Banner by Fmeh

Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Sandbox: Second Citizen > The Bunker > Thread Games

Old 06-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #41
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 
Total Awards: 2

Yup, there we go.
If we post more than once while the thread is open, we can start to balance it out.
Bang Rumpus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout View Post
SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR DEMON FISH OR I'LL DEVOUR YOUR SOUL FOR DESSERT!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
Kick's internet browser history must be quite...interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyVann View Post
And when Kick says "fuck no" you know it's FUCK NO!
Kick Frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #42
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Eventually we could have more posts than views!

And here's Prince:

Old 06-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #43
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 1

Lucifer Baphomet is offline   Reply With Quote
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':

Old 06-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #44
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

On Friday evening last I received from His Majesty the mission to form a new administration. It was the evident will of' Parliament and the nation that this should be conceived on the broadest possible basis and that it should include all parties.

I have already completed the most important part of this task.

A war cabinet has been formed of five members, representing, with the Labour, Opposition, and Liberals, the unity of the nation. It was necessary that this should be done in one single day on account of the extreme urgency and rigor of events. Other key positions were filled yesterday. I am submitting a further list to the king tonight. I hope to complete the appointment of principal ministers during tomorrow.

The appointment of other ministers usually takes a little longer. I trust when Parliament meets again this part of my task will be completed and that the administration will be complete in all respects. I considered it in the public interest to suggest to the Speaker that the House should be summoned today. At the end of today's proceedings, the adjournment of the House will be proposed until May 21 with provision for earlier meeting if need be. Business for that will be notified to MPs at the earliest opportunity.

I now invite the House by a resolution to record its approval of the steps taken and declare its confidence in the new government.

The resolution:

"That this House welcomes the formation of a government representing the united and inflexible resolve of the nation to prosecute the war with Germany to a victorious conclusion."

To form an administration of this scale and complexity is a serious undertaking in itself. But we are in the preliminary phase of one of the greatest battles in history. We are in action at many other points-in Norway and in Holland-and we have to be prepared in the Mediterranean. The air battle is continuing, and many preparations have to be made here at home.

In this crisis I think I may be pardoned if I do not address the House at any length today, and I hope that any of my friends and colleagues or former colleagues who are affected by the political reconstruction will make all allowances for any lack of ceremony with which it has been necessary to act.

I say to the House as I said to ministers who have joined this government, I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many months of struggle and suffering.

You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.

Let that be realized. No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal.

I take up my task in buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men. I feel entitled at this juncture, at this time, to claim the aid of all and to say, "Come then, let us go forward together with our united strength."

Old 06-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #45
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Last edited by Lucifer Baphomet; 06-08-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #46
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

But all of our present efforts are not enough. We must have more ships, more guns, more planes -- more of everything. And this can be accomplished only if we discard the notion of "business as usual." This job cannot be done merely by superimposing on the existing productive facilities the added requirements of the nation for defense. Our defense efforts must not be blocked by those who fear the future consequences of surplus plant capacity. The possible consequences of failure of our defense efforts now are much more to be feared. And after the present needs of our defense are past, a proper handling of the country's peacetime needs will require all of the new productive capacity, if not still more. No pessimistic policy about the future of America shall delay the immediate expansion of those industries essential to defense. We need them.

I want to make it clear that it is the purpose of the nation to build now with all possible speed every machine, every arsenal, every factory that we need to manufacture our defense material. We have the men, the skill, the wealth, and above all, the will. I am confident that if and when production of consumer or luxury goods in certain industries requires the use of machines and raw materials that are essential for defense purposes, then such production must yield, and will gladly yield, to our primary and compelling purpose.

So I appeal to the owners of plants, to the managers, to the workers, to our own government employees to put every ounce of effort into producing these munitions swiftly and without stint. With this appeal I give you the pledge that all of us who are officers of your government will devote ourselves to the same whole-hearted extent to the great task that lies ahead.

