Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Mainland: Second Life® > News and Information > Kirstens Viewer

S21(6) + News :)
Old 03-31-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
Kirstens Viewer's Bot
Banned

Default S21(6) + News :)

The Release version of S21 will be shipping over the next day or so for all platforms, windows first quickly followed by others.

Several fixes make the final cut, plus one other small addition. An issue with the Linden Skin has been fixed, build floater and other floaters now tab through correctly, and an instant crash in the reporter window has been fixed. As is expected all the current merging has been added from mesh beta and viewer development.

For music fans a feature has been pulled from the Fmod system to add virtual surround ( or speaker fill ) for audio streams. This gives inworld music a much richer and fatter sound :)

Additional memory management code has been added be aware that the client WILL use ram if it finds it! Hence the limit of 2GB system memory on the installer remains.

And now to other news, as you may or may not be aware I will be moving the development system onto AMD hardware, this of course will make AMD users very very happy indeed. But the idea is if it works for AMD it will be fine for Intel too. Then when I make changes to SSE or other CPU hardware enhancements it will be more universally compatible.

Anyway Hit the Tip Jar inworld or the beer money button, keep the development train rolling YAY!

Best Wishes, Much Love KL.

More...
Kirstens Viewer's Bot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Ghosty
Elora's Llama

My Mood:

Ghosty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2

I heard my but may jiggle soon on KL's?
Morgaine Alter is offline   Reply With Quote
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 04-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
Imnotgoing Sideways
-

Rez Date: Nov 03, 2007
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Imnotgoing Sideways Send a message via Skype™ to Imnotgoing Sideways
Awards Showcase
Cuter Than Thou 5k trainwreck 

I think that's in (7). (^_^)

Though... I been running (6) and really... Kirsten found the "Make things not suck" switch. =^-^=

For one... Shadows. I can actually run full time in Shadows in all except for a couple of my laggy mainland hangouts. (^_^)

Snapshots!!! I've been crashing on snapshots since 1.23. It's been a nightmare. It also ruins shutdown since that involves a snapshot as well... I found myself re-configuring my client almost daily because it lost settings last time around due to crashing while taking that "shutdown snapshot". (=_=)

OH! And hi-rez snapshots... Those used to crash me 100% of the time. Last night, I took 4!!! XD

Kirsten! You made SL not suck! Keep going! =^-^=
Imnotgoing Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':

Old 04-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

KL and Dawny rock!

“A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” ― Coco Chanel
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." ― Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 04-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
Govi
Ça va chier.

Rez Date: Mar 06, 2004
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

If you want to try Kirsten's experimental version that includes a feature that I think may go big time soon--jiggling bosom, tummy, and derriere with more sliders than I can think how to use--go ahead, it won't kill you. It replaces your current Kirsten version and it does have bugs: multiple layered clothing is back to single, I crash if I move the camera around too quickly, the default jiggle (which is a clothing item, not a viewer feature as in Phoenix, etc.) is way too much jiggle, and only others on Kirstens' experimental version can see the jiggling that you design.

When it goes Big Time, this new "physics" clothing promises at least three things. One: it means that if you don't want to jiggle, no one can make you (except the Phoenix viewer users, of course). Two: you can tailor the physics "garment" to your heart's desire, which means you can make it simulate the effect of various garments or lack thereof. Three: physics garments will probably be sold with shapes, to minimize mind boggling mistakes made by persons first experimenting with a total of around 30 different sliders associated with the physics garment.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #7
Morgaine Alter
bigfoot killer

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govi View Post
If you want to try Kirsten's experimental version that includes a feature that I think may go big time soon--jiggling bosom, tummy, and derriere with more sliders than I can think how to use--go ahead, it won't kill you. It replaces your current Kirsten version and it does have bugs: multiple layered clothing is back to single, I crash if I move the camera around too quickly, the default jiggle (which is a clothing item, not a viewer feature as in Phoenix, etc.) is way too much jiggle, and only others on Kirstens' experimental version can see the jiggling that you design.

When it goes Big Time, this new "physics" clothing promises at least three things. One: it means that if you don't want to jiggle, no one can make you (except the Phoenix viewer users, of course). Two: you can tailor the physics "garment" to your heart's desire, which means you can make it simulate the effect of various garments or lack thereof. Three: physics garments will probably be sold with shapes, to minimize mind boggling mistakes made by persons first experimenting with a total of around 30 different sliders associated with the physics garment.
hmm are you talking about mesh clothing?
or just reg clothing?
I think it will be awesome and one of the best things to hit the grid and he should be commended for it.
Funny KL never caused such a stir about anything and its about time he gets the recognition from as many as the emerald/phoenix users.
Currently I admit I use Phoenix from laziness and I like the old layout style of the viewer. I do need to make a switch permanently.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
Govi
Ça va chier.

Rez Date: Mar 06, 2004
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

I'm talking about it as mesh clothing, or rather Kirsten is. To use it, after installing Kirstens experimental version, create in your clothing folder a new folder named "Avatar Physics"--to be orderly, of course!--and then choose to create a clothing item in the new folder, choose "physics". Then wear the physics clothing, and edit it. You are confronted with an appalling number of sliders whose names often betoken nothing to the owner of a meat body: what the heck is "gain" with respect to a bosom, belly, or bottom, for example?
Govi is offline   Reply With Quote
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':
The following user says thanks: