Banner by Sarah Nerd and GE

Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Mainland: Second Life® > General Discussion > Resident Questions and Answers

Old 11-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #4961
Lexxi

Lost World is a really neat sim

Lexxi is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users are now drooling and mumbling about pie:
3 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 11-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #4962
Weston Graves
Werebeagle

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 1

Well it seems I am now a published author (of sorts). I have just had a couple of short-short stories (if you can call them that) published, stories I wrote years ago with artist Alan Clark. No, I am not he. I'm an old acquaintance. Many of the stories are collaborations with people (like me) he has traveled with -- kind of like round robin stories, only weirder.

They are *really* bizarre, surreal, hard to follow, make no sense whatsoever, and summon up some pretty disgusting images -- but Alan brings that out in a person. I can't recommend it to anyone on the basis of my little contributions, but Alan has shaped up into a fine horror writer in the more traditional stories in the book.

Something else good may be afoot for me! I can barely contain my excitement but, like Josh, I don't want to jinx it by telling.

Anyway - just wanted to toot my horn a little. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and for the US folks a great holiday too.

Carry on.
3 users have offered hugs:

Old 11-29-2010, 05:12 AM   #4963
Marianne McCann
Féted Inner Child

Rez Date: Feb 22, 2006
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Marianne McCann Send a message via Skype™ to Marianne McCann
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weston Graves View Post
How'm I supposed to get any bones after that meal? Tell me those were napkin holders.
Ya, was purely decorative. Plenty of bones in th' real bird. :-)

An happy thanksgiving weekend! With turkey day behind us, you know what happens in SL?

Snow -- everywhere, snow.

For one, while the climate remains pretty temperate in Bay City, a skating rink has sprung up in the fairgrounds, for those who enjoy seasonal fun:

Livingtree, however, is much more northerly, and got hit with that thanksgiving snowfall affecting so many other regions right now:

While I was out watching it come down with my Brother Pygar and Aunt Robin, Ty also happened by:

As f'r me, I say... let it snow!

Hope everybuggy has a super week ahead!

"There's nothing objectionable nor illegal in having a child-like avatar in itself and we must assume innocence until proof of the contrary." - Lewis PR Linden
"If you find children offensive, you're gonna have trouble in this world " - Prospero Linden
Marianne McCann is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users are now drooling and mumbling about pie:
2 users have offered hugs:

Old 11-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #4964
Weston Graves
Werebeagle

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne McCann View Post

While I was out watching it come down with my Brother Pygar and Aunt Robin, Ty also happened by:

Great angle on this photo! You always go the extra mile.
Weston Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says thanks:
5 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 11-29-2010, 11:40 PM   #4965
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Dakota Tebaldi

Gonna borrow a page from Lexxi and show off some new clothes I bought this weekend:

The shirt and tank are from -SG-; I got a couple different color sets because they're pretty awesome. New jeans are from Alphamale, and came with the neat sculpted belt. And the sneaks are from Taboo. It's all grownup stuff; just resized it for me.

Finished room 2 of my build this weekend - I know it looks a little plain, but it's supposed to be utilitarian:

Builder
Virtual Urchin
Proud Owner of Post #5000
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #4966
Lexxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Tebaldi View Post
Gonna borrow a page from Lexxi and show off some new clothes I bought this weekend:

The shirt and tank are from -SG-; I got a couple different color sets because they're pretty awesome. New jeans are from Alphamale, and came with the neat sculpted belt. And the sneaks are from Taboo. It's all grownup stuff; just resized it for me.

Finished room 2 of my build this weekend - I know it looks a little plain, but it's supposed to be utilitarian:
Nice clothing, neat build.
3 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 11-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #4967
Lexxi

Well, it is all over. My last day of work. Laid off. Forced out. They dangled a job on another project but it didn't get funding. And I haven't had a single nibble to any of my many applications. mmphs.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:03 AM   #4968
Weston Graves
Werebeagle

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
New jeans are from Alphamale, and came with the neat sculpted belt. And the sneaks are from Taboo. It's all grownup stuff; just resized it for me.
I wish more pants came with belts and come all the way up to meet the shirt like that. I've made a couple of prim belts (for my human moments), but they don't fit that well no matter what I do to them. Seems to me more of them should be drawn on with the pants, but few are.
Weston Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?
The following user offers hugs:

Old 12-01-2010, 02:15 AM   #4969
Kaimi Kyomoon
Kah-EE-mee

My Mood:

Quote:
Well it seems I am now a published author (of sorts). I have just had a couple of short-short stories (if you can call them that) published, stories I wrote years ago with artist Alan Clark. No, I am not he. I'm an old acquaintance. Many of the stories are collaborations with people (like me) he has traveled with -- kind of like round robin stories, only weirder.

They are *really* bizarre, surreal, hard to follow, make no sense whatsoever, and summon up some pretty disgusting images -- but Alan brings that out in a person. I can't recommend it to anyone on the basis of my little contributions, but Alan has shaped up into a fine horror writer in the more traditional stories in the book.

Something else good may be afoot for me! I can barely contain my excitement but, like Josh, I don't want to jinx it by telling.

Anyway - just wanted to toot my horn a little. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and for the US folks a great holiday too.

Carry on.
Weston, you are so cool.
Kaimi Kyomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 12-01-2010, 02:17 AM   #4970
Kaimi Kyomoon
Kah-EE-mee

My Mood:

Quote:

Nice clothes, Cody. You look good. Nice build too.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #4971
Maureen Boccaccio
Wishful Thinker

Rez Date: Feb 23, 2008
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxi View Post
Lost World is a really neat sim

Gorgeous!!! Thanks, Lexxi.
Maureen Boccaccio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #4972
Maureen Boccaccio
Wishful Thinker

My Mood:

Quote:

Carry on.

Whoa!!! Congrats, Weston! That's pretty darn cool
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':

Old 12-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #4973
Maureen Boccaccio
Wishful Thinker

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne McCann View Post
Ya, was purely decorative. Plenty of bones in th' real bird. :-)

An happy thanksgiving weekend! With turkey day behind us, you know what happens in SL?

Snow -- everywhere, snow.

For one, while the climate remains pretty temperate in Bay City, a skating rink has sprung up in the fairgrounds, for those who enjoy seasonal fun:

Livingtree, however, is much more northerly, and got hit with that thanksgiving snowfall affecting so many other regions right now:

As f'r me, I say... let it snow!

Hope everybuggy has a super week ahead!

Oh, Mari...... These are wonderful pics!!! Really made my day to see them, and think about how much fun you were having. Thank you.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #4974
Maureen Boccaccio
Wishful Thinker

My Mood:

Quote:

Lookin' good, Cody. And I like the Conference Room.

It's hard finding jeans that are not low-rise, isn't it? Fortunately, I've found a few pairs, here and there.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #4975
Maureen Boccaccio
Wishful Thinker

My Mood:

Quote:
Well, it is all over. My last day of work. Laid off. Forced out. They dangled a job on another project but it didn't get funding. And I haven't had a single nibble to any of my many applications. mmphs.
Oh, no!

Lexxi, please let me know if I can help you. You know I work at a law school.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #4976
Maureen Boccaccio
Wishful Thinker

My Mood:

*waves to Kaimi*

It's so good to see you, lady!

Old 12-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #4977
Kaimi Kyomoon
Kah-EE-mee

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen Boccaccio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxi

Oh, no!

Lexxi, please let me know if I can help you. You know I work at a law school.
I wish I could help, Lexxi. You are certainly always in my prayers and have my very best wishes.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #4978
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

Quote:

It's hard finding jeans that are not low-rise, isn't it? Fortunately, I've found a few pairs, here and there.
Yeah it is. Those jeans came high- and low-rise both in the box; but low-rise ain't my thing. Not only is it hard to find high-rise jeans, it's hard to find just jeans. I had to dig through the Marketplace to like page 11 before I found some that weren't all ripped to rags or designed to show off your shorts. I don't mean just like ripped knees (that'd be okay); I mean ripped like they'd been clawed by a grizzly bear. And I almost bought this one pair that were very nicely textured with no rips, except I noticed at the very last minute that they were unbuttoned with an open fly. I'm sure that'd be okay for someone else, but I don't need all the ladies fainting whenever I show up.
2 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:

Old 12-02-2010, 05:23 AM   #4979
Marianne McCann
Féted Inner Child

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Marianne McCann Send a message via Skype™ to Marianne McCann
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
I wish more pants came with belts and come all the way up to meet the shirt like that.
Can't say much about belts, but I am biased: all of Robin Sojourner's jeans come all the way up to the shirtline.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:24 AM   #4980
Marianne McCann
Féted Inner Child

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Oh, Mari...... These are wonderful pics!!! Really made my day to see them, and think about how much fun you were having. Thank you.
Aww - thanks!

Here's a couple I took tonight, jes cuz...

Old 12-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #4981
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

And the next project is underway!

Old 12-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #4982
3Ring Binder

Rez Date: Feb 03, 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to 3Ring Binder Send a message via Skype™ to 3Ring Binder
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

i was here.

(and by the time you read this, i won't be anymore. just a little drive-by posting)
3Ring Binder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #4983
Lexxi

Old 12-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #4984
Rhonda Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ring Binder View Post
i was here.

(and by the time you read this, i won't be anymore. just a little drive-by posting)
Rhonda Huntress waves
Rhonda Huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users have offered hugs:

Old 12-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #4985
Marianne McCann
Féted Inner Child

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Hi all!

When, I've been spending so much time in my workshops building stuff lately that I'm beginning t'worry that I'm part elf or something! But it's th' holiday time an I gotta get my new toys out!

I've also been busy with decorating. For one, Livingtree is all iced and snowed over again, an ready for skatin' an stuff on the river.

An decorating at home is underway. Here's a closeup I kinda played with, of some cute trees I got at Artilleri:

And a piccie of the livingroom while i hung out with my sis.

Hope everybuggy has a great week ahead!
2 users say thanks:

Old 12-07-2010, 01:43 AM   #4986
Lexxi

kind of hard to look for work when computer died.

won't let me log on to computer.

gives me message:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a tatus of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #4987
Kaimi Kyomoon
Kah-EE-mee

My Mood:

Quote:
And the next project is underway!

Wow!

Old 12-08-2010, 05:13 PM   #4988
Marianne McCann
Féted Inner Child

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Hmn. Thread seems to be grinding to a halt. Anyone got the paddles?

Old 12-09-2010, 02:25 AM   #4989
Kaimi Kyomoon
Kah-EE-mee

My Mood:

This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:

Old 12-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #4990
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

Come on, we can get this thing going again.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #4991
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

All we have to do is try.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #4992
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

Because soon, we'll be at 5,000.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #4993
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

I bet I can get there on my own.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #4994
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

The countdown begins...

Old 12-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #4995
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

Only 5 more to go! Woot!

Old 12-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #4996
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

Coming around the back stretch into the turn....

Old 12-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #4997
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

He's almost made it....

Old 12-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #4998
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

Burke Field, this is six-eight-Juliet-Juliet, requesting clearance to land...

Old 12-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #4999
Lecktor Hannibal
Give A Damn Offline

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Lecktor Hannibal Send a message via Skype™ to Lecktor Hannibal
Awards Showcase
28th 

Denied.

Leck®

The only position that leaves me with no cognitive dissonance is atheism. It is not a creed. Death is certain, replacing both the siren-song of Paradise and the dread of Hell.

Life on this earth, with all its mystery and beauty and pain, is then to be lived far more intensely: we stumble and get up, we are sad, confident, insecure, feel loneliness and joy and love.

There is nothing more; but I want nothing more.

The Portable Atheist ~ Christopher Hitchens
Lecktor Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #5000
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:

TOUCHDOWN!!!!

4 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?: