Old 11-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #81
Don Mill

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Bunneh View Post
If I'm reading your question correctly then yes.. The list of addresses is the list of all addresses used to connect to this board as vBulletin has captured them.
So, just to be in the same page, you can match a login event under Bams or Bunns ID to every one of those IP addresses, right?

Thanks for the clarifications Fox, I know that you do not need to do this.

Don Mill is offline   Reply With Quote
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 11-12-2010, 10:02 PM   #82
Fatz
Shitter's Full

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Fatz
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

http://www.torproject.org/

The accusation starts unraveling at the IP list that Fox posted.

Start composing your apology to Bams and Bunns now.
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." -KFM

Plurk, AvatarsUnited, TeamFortress2.
Fatz is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says thanks:
The following user disagrees:

Old 11-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #83
Trout
Has the moves like Jagger

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Mill View Post
I agree that can it be done, what I am saying is that Bams doing it, you doing it or me doing it using the same tool will probably create similar results. There is where my mental disconnection exist (from the technical point of view).

Me doing it would result in me writing a check to a computer guy to fix whatever the hell I had destroyed in my computer trying to do it.

You and Bams could probably pull it off. Wouldn't the result be, though, that if you did it, you would have all of those IP addresses logging onto the Don Mill account? Those addresses are linked to Bams and Bunns accounts, and to the clone accounts that were used to scoop the admins PMs. So if you did it, it would link them to Don Mill, and to any other account you logged onto - say you have an alt account named Mill Don. The admins could look at that and pretty conclusively determine that you were both people because they would have several IP addresses that would link you to both of those accounts and nobody else was associated with those IPs. It's unrealistic to assume that someone with a grudge against you could somehow spoof multiple IPs when they didn't know what IP address you were using. They would have to basically win the lottery and guess the right answer three times in a row, which is not possible.

Have i got that right?
Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 11-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #84
Fatz
Shitter's Full

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunns View Post
This is the last fucking thing we ever expected. I'm sure some of you think that I'm just blind or dumb or not in the know.

Bams didn't do anything. This is slander.
Libel. Slander is verbal.

I think I have that right.
3 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 11-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #85
Trout

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatz View Post
http://www.torproject.org/

The accusation starts unraveling at the IP list that Fox posted.

Start composing your apology to Bams and Bunns now.
Can you explain?

God. I feel like an infant here. For the record, i contribute to the community here in other ways than technical know-how. I'm not a complete idiot.
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':
2 users have offered hugs:

Old 11-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #86
prinţesă nina
Banned

Rez Date:

you will have to excuse my lack of confidence in the admin teams ip sleuthing skills, as i have been on the receiving end of this myself.

bams has never made any secret of the fact that she frequently uses TOR onion routing to access sc. by its very nature TOR obscures and spoofs. those ironproof ip addys are TOR relays, yes? anyone logging into sc via TOR is going to be drawing from the same pool of ip addresses. all that has been proven is that somebody registered accounts using TOR.

i suggest those of you that are so quick to lynch bams go download TOR, run it, and log into sc. the results of that will speak volumes.

you know, its things like this that might make the more technically inclined members have second thoughts about sharing their tech knowledge on the board. and when it comes to bams, youre only depriving yourselves of a person that has always been eager to help you guys out with your computer woes.
The following user offers hugs:

Old 11-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #87
HEX BLACKTHORNE

Awards Showcase
28th 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer Baphomet View Post
Maybe not Leck....

After all they both log into SL
THAT'S RIGHT MAN! YOU TELL EM!
HEX BLACKTHORNE is offline   Reply With Quote
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:

Old 11-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #88
Don Mill

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout View Post
Me doing it would result in me writing a check to a computer guy to fix whatever the hell I had destroyed in my computer trying to do it.

You and Bams could probably pull it off. Wouldn't the result be, though, that if you did it, you would have all of those IP addresses logging onto the Don Mill account? Those addresses are linked to Bams and Bunns accounts, and to the clone accounts that were used to scoop the admins PMs. So if you did it, it would link them to Don Mill, and to any other account you logged onto - say you have an alt account named Mill Don. The admins could look at that and pretty conclusively determine that you were both people because they would have several IP addresses that would link you to both of those accounts and nobody else was associated with those IPs. It's unrealistic to assume that someone with a grudge against you could somehow spoof multiple IPs when they didn't know what IP address you were using. They would have to basically win the lottery and guess the right answer three times in a row, which is not possible.

Have i got that right?
Let me explain it how I believe I see it, I do need confirmation tho.

I connect to Tor and use it to connect to SC. Tor uses a set of internal nodes (computers) to mask my own from SC when connecting. So the end result is that SC receives Tor IP addresses.

Bams uses Tor to connect to SC. Tor does the same, so there is a chance, no idea how big/slim that some of the nodes used by Bams are the same as mine.

That is the point I am trying to understand. If that is the case, we can not be sure of the actual real source.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #89
Trout

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatz View Post
Libel. Slander is verbal.

I think I have that right.
Stick with defamation. You cover all your bases that way.

And it's neither slander nor libel if they have a reasonable belief that their accusation is true. They have to know it's a lie for it to be actionable.

Untrue statement, knowingly made, intending that others rely on it, others actually rely, other's reliance is reasonable, resultant damage.

Shit. That's 6. I'm pretty sure there were 7 elements.

Edit: just trying to be helpful. This garbage is all I'm good at.
4 users say thanks:

Old 11-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #90
YOUR MOM
is Lecktor Hannibal

Rez Date: Jul 07, 2004
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to YOUR MOM

Quote:
Do you really want me to answer that question?

Do whatever you want, you are just behaving like a mad gorilla pounding your chest... we only asked for evidence to draw our own conclusions.

Privacy on an Internet forum? Please... that is

Sure asshole, go ahead and answer the question. Please do in fact. I'm sure all of us here are waiting to hear your opinion of me. It isn't yours or anybody else's place to ask for your own fucking evidence. We have the evidence and wouldn't have posted this shit and named names. You bunch of fucking hypocrites.
YOUR MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:
2 users are now drooling and mumbling about pie:

Old 11-12-2010, 10:16 PM   #91
Don Mill

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR MOM View Post
Sure asshole, go ahead and answer the question. Please do in fact. I'm sure all of us here are waiting to hear your opinion of me. It isn't yours or anybody else's place to ask for your own fucking evidence. We have the evidence and wouldn't have posted this shit and named names. You bunch of fucking hypocrites.
Good work Mom... keep pounding your hairy chest... I am sure it feels manly

Old 11-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #92
Vengence Opus
It's all in a day.

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinţesă nina View Post
anyone logging into sc via TOR is going to be drawing from the same pool of ip addresses. all that has been proven is that somebody registered accounts using TOR.
I agree with this right here.

A proxy service is going to give out the same IPs to anyone using the service. It will go right back to a TOR server. I do suggest someone run into the site through TOR, check the results, and weight it with what information you have. Not slighting anyone's knowledge, just saying run it through the wringer and see what you get.
Vengence Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 11-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #93
evoL mubble
I am Cornholio

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout View Post
Stick with defamation. You cover all your bases that way.

And it's neither slander nor libel if they have a reasonable belief that their accusation is true. They have to know it's a lie for it to be actionable.

Untrue statement, knowingly made, intending that others rely on it, others actually rely, other's reliance is reasonable, resultant damage.

Shit. That's 6. I'm pretty sure there were 7 elements.
There was an article in the newspaper here recently that said defamatiion was when it was done verbally and it was considered libel / slander if on a blog/forum/internet etc. apparently its classified diff on the internet... I dont know if the article was in relation to US law or Canadian law.
evoL mubble is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #94
Lain (is Bams)
For-uhm Boredz Creator

Rez Date: Sep 23, 2007
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

I did not, now or at any time, violate this boards security polices and/or modify anything I did not have authorization to modify (as my own posts are modifiable, it would be unfair to say I never modified anything).

Two of the IP addresses you posted are nowhere to be found on my firewall logs, router logs, or any logs for that matter. The rest of the addresses you posted are a mish-mash of TOR router exit points and public proxy addresses that could have been used by anyone.

My address is now, and has been static for a minimum of two months, and does NOT match the IP address provided as proof of wrong doing.

I can assure you, being employed in thie field and spending nearly everyday handling issues like this, that you have not the proof to convict anyone or anything, much less have me convicted or a federal computer crime.

IF you are stupid enough to try and force your hand and take this to a court, you will find that your ISP will no doubt not have sufficient firewall access logs, connection request logs, and appropriate materials to meet the burden of proof for any of the claims you have made. Most of these cases will never see anything but a prosecutor's desk, as he scoffs at you for being ignorant.

If one needs any more proof of just how incompetent your mods and IT people are, one need only look at the last fiasco, where it was claimed I was all in hysteria and full of shit when I said I was being blocked at your firewall, for reasons unknown.

You all railed in here about what a crazy cunt I was and how I didn't know shit about shit and then when all the chips fell I didn't even get an apology for the horrendous lies and slander you put forth in that thread.

If I am guilty of ANYTHING, it is having my equipment tuned in a way that's too optimal for your lackluster ISP to handle, and so I had to reconfigure my equipment to stop your bullshit firewall from blocking me (the only one on the internet I might add).

So between your incompetent ISP, your lackluster technicians/admins, and the outright bullshit way you plastered this out in public without contacting me beforehand just demonstrates how big of a bullshit lynch mobbing you wanted this to be and not any incident of actual proof.

Two months ago? Are you serious? Does your ISP even keep logs that far back? It sounds from what you've described that it's more likely someone is spoofing or fucking with MY account, and not the other way around.

To put it frankly LECKTOR, hacking your board is BENEATH ME! It's well below my ability to give a shit, and it's something that 10 year olds do for laughs. To think that I would spend any amount of time hacking your board makes you a huge egomaniac, and a stupid fuckwit.

I'm one of the highest ranked security professionals in this country, so if and when this all comes out in real-life, you're going to look like a complete douchebag.

What you have done, however, is illegal. Defamation of character and slander for starter's, not to mention the possible damage to my professional career you are doing with your outright lies and falsehoods. So if and when you decide to pressure your lame ass ISP into making something out of nothing based on your half assed technical perspective, keep in mind that you'll be looking at a rather large civil suit, and that's not a threat, it's simply facts.

Lain (is Bams) is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users have offered hugs:

Old 11-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #95
Fatz
Shitter's Full

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinţesă nina View Post
you will have to excuse my lack of confidence in the admin teams ip sleuthing skills, as i have been on the receiving end of this myself.

bams has never made any secret of the fact that she frequently uses TOR onion routing to access sc. by its very nature TOR obscures and spoofs. those ironproof ip addys are TOR relays, yes? anyone logging into sc via TOR is going to be drawing from the same pool of ip addresses. all that has been proven is that somebody registered accounts using TOR.

i suggest those of you that are so quick to lynch bams go download TOR, run it, and log into sc. the results of that will speak volumes.

you know, its things like this that might make the more technically inclined members have second thoughts about sharing their tech knowledge on the board. and when it comes to bams, youre only depriving yourselves of a person that has always been eager to help you guys out with your computer woes.
Translation: Start writing your apology to Bams and Bunns now.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #96
margaret mfume

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
I do not use TOR, because it's too slow. Bams only uses it when she can't get access, like when the firewall was blocking our previous IPs.
margaret mfume is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2010, 10:22 PM   #97
Bunnie
making Unregistered a sammich!

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

She didn't mean ever. I forgot we have to spell out some things for the slow folks.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:22 PM   #98
Lain (is Bams)
For-uhm Boredz Creator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaret mfume View Post
I'm not sure the point? We don't use TOR on a regular basis. We DID use TOR when the SCMKII firewall was blocking my IP addresses and the admins claimed they had no clue what was going on, going so far as to make the claim I was lying.

THAT is the only time TOR is being used, and I'm not even sure how Bunns is involved, because obviously she doesn't have the technical prowess to hack much of anything.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #99
evoL mubble
I am Cornholio

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengence Opus View Post
I agree with this right here.

A proxy service is going to give out the same IPs to anyone using the service. It will go right back to a TOR server. I do suggest someone run into the site through TOR, check the results, and weight it with what information you have. Not slighting anyone's knowledge, just saying run it through the wringer and see what you get.
There is a possibility that Bams account was cloned... and then the perpetrator used TOR to mask their tracks. There was a facebook exploit recently... something about scraping the user cookies from a wireless connection and having full access... hell recently I was on another site that was fucking up big time and by refreshing the page I was in someone elses account :/

This just sounds to amaturish for it to be Bams.
evoL mubble is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #100
Bunnie
making Unregistered a sammich!

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

It doesn't matter in the end, does it? People will believe what they believe.
Bunnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #101
Lain (is Bams)
For-uhm Boredz Creator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

This is THE SECOND TIME there has been some bullshit allegations about my dealings on this board. And also the SECOND TIME there has been a public outcry against me when the admins are clearly wrong.

I don't think it's much of an issue to realize the track record here. Everytime there's some nonsense with their board, someone gets accused of 'hacking' it. Wasn't it Nina last time?

Pfft. Ridiculous.

2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 11-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #102
Lain (is Bams)
For-uhm Boredz Creator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Hacking this worthless forum board is completely beneath me. I have much better things to do with my skillset. The mere thought is ludacris.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #103
YOUR MOM
is Lecktor Hannibal

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bams View Post
I did not, now or at any time, violate this boards security polices and/or modify anything I did not have authorization to modify (as my own posts are modifiable, it would be unfair to say I never modified anything).

Two of the IP addresses you posted are nowhere to be found on my firewall logs, router logs, or any logs for that matter. The rest of the addresses you posted are a mish-mash of TOR router exit points and public proxy addresses that could have been used by anyone.

My address is now, and has been static for a minimum of two months, and does NOT match the IP address provided as proof of wrong doing.

I can assure you, being employed in thie field and spending nearly everyday handling issues like this, that you have not the proof to convict anyone or anything, much less have me convicted or a federal computer crime.

IF you are stupid enough to try and force your hand and take this to a court, you will find that your ISP will no doubt not have sufficient firewall access logs, connection request logs, and appropriate materials to meet the burden of proof for any of the claims you have made. Most of these cases will never see anything but a prosecutor's desk, as he scoffs at you for being ignorant.

If one needs any more proof of just how incompetent your mods and IT people are, one need only look at the last fiasco, where it was claimed I was all in hysteria and full of shit when I said I was being blocked at your firewall, for reasons unknown.

You all railed in here about what a crazy cunt I was and how I didn't know shit about shit and then when all the chips fell I didn't even get an apology for the horrendous lies and slander you put forth in that thread.

If I am guilty of ANYTHING, it is having my equipment tuned in a way that's too optimal for your lackluster ISP to handle, and so I had to reconfigure my equipment to stop your bullshit firewall from blocking me (the only one on the internet I might add).

So between your incompetent ISP, your lackluster technicians/admins, and the outright bullshit way you plastered this out in public without contacting me beforehand just demonstrates how big of a bullshit lynch mobbing you wanted this to be and not any incident of actual proof.

Two months ago? Are you serious? Does your ISP even keep logs that far back? It sounds from what you've described that it's more likely someone is spoofing or fucking with MY account, and not the other way around.

To put it frankly LECKTOR, hacking your board is BENEATH ME! It's well below my ability to give a shit, and it's something that 10 year olds do for laughs. To think that I would spend any amount of time hacking your board makes you a huge egomaniac, and a stupid fuckwit.

I'm one of the highest ranked security professionals in this country, so if and when this all comes out in real-life, you're going to look like a complete douchebag.

What you have done, however, is illegal. Defamation of character and slander for starter's, not to mention the possible damage to my professional career you are doing with your outright lies and falsehoods. So if and when you decide to pressure your lame ass ISP into making something out of nothing based on your half assed technical perspective, keep in mind that you'll be looking at a rather large civil suit, and that's not a threat, it's simply facts.

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #104
YOUR MOM
is Lecktor Hannibal

My Mood:

Quote:
Hacking this worthless forum board is completely beneath me. I have much better things to do with my skillset. The mere thought is ludacris.

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #105
YOUR MOM
is Lecktor Hannibal

My Mood:

Quote:
This is THE SECOND TIME there has been some bullshit allegations about my dealings on this board. And also the SECOND TIME there has been a public outcry against me when the admins are clearly wrong.

I don't think it's much of an issue to realize the track record here. Everytime there's some nonsense with their board, someone gets accused of 'hacking' it. Wasn't it Nina last time?

Pfft. Ridiculous.

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #106
Uncle Fester
Drank the last Dr. Pepper

My Mood:

nvm leck beat me
Uncle Fester is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #107
YOUR MOM
is Lecktor Hannibal

My Mood:

Quote:
It doesn't matter in the end, does it? People will believe what they believe.
Thanks.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #108
YOUR MOM
is Lecktor Hannibal

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm not sure the point? We don't use TOR on a regular basis. We DID use TOR when the SCMKII firewall was blocking my IP addresses and the admins claimed they had no clue what was going on, going so far as to make the claim I was lying.

THAT is the only time TOR is being used, and I'm not even sure how Bunns is involved, because obviously she doesn't have the technical prowess to hack much of anything.

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #109
Lain (is Bams)
For-uhm Boredz Creator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

There's also the fact that there's NO MOTIVATION. What would be the point? To have access to a handful of mod PMs. Woohoo that sounds awful exciting. Give me a fucking break.

If anyone was going to suffer my 'hacker's wrath' this place is certainly not even on my top 100 list. Christ Leck grow some brains.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #110
YOUR MOM
is Lecktor Hannibal

My Mood:

Ahh.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #111
YOUR MOM
is Lecktor Hannibal

My Mood:

Quote:
There's also the fact that there's NO MOTIVATION. What would be the point? To have access to a handful of mod PMs. Woohoo that sounds awful exciting. Give me a fucking break.

If anyone was going to suffer my 'hacker's wrath' this place is certainly not even on my top 100 list. Christ Leck grow some brains.

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #112
Lain (is Bams)
For-uhm Boredz Creator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Whatever LECK. You'll never admit you're wrong. Because that's the kind of dickhead you are. This is so far beyond ok that I can't even believe you would stoop this low. You assholes still owe me an apology from the last time, when I proved that not only were you blocking me, but that Monna was a lying cunt.

I guess none of that matters for shit though right?

Old 11-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #113
YOUR MOM
is Lecktor Hannibal

My Mood:

Does your legal counsel recommend you continue the posts? Each one is a unique ip stamp.

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #114
YOUR MOM
is Lecktor Hannibal

My Mood:

Quote:
Whatever LECK. You'll never admit you're wrong. Because that's the kind of dickhead you are. This is so far beyond ok that I can't even believe you would stoop this low. You assholes still owe me an apology from the last time, when I proved that not only were you blocking me, but that Monna was a lying cunt.

I guess none of that matters for shit though right?
Thanks.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #115
Lain (is Bams)
For-uhm Boredz Creator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Why would I do something like this LECK? Do you have a good reason, or are you content looking like the world's biggest fuckhole?

Old 11-12-2010, 10:32 PM   #116
Lain (is Bams)
For-uhm Boredz Creator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

A unique IP stamp of an IP I'm apparently not even using. So I'm not sure how that's going to help you retard.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #117
Don Mill

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
nvm leck beat me
Having a good time Uncle?

Old 11-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #118
Lain (is Bams)
For-uhm Boredz Creator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

K Well you do what you have to do and once I get your shit my lawyer will follow with a civil suit. You're a fucking low life piece of shit scumbag for pulling a bullshit stunt like this.

Fuck you in the ass and anyone who would think for a minute that I give enough of a fuck about your lame ass board to hack it. Jackasses. The lot of you.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #119
Trout

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoL mubble View Post
There was an article in the newspaper here recently that said defamatiion was when it was done verbally and it was considered libel / slander if on a blog/forum/internet etc. apparently its classified diff on the internet... I dont know if the article was in relation to US law or Canadian law.
Defamation is a broad term that encompasses both libel and slander. Generally libel is written and slander is verbal. But that's here in the US.

This derail is over, by the way. There are more important issues at hand.
2 users say thanks:

Old 11-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #120
Uncle Fester
Drank the last Dr. Pepper

My Mood:

Quote:
Having a good time Uncle?

no he used a tire iron this time.

Uncle Fester is offline   Reply With Quote