As planes and ships and guns and shells are produced, your government, with its defense experts, can then determine how best to use them to defend this hemisphere. The decision as to how much shall be sent abroad and how much shall remain at home must be made on the basis of our overall military necessities.

We must be the great arsenal of democracy.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #47
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Old 06-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #48
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Comrades! Citizens! Brothers and sisters! Men of our army and navy! I am addressing you, my friends!

The perfidious military attack on our Fatherland, begun on June 22nd by Hitler Germany, is continuing.

In spite of the heroic resistance of the Red Army, and although the enemy's finest divisions and finest airforce units have already been smashed and have met their doom on the field of battle, the enemy continues to push forward, hurling fresh forces into the attack.

Hitler's troops have succeeded in capturing Lithuania, a considerable part of Latvia, the western part of Byelo-Russia, part of Western Ukraine. The fascist airforce is extending the range of operations of its bombers, and is bombing Murmansk, Orsha, Mogilev, Smolensk, Kiev, Odessa and Sebastopol.

A grave danger hangs over our country.

How could it have happened that our glorious Red Army surrendered a number of our cities and districts to fascist armies? Is it really true that German fascist troops are invincible, as is ceaselessly trumpeted by the boastful fascist propagandists? Of course not!

History shows that there are no invincible armies and never have been. Napoleon's army was considered invincible but it was beaten successively by Russian, English and German armies. Kaiser Wilhelm's German Army in the period of the first imperialist war was also considered invincible, but it was beaten several times by the Russian and Anglo-French forces and was finally smashed by the Anglo-French forces.

The same must be said of Hitler's German fascist army today. This army had not yet met with serious resistance on the continent of Europe. Only on our territory has it met serious resistance. And if, as a result of this resistance, the finest divisions of Hitler's German fascist army have been defeated by our Red Army, it means that this army too can be smashed and will be smashed as were the armies of Napoleon and Wilhelm.

As to part of our territory having nevertheless been seized by Germany fascist troops, this is chiefly due to the fact that the war of fascist Germany on the USSR began under conditions favorable for the German forces and unfavorable for Soviet forces. The fact of the matter is that the troops of Germany, as a country at war, were already fully mobilized, and the 170 divisions hurled by Germany against the USSR and brought up to the Soviet frontiers, were in a state of complete readiness, only awaiting the signal to move into action, whereas Soviet troops had still to effect mobilization and move up to the frontier.

Of no little importance in this respect is the fact that fascist Germany suddenly and treacherously violated the Non-Aggression Pact she concluded in 1939 with the USSR, disregarding the fact that she would be regarded as the aggressor by the whole world.

Naturally, our peace-loving country, not wishing to take the initiative of breaking the pact, could not resort to perfidy.

It may be asked how could the Soviet Government have consented to conclude a Non-Aggression Pact with such treacherous fiends as Hitler and Ribbentrop? Was this not an error on the part of the Soviet Government? Of course not. Non-Aggression Pacts are pacts of peace between states. It was such a pact that Germany proposed to us in 1939.

Could the Soviet Government have declined such a proposal? I think that not a single peace-loving state could decline a peace treaty with a neighboring state, even though the latter was headed by such fiends and cannibals as Hitler and Ribbentrop. Of course only on one indispensable condition, namely, that this peace treaty does not infringe either directly or indirectly on the territorial integrity, independence and honor of the peace-loving state. As is well known, the Non-Aggression Pact between Germany and the USSR is precisely such a pact.

What did we gain by concluding the Non-Aggression Pact with Germany? We secured our country peace for a year and a half, and the opportunity of preparing its forces to repulse fascist Germany should she risk an attack on our country despite the Pact This was a definite advantage for us and a disadvantage for fascist Germany.

What has fascist Germany gained and what has she lost by treacherously tearing up the pact and attacking the USSR?

She has gained a certain advantageous position for her troops for a short period, but she has lost politically by exposing herself in the eyes of the entire world as a blood-thirsty aggressor.

There can be no doubt that this short-lived military gain for Germany is only an episode, while the tremendous political gain of the USSR is a serious lasting factor that is bound to form the basis for development of decisive military successes of the Red Army in the war with fascist Germany.

That is why our whole valiant Red Army, our whole valiant Navy, all our falcons of the air, all the peoples of our country, all the finest men and women of Europe, America and Asia, finally all the finest men and women of Germany--condemn the treacherous acts of German fascists and sympathize with the Soviet Government, approve the conduct of the Soviet Government, and see that ours is a just cause, that the enemy will be defeated, that we are bound to win.

By virtue of this war which has been forced upon us, our country has come to death-grips with its most malicious and most perfidious enemy--German fascism. Our troops are fighting heroically against an enemy armed to the teeth with tanks and aircraft.

Overcoming innumerable difficulties, the Red Army and Red Navy are self-sacrificingly disputing every inch of Soviet soil. The main forces of the Red Army are coming into action armed with thousands of tanks and airplanes. The men of the Red Army are displaying unexampled valor. Our resistance to the enemy is growing in strength and power.

Side by side with the Red Army, the entire Soviet people are rising in defense of our native land.

What is required to put an end to the danger hovering over our country, and what measures must be taken to smash the enemy?

Above all, it is essential that our people, the Soviet people, should understand the full immensity of the danger that threatens our country and should abandon all complacency, all heedlessness, all those moods of peaceful constructive work which were so natural before the war, but which are fatal today when war has fundamentally changed everything.

The enemy is cruel and implacable. He is out to seize our lands, watered with our sweat, to seize our grain and oil secured by our labor. He is out to restore the rule of landlords, to restore Tsarism, to destroy national culture and the national state existence of the Russians, Ukrainians, Byelo-Russians, Lithuanians, Letts, Esthonians, Uzbeks, Tatars, Moldavians, Georgians, Armenians, Azerbaidzhanians and the other free people of the Soviet Union, to Germanize them, to convert them into the slaves of German princes and barons.

Thus the issue is one of life or death for the Soviet State, for the peoples of the USSR; the issue is whether the peoples of the Soviet Union shall remain free or fall into slavery.

The Soviet people must realize this and abandon all heedlessness, they must mobilize themselves and reorganize all their work on new, wartime bases, when there can be no mercy to the enemy.

Further, there must be no room in our ranks for whimperers and cowards, for panic-mongers and deserters. Our people must know no fear in fight and must selflessly join our patriotic war of liberation, our war against the fascist enslavers.

Lenin, the great founder of our State, used to say that the chief virtue of the Bolshevik must be courage, valor, fearlessness in struggle, readiness to fight, together with the people, against the enemies of our country.

This splendid virtue of the Bolshevik must become the virtue of the millions of the Red Army, of the Red Navy, of all peoples of the Soviet Union.

All our work must be immediately reconstructed on a war footing, everything must be subordinated to the interests of the front and the task of organizing the demolition of the enemy.

The people of the Soviet Union now see that there is no taming of German fascism in its savage fury and hatred of our country which has ensured all working people labor in freedom and prosperity.

The peoples of the Soviet Union must rise against the enemy and defend their rights and their land. The Red Army, Red Navy and all citizens of the Soviet Union must defend every inch of Soviet soil, must fight to the last drop of blood for our towns and villages, must display the daring initiative and intelligence that are inherent in our people.

We must organize all-round assistance for the Red Army, ensure powerful reinforcements for its ranks and the supply of everything it requires, we must organize the rapid transport of troops and military freight and extensive aid to the wounded.

We must strengthen the Red Army's rear, subordinating all our work to this cause. All our industries must be got to work with greater intensity to produce more rifles, machine-guns, artillery, bullets, shells, airplanes; we must organize the guarding of factories, power-stations, telephonic and telegraphic communications and arrange effective air raid precautions in all localities.

We must wage a ruthless fight against all disorganizers of the rear, deserters, panic-mongers, rumor-mongers; we must exterminate spies, diversionists and enemy parachutists, rendering rapid aid in all this to our destroyer battalions.

We must bear in mind that the enemy is crafty, unscrupulous, experienced in deception and the dissemination of false rumors We must reckon with all this and not fall victim to provocation.

All who by their panic-mongering and cowardice hinder the work of defence, no matter who they are, must be immediately haled before the military tribunal. In case of forced retreat of Red Army units, all rolling stock must be evacuated, the enemy must not be left a single engine, a single railway car, not a single pound of grain or a gallon of fuel.

The collective farmers must drive off all their cattle, and turn over their grain to the safe-keeping of State authorities for transportation to the rear. All valuable property, including non-ferrous metals, grain and fuel which cannot be withdrawn, must without fail be destroyed.

In areas occupied by the enemy, guerrilla units, mounted and on foot, must be formed, diversionist groups must be organized to combat the enemy troops, to foment guerrilla warfare everywhere, to blow up bridges and roads, damage telephone and telegraph lines, set fire to forests, stores, transports.

In the occupied regions conditions must be made unbearable for the enemy and all his accomplices. They must be hounded and annihilated at every step, and all their measures frustrated.

This war with fascist Germany cannot be considered an ordinary war. It is not only a war between two armies, it is also a great war of the entire Soviet people against the German fascist forces.

The aim of this national war in defense of our country against the fascist oppressors is not only elimination of the danger hanging over our country, but also aid to all European peoples groaning under the yoke of German fascism.

In this war of liberation we shall not be alone. In this great war we shall have loyal allies in the peoples of Europe and America, including the German people who are enslaved by the Hitlerite despots.

Our war for the freedom of our country will merge with the struggle of the peoples of Europe and America for their independence, for democratic liberties.

It will be a united front of peoples standing for freedom and against enslavement and threats of enslavement by Hitler's fascist armies.

In this connection the historic utterance of the British Prime Minister Churchill regarding aid to the Soviet Union and the declaration of the United States Government signifying its readiness to render aid to our country, which can only evoke a feeling of gratitude in the hearts of the peoples of the Soviet Union, are fully comprehensible and symptomatic.

Comrades, our forces are numberless. The overweening enemy will soon learn this to his cost. Side by side with the Red Army many thousands of workers, collective farmers, intellectuals are rising to fight the enemy aggressor. The masses of our people will rise up in their millions.

The working people of Moscow and Leningrad have already commenced to form vast popular levies in support of the Red Army. Such popular levies must be raised in every city which is in danger of enemy invasion, all working people must be roused to defend our freedom, our honor, our country--in our patriotic war against German Fascism.

In order to ensure the rapid mobilization of all forces of the peoples of the U.S.S.R. and to repulse the enemy who treacherously attacked our country, a State Committee of Defense has been formed in whose hands the entire power of the State has been vested.

The State Committee of Defense has entered upon its functions and calls upon all people to rally around the Party of Lenin-Stalin and around the Soviet Government, so as to self-denyingly support the Red Army and Navy, demolish the enemy and secure victory.

All our forces for support of our heroic Red Army and our glorious Red Navy! All forces of the people--for the demolition of the enemy!

Forward, to our victory!

Old 06-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #49
23rdDjin
trust... it's everything

Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 3

Cumredes! Ceetizens! Bruzeers und seesters! Mee ooff oooor ermy und nefy! I em eddresseeng yuoo, my freeends!

Zee perffeediuoos meelitery etteck oon oooor Fezeerlund, begoon oon Joone-a 22nd by Heetler Germuny, is cunteenooing.

In speete-a ooff zee herueec reseestunce-a ooff zee Red Ermy, und elthuoogh zee inemy's feenest deefisiuns und feenest eurffurce-a uneets hefe-a elreedy beee smeshed und hefe-a met zeeur duum oon zee feeeld ooff bettle-a, zee inemy cunteenooes tu poosh furverd, hoorleeng fresh furces intu zee etteck.

Heetler's truups hefe-a soocceeded in ceptooreeng Leethoounia, a cunseedereble-a pert ooff Letfeea, zee vestern pert ooff Byelu-Roosseea, pert ooff Vestern Ukreeene-a. Zee fesceest eurffurce-a is ixtendeeng zee runge-a ooff oopereshuns ooff its bumbers, und is bumbeeng Moormunsk, Oorsha, Mugeelef, Smulensk, Keeef, Oodessa und Sebestupul.

A grefe-a dunger hungs oofer oooor cuoontry. Bork bork bork!

Hoo cuoold it hefe-a heppened thet oooor glureeuoos Red Ermy soorrendered a noomber ooff oooor ceeties und deestricts tu fesceest ermeees? Is it reelly trooe-a thet Germun fesceest truups ere-a infeencible-a, es is ceeselessly troompeted by zee buestffool fesceest prupegundeests? Ooff cuoorse-a nut!

Heestury shoos thet zeere-a ere-a nu infeencible-a ermeees und nefer hefe-a beee. Nepuleun's ermy ves cunseedered infeencible-a boot it ves beetee sooccesseefely by Roosseeun, Ingleesh und Germun ermeees. Um gesh dee bork, bork! Keeeser Veelhelm's Germun Ermy in zee pereeud ooff zee furst impereeelist ver ves elsu cunseedered infeencible-a, boot it ves beetee seferel teemes by zee Roosseeun und Unglu-French furces und ves feenelly smeshed by zee Unglu-French furces. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

Zee seme-a moost be-a seeed ooff Heetler's Germun fesceest ermy tudey. Bork bork bork! Thees ermy hed nut yet met veet sereeuoos reseestunce-a oon zee cunteenent ooff Ioorupe-a. Oonly oon oooor terreetury hes it met sereeuoos reseestunce-a. Und iff, es a resoolt ooff thees reseestunce-a, zee feenest deefisiuns ooff Heetler's Germun fesceest ermy hefe-a beee deffeeted by oooor Red Ermy, it meuns thet thees ermy tuu cun be-a smeshed und veell be-a smeshed es vere-a zee ermeees ooff Nepuleun und Veelhelm.

Es tu pert ooff oooor terreetury hefeeng neferzeeless beee seeezed by Germuny fesceest truups, thees is cheeeffly dooe-a tu zee fect thet zee ver ooff fesceest Germuny oon zee USSR begun under cundeeshuns fefureble-a fur zee Germun furces und unffefureble-a fur Sufeeet furces. Um gesh dee bork, bork! Zee fect ooff zee metter is thet zee truups ooff Germuny, es a cuoontry et ver, vere-a elreedy foolly mubeelized, und zee 170 deefisiuns hoorled by Germuny egeeenst zee USSR und bruooght up tu zee Sufeeet frunteeers, vere-a in a stete-a ooff cumplete-a reedeeness, oonly eveeeting zee seegnel tu mufe-a intu ecshun, vherees Sufeeet truups hed steell tu iffffect mubeelizeshun und mufe-a up tu zee frunteeer. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!

Ooff nu leettle-a impurtunce-a in thees respect is zee fect thet fesceest Germuny sooddenly und treecheruoosly feeuleted zee Nun-Eggresseeun Pect she-a cunclooded in 1939 veet zee USSR, deesregerding zee fect thet she-a vuoold be-a regerded es zee eggressur by zee vhule-a vurld. Bork bork bork!

Netoorelly, oooor peece-a-lufeeng cuoontry, nut veeshing tu teke-a zee ineetietife-a ooff breekeeng zee pect, cuoold nut resurt tu perffeedy. Bork bork bork!

It mey be-a esked hoo cuoold zee Sufeeet Gufernment hefe-a cunsented tu cuncloode-a a Nun-Eggresseeun Pect veet sooch treecheruoos feeends es Heetler und Reebbentrup? Ves thees nut un irrur oon zee pert ooff zee Sufeeet Gufernment? Ooff cuoorse-a nut. Um de hur de hur de hur. Nun-Eggresseeun Pects ere-a pects ooff peece-a betveee stetes. Um gesh dee bork, bork! It ves sooch a pect thet Germuny prupused tu us in 1939.

Cuoold zee Sufeeet Gufernment hefe-a decleened sooch a prupusel? I theenk thet nut a seengle-a peece-a-lufeeng stete-a cuoold decleene-a a peece-a treety veet a neeeghburing stete-a, ifee thuoogh zee letter ves heeded by sooch feeends und cunneebels es Heetler und Reebbentrup. Ooff cuoorse-a oonly oon oone-a indeespenseble-a cundeeshun, nemely, thet thees peece-a treety dues nut inffreenge-a ieezeer durectly oor indurectly oon zee terreeturiel integreety, independence-a und hunur ooff zee peece-a-lufeeng stete-a. Es is vell knoon, zee Nun-Eggresseeun Pect betveee Germuny und zee USSR is preceesely sooch a pect. Um de hur de hur de hur.

Vhet deed ve-a geeen by cuncloodeeng zee Nun-Eggresseeun Pect veet Germuny? Ve-a secoored oooor cuoontry peece-a fur a yeer und a helff, und zee ooppurtooneety ooff prepereeng its furces tu repoolse-a fesceest Germuny shuoold she-a reesk un etteck oon oooor cuoontry despeete-a zee Pect Thees ves a deffeenite-a edfuntege-a fur us und a deesedfuntege-a fur fesceest Germuny. Bork bork bork!

Vhet hes fesceest Germuny geeened und vhet hes she-a lust by treecheruoosly teereeng up zee pect und etteckeeng zee USSR?

She-a hes geeened a certeeen edfuntegeuoos puseeshun fur her truups fur a shurt pereeud, boot she-a hes lust puleeticelly by ixpuseeng herselff in zee iyes ooff zee inture-a vurld es a bluud-thursty eggressur. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!

Zeere-a cun be-a nu duoobt thet thees shurt-leefed meelitery geeen fur Germuny is oonly un ipeesude-a, vheele-a zee tremenduoos puleeticel geeen ooff zee USSR is a sereeuoos lesteeng fectur thet is buoond tu furm zee besees fur defelupment ooff deceesife-a meelitery sooccesses ooff zee Red Ermy in zee ver veet fesceest Germuny. Bork bork bork!

Thet is vhy oooor vhule-a feleeunt Red Ermy, oooor vhule-a feleeunt Nefy, ell oooor felcuns ooff zee eur, ell zee peuples ooff oooor cuoontry, ell zee feenest mee und vumee ooff Ioorupe-a, Emereeca und Eseea, feenelly ell zee feenest mee und vumee ooff Germuny--cundemn zee treecheruoos ects ooff Germun fesceests und sympetheeze-a veet zee Sufeeet Gufernment, epprufe-a zee cundooct ooff zee Sufeeet Gufernment, und see-a thet oooors is a joost coose-a, thet zee inemy veell be-a deffeeted, thet ve-a ere-a buoond tu veen. Bork bork bork!

By furtooe-a ooff thees ver vheech hes beee furced upun us, oooor cuoontry hes cume-a tu deet-greeps veet its must meleeciuoos und must perffeediuoos inemy--Germun fesceesm. Oooor truups ere-a feeghting herueecelly egeeenst un inemy ermed tu zee teet veet tunks und eurcrefft. Um de hur de hur de hur.

Oofercumeeng innoomereble-a deefffficoolties, zee Red Ermy und Red Nefy ere-a selff-secreefficingly deespooting ifery inch ooff Sufeeet sueel. Zee meeen furces ooff zee Red Ermy ere-a cumeeng intu ecshun ermed veet thuoosunds ooff tunks und eurplunes. Um gesh dee bork, bork! Zee mee ooff zee Red Ermy ere-a deespleying unexempled felur. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! Oooor reseestunce-a tu zee inemy is grooeeng in strengt und pooer. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!

Seede-a by seede-a veet zee Red Ermy, zee inture-a Sufeeet peuple-a ere-a reesing in deffense-a ooff oooor neteefe-a lund. Bork bork bork!

Vhet is reqooured tu poot un ind tu zee dunger hufereeng oofer oooor cuoontry, und vhet meesoores moost be-a tekee tu smesh zee inemy?

Ebufe-a ell, it is issenteeel thet oooor peuple-a, zee Sufeeet peuple-a, shuoold understund zee fooll immenseety ooff zee dunger thet threetens oooor cuoontry und shuoold ebundun ell cumplecency, ell heedlessness, ell thuse-a muuds ooff peeceffool cunstroocteefe-a vurk vheech vere-a su netoorel beffure-a zee ver, boot vheech ere-a fetel tudey vhee ver hes foondementelly chunged iferytheeng.

Zee inemy is crooel und impleceble-a. He-a is oooot tu seeeze-a oooor lunds, vetered veet oooor sveet, tu seeeze-a oooor greeen und ooeel secoored by oooor lebur. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! He-a is oooot tu resture-a zee roole-a ooff lundlurds, tu resture-a Tsereesm, tu destruy neshunel cooltoore-a und zee neshunel stete-a ixeestence-a ooff zee Roosseeuns, Ukreeeniuns, Byelu-Roosseeuns, Leethoouniuns, Letts, Isthuneeuns, Uzbeks, Teters, Muldefeeuns, Geurgeeuns, Ermeneeuns, Ezerbeeedzhuniuns und zee oozeer free-a peuple-a ooff zee Sufeeet Uneeun, tu Germuneeze-a zeem, tu cunfert zeem intu zee slefes ooff Germun preences und beruns. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

Thoos zee issooe-a is oone-a ooff leeffe-a oor deet fur zee Sufeeet Stete-a, fur zee peuples ooff zee USSR; zee issooe-a is vhezeer zee peuples ooff zee Sufeeet Uneeun shell remeeen free-a oor fell intu slefery. Bork bork bork!

Zee Sufeeet peuple-a moost reeleeze-a thees und ebundun ell heedlessness, zeey moost mubeelize-a zeemselfes und reurguneeze-a ell zeeur vurk oon noo, verteeme-a beses, vhee zeere-a cun be-a nu mercy tu zee inemy. Bork bork bork!

Foorzeer, zeere-a moost be-a nu ruum in oooor runks fur vheemperers und cooerds, fur puneec-mungers und deserters. Um gesh dee bork, bork! Oooor peuple-a moost knoo nu feer in feeght und moost selfflessly jueen oooor petreeutic ver ooff leebereshun, oooor ver egeeenst zee fesceest inslefers. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

Leneen, zee greet fuoonder ooff oooor Stete-a, used tu sey thet zee cheeeff furtooe-a ooff zee Bulshefeek moost be-a cuoorege-a, felur, feerlessness in strooggle-a, reedeeness tu feeght, tugezeer veet zee peuple-a, egeeenst zee inemeees ooff oooor cuoontry. Bork bork bork!

Thees splendeed furtooe-a ooff zee Bulshefeek moost becume-a zee furtooe-a ooff zee meelliuns ooff zee Red Ermy, ooff zee Red Nefy, ooff ell peuples ooff zee Sufeeet Uneeun. Bork bork bork!

Ell oooor vurk moost be-a immedeeetely recunstroocted oon a ver fuuteeng, iferytheeng moost be-a sooburdeeneted tu zee interests ooff zee frunt und zee tesk ooff oorguneezing zee demuleeshun ooff zee inemy. Bork bork bork!

Zee peuple-a ooff zee Sufeeet Uneeun noo see-a thet zeere-a is nu temeeng ooff Germun fesceesm in its sefege-a foory und hetred ooff oooor cuoontry vheech hes insoored ell vurkeeng peuple-a lebur in freedum und pruspereety. Bork bork bork!

Zee peuples ooff zee Sufeeet Uneeun moost reese-a egeeenst zee inemy und deffend zeeur reeghts und zeeur lund. Bork bork bork! Zee Red Ermy, Red Nefy und ell ceetizens ooff zee Sufeeet Uneeun moost deffend ifery inch ooff Sufeeet sueel, moost feeght tu zee lest drup ooff bluud fur oooor toons und feelleges, moost deespley zee dereeng ineetietife-a und intelleegence-a thet ere-a inherent in oooor peuple-a.

Ve-a moost oorguneeze-a ell-ruoond esseestunce-a fur zee Red Ermy, insoore-a pooerffool reeenffurcements fur its runks und zee soopply ooff iferytheeng it reqooures, ve-a moost oorguneeze-a zee repeed trunspurt ooff truups und meelitery freeeght und ixtenseefe-a eeed tu zee vuoonded. Bork bork bork!

Ve-a moost strengzeen zee Red Ermy's reer, sooburdeeneting ell oooor vurk tu thees coose-a. Ell oooor indoostreees moost be-a gut tu vurk veet greeter intenseety tu prudooce-a mure-a reeffles, mecheene-a-goons, erteellery, boollets, shells, eurplunes; ve-a moost oorguneeze-a zee gooerdeeng ooff fectureees, pooer-steshuns, telephuneec und telegrepheec cummooneeceshuns und errunge-a iffffecteefe-a eur reeed precooshuns in ell luceleeties. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

Ve-a moost vege-a a roothless feeght egeeenst ell deesurgunizers ooff zee reer, deserters, puneec-mungers, roomur-mungers; ve-a moost ixtermeenete-a speees, deefersiunists und inemy perechooteests, rendereeng repeed eeed in ell thees tu oooor destruyer betteleeuns. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

Ve-a moost beer in meend thet zee inemy is creffty, unscroopooluoos, ixpereeenced in decepshun und zee deessemineshun ooff felse-a roomurs Ve-a moost reckun veet ell thees und nut fell feectim tu prufuceshun.

Ell vhu by zeeur puneec-mungereeng und cooerdeece-a heender zee vurk ooff deffence-a, nu metter vhu zeey ere-a, moost be-a immedeeetely heled beffure-a zee meelitery treeboonel. In cese-a ooff furced retreet ooff Red Ermy uneets, ell rulleeng stuck moost be-a ifecooeted, zee inemy moost nut be-a lefft a seengle-a ingeene-a, a seengle-a reeelvey cer, nut a seengle-a puoond ooff greeen oor a gellun ooff fooel.

Zee cullecteefe-a fermers moost dreefe-a ooffff ell zeeur cettle-a, und toorn oofer zeeur greeen tu zee seffe-a-keepeeng ooff Stete-a oothureeties fur trunspurteshun tu zee reer. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! Ell felooeble-a pruperty, incloodeeng nun-ferruoos metels, greeen und fooel vheech cunnut be-a veethdrevn, moost veethuoot feeel be-a destruyed. Bork bork bork!

In erees ooccoopeeed by zee inemy, gooerreella uneets, muoonted und oon fuut, moost be-a furmed, deefersiunist gruoops moost be-a oorguneezed tu cumbet zee inemy truups, tu fument gooerreella verffere-a iferyvhere-a, tu bloo up breedges und rueds, demege-a telephune-a und telegreph leenes, set fure-a tu furests, stures, trunspurts. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

In zee ooccoopeeed regeeuns cