE
Hybrid Angel

Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck The GradyE 

This is deeply sad news Trin. She brought joy to many. My love to her and to you.
*hugs you
GradyE is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users say thanks:
4 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)
The following user offers hugs:

Old 09-07-2010, 12:19 AM   #85
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

“A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” ― Coco Chanel
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." ― Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Morgaine Alter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2010, 12:27 AM   #86
YOUR MOM
is Lecktor Hannibal

Rez Date: Jul 07, 2004
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to YOUR MOM

Thank you Lin for the update much love and hugs for you my dear. I have known and had the honor of Maddie's friendship for all of my SL years. This is so sad. She was getting a kick out of my trucking pics on FB and leaving me very sweet comments. She is such a dear dear lady. The world will miss her soul as I will. :-( I wish her peace and comfort. Love you MM.
YOUR MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 09-07-2010, 12:56 AM   #87
Envoy Costagravas
Travels the world, calmly

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
Suave 28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 3

It's funny: I'd only been to one of Madame's shows inworld, but I had really loved her posts on the various forums. It took on a new dimension last fall when (against my will!) I joined Facebook, and we agreed to friend each other. From then on, she has been Julia to me.

I've read her many enthusiastic postings, and we've even had some good and fun PM's to each other. I've followed her war against illness since the first (recent) skirmish, when she broke her femur. Like many of you have seen, her almost insanely positive will seemed like a force of nature. Something in our recent posts had been nagging at me, poking at and between the many layers of worry and sorrow over a matter like this. And I realized tonight it was how many people knew her as "Maddie".

Those of us - most of us, I imagine - who have come here from our alternate worlds eventually end up knowing a person by more than one, perhaps a few, names. After time, they meld and blend, and we grow comfortable knowing them under the name that suits the occasion best. Then it finally dawned on me: part of my sorrow in this difficult turn of events was the acknowledgement that I still miss another Maddie. Neither of them the same, at all, but both of them have been vivid, vivacious personalities that made all of us feel just that much better about being part of the human race, especially when there are so many opportunities to feel otherwise.

When the time comes for Julia to leave us - which will happen, at some point, as it does for all of us - I hope Kendra is there, opening the door to the Big Party, and asking her what the hell took her so long!

Cherish each other. We're only here for an instant.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:35 AM   #88
Willow Matthews
will be whimsical.

Rez Date: Jul 19, 2006
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
Kiss of Perfection 
Total Awards: 1

Oh jesus Trin, that must have been so hard to write, but you did it for us. Maddie's friends. Thank you.

I can't beleive I'll never hear her voice again at Lo Lo. Those great stories she told us! Always joking and making us laugh. I literally just had to type one line in chat and Mads would know a story about the subject. An amazing lady.

Crying a bit too hard at this point to type much more. I'm not on her FB or anything, we always met inworld or here. But it'd be great if you could pass my love on to Mads, her family and all of her friends. Most of all keep some for yourself Trin.

Peace to you Mads. You wonderful woman. Know that this last little bit of time is going to be treasured by those that love you. After that we get to love you always and remember what you gave us.

Far out. It's hard to hit send on this post. It's like if I do then I agree to it or something. Mads sweetheart, you are leaving us way too soon. I love you.

Willow Matthews is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users say thanks:
8 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 09-07-2010, 05:20 AM   #89
Wendy Bouchard
The one and only

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

What horrible and sad news, I feel blessed to spend so many hours in her company, she had the most infectious laugh.
the best part of her shows where between songs that she would tell us a funny story about her day. these stories always showed her lust for life and her kind and generous nature.

she has given me many fond memories and i will miss her terribly.

I think i will have a good cry
Wendy Bouchard is offline   Reply With Quote
8 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 09-07-2010, 05:41 AM   #90
Questor Sinclair
figuring it out

My Mood:

I don't know Maddie other than from her posts here, but she's obviously a special, well loved lady and I'm very saddened indeed that she's leaving us too soon.

Peace and happiness to you, Maddie. May the love of those you left behind ease your journey to the better place. Questor xxx

I'm guided by a signal in the heavens, I'm guided by this birthmark on my skin... L. Cohen
Questor Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users say thanks:

Old 09-07-2010, 07:00 AM   #91
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

I don't have the words.

Poor Maddie

The feral rabbit horde edged forward.

Pooh stepped over the decapitated corpse of Eeyore. There would be time for mourning afterwards.

Flanked by Tigger and Roo, they met the ravening rabbits in pitched battle.
Lucifer Baphomet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #92
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

She is just one of those good ones ya know. I didn't know what to say nothing is good enough.
4 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 09-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #93
Sarah Nerd
is doing Unregistered

Rez Date: Aug 21, 2005
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Sarah Nerd

I'm so very sorry.
Sarah Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #94
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

In my world, Death is just a gateway, and we all see each other again. But the sadness of the solitary journey, that recognition that we go forward alone to get to the other side- that hurts.

Maddie. I wish I could fix things for you, because you're a wonderful person, and cancer sucks. But I'll see you on the other side when it's my turn.

"...he may know what he actually meant, but we certainly cannot. It's like some biblical quote pulled at random from Revelations and used to support Jesus wielding Colt 45s and riding a tyrannosaurus rex at the Final Battle, only much shorter and bilingual. Maybe." ~Govi
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users say thanks:

Old 09-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #95
Amaranthim Talon
Transient Being...

Rez Date: Nov 16, 2006

I do not know Madame other than reading her posts here- I am truly saddened by her loss to her friends and family and to the comunity as a whole. There really isn't much one can say as far as wishing better times - I see she wil be held dear and what more can one ask when we go other than we left a positive mark. Peace -

http://talonfaire.blogspot.com/
Amaranthim Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 09-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #96
Charlemagne Allen
Vicious Asshole Owl-thing

Rez Date: Feb 18, 2007
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

"I always notice. I just don't care."- Gabe Lippman

"With squirting Batman dicks and god knows what all!"- Coconut Koala

"I don't actually have any desire to fuck sushi."- Io Zeno

Mein Foto:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/charlemagneallen/

Charlemagne Allen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2010, 12:11 PM   #97
Rose Karuna
Crazy Cat Woman

My Mood:

I can't say much right now because I'm crying at work so I'm just gonna say *Hugs Trin* and that I believe that core of a persons life is not how many people loved them but how many people that they loved and Maddie loved a LOT of people. There was no one who was not better for having crossed her path, myself included.
Rose Karuna is offline   Reply With Quote
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':
2 users say thanks:
2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Re: Madame Maracas Update
Old 09-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #98
HEX BLACKTHORNE

Awards Showcase
28th 
Default Re: Madame Maracas Update

Sent from Hex's Phone using Tapatalk
HEX BLACKTHORNE is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users have offered hugs:

Old 09-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #99
ruby tuesday
Banned

My Mood:

I haven't been in SL for years, but I always enjoyed going to her shows. This is so sad. My thoughts are with her friends and family.
ruby tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users say thanks:

Old 09-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #100
Sally Rosebud
Will it ever end?

Rez Date: Apr 18, 2005
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Sally Rosebud Send a message via Skype™ to Sally Rosebud
Awards Showcase
Cooking Goddess 28th 5k trainwreck 

Old 09-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #101
Brigid

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Trin. I have no words. My heart and my thoughts are there with you and her family. Love you hon.
Brigid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #102
Phoenix Psaltery
Down to Five Toes

Rez Date: Feb 25, 2005
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

I've been thinking of getting this tattoo for some time, and I think the words sum up Maddie's life quite well:

P2
And everything is green and submarine...
Phoenix Psaltery is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #103
Vengence Opus
It's all in a day.

My Mood:

You are in our prayers, Julia. Thank you for the joy you've brought to so many lives. Peace be with you on your journey, and travel well, sweet lady.

Big s Trin.

Vengence Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users say thanks:

Old 09-07-2010, 03:06 PM   #104
Freya
Vaginal Parfait

Send a message via Yahoo to Freya Send a message via Skype™ to Freya
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Freya is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #105
Trinity Serpentine

Rez Date: Sep 30, 2004
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Psaltery View Post
I've been thinking of getting this tattoo for some time, and I think the words sum up Maddie's life quite well:

P2
This song has been going through my mind ever since I received the news. This is very fitting.
Trinity Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #106
Arilynn
Has no title

My Mood:

Some of Madame's posts about the various challenges she has faced throughout her life have been among the most memorable pieces I have read on a forum. A few changed for the positive the way I look at people and deepened my understanding of others - I can't think of a better legacy one can leave through a medium such as this. From her posts, I admired her spirit, candor, and courage. It shocks me to look back on her posting and see her add funny or friendly comments so recently. Reading of her decline has been heartbreaking.

Thank you, Trin, for sharing this during such a difficult time. Thank you, MM, for expanding my world. My thoughts and love to you both.
Arilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users say thanks:
11 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 09-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #107
Io Zeno
Have An Apple

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Trinity, and all those who cared for her, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I didn't know Madame other than from her posts here but she seemed to me to be a very special and strong woman, which the affection and sadness expressed here confirms.

Io Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #108
Lias
I am Cornholio

Rez Date: Jul 06, 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to Lias Send a message via Skype™ to Lias
Awards Showcase
Forumz Crusader 5k trainwreck 

Lias is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2010, 01:30 AM   #109
TyaF
n00b

My prayers are with Julia, her family and her friends. I have no words. She was a special sweet lady and I feel honored to know her.

Quote:
God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So He put His arms around you and whispered "come to me." With tearful eyes we watched you, and saw you pass away. Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hardworking hands at rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best.
TyaF is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #110
Trinity Serpentine

Rez Date: Sep 30, 2004
My Mood:

Please take a moment to say good-bye to Julia Hernandez aka Madame Maracas. She past away quietly this morning with her father and sister by her side. Every one of us was in the room with her in some way. Not many people get a Julia in their lives, we were the lucky ones.

I love you always, hermana. Te quiero siempre.
Trinity Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #111
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

We grow accustomed to the Dark
Emily Dickinson

We grow accustomed to the Dark—
When light is put away—
As when the Neighbor holds the Lamp
To witness her Goodbye—

A Moment—We uncertain step
For newness of the night—
Then—fit our Vision to the Dark—
And meet the Road—erect—

And so of larger—Darkness—
Those Evenings of the Brain—
When not a Moon disclose a sign—
Or Star—come out—within—

The Bravest—grope a little—
And sometimes hit a Tree
Directly in the Forehead—
But as they learn to see—

Either the Darkness alters—
Or something in the sight
Adjusts itself to Midnight—
And Life steps almost straight.
2 users say thanks:

Old 09-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #112
Elora Lunasea
Tolerant Cat Mistress

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
Cooking Goddess 28th 5k trainwreck 

The Mourner's Kaddish for Maddie. Sad to be said at the beginning of a New Year
I am not religious by any means but this prayer always makes me weep to hear it said aloud and so, because it has such emotional meaning to me I am saying it for Madame.
Go with Peace.

Yis'ga'dal v'yis'kadash sh'may ra'bbo, b'olmo dee'vro chir'usay v'yamlich malchu'say, b'chayaychon uv'yomay'chon uv'chayay d'chol bais Yisroel, ba'agolo u'viz'man koriv; v'imru Omein.
Y'hay shmay rabbo m'vorach l'olam ul'olmay olmayo.
Yisborach v'yishtabach v'yispoar v'yisromam v'yismasay, v'yishador v'yis'aleh v'yisalal, shmay d'kudsho, brich hu, l'aylo min kl birchoso v'sheeroso, tush'bechoso v'nechemoso, da,ameeran b'olmo; vimru Omein.
Y'hay shlomo rabbo min sh'mayo, v'chayim alaynu v'al kol Yisroel; v'imru Omein.
Oseh sholom bimromov, hu ya'aseh sholom olaynu, v'al kol yisroel; vimru Omein.

http://eloralunasea.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elora_lunasea/
Elora Lunasea is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users say thanks:
3 users have offered hugs:

Old 09-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #113
Cocoanut Koala
January Pie

Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and her friends and family.
Cocoanut Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #114
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Best at full screen:

http://vimeo.com/14173983

Last edited by Jen; 09-08-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #115
YOUR MOM
is Lecktor Hannibal

Rez Date: Jul 07, 2004
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to YOUR MOM

Rest now dearheart. :-( <3 you will be so missed. See you again soon.
YOUR MOM is offline   Reply With Quote

Re: Madame Maracas Update
Old 09-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #116
HEX BLACKTHORNE

Awards Showcase
28th 
Default Re: Madame Maracas Update

You will be missed and your memory cherished.

Sent from Hex's Phone using Tapatalk
HEX BLACKTHORNE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #117
Joy Honey
damnable hitch, meanie

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joy Honey
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Thank you, Trinity, for sharing this terribly sad news.

Thank you, Julia, for just being who you were - a bright ray of light full of hope and love. Rest in peace.

Peace and solace to all her family and friends.
Joy Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 09-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #118
Bunnie
making Unregistered a sammich!

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

I have no words...

Old 09-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #119
Brigid

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

I'll miss her inspiring presence. Rest peacefully Julia. My heart is with her friends and family.
Brigid is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 09-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #120
Asher Bertrand
Exercising demons

Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

I'm so sorry and so sad for all who were lucky enough to know her as a friend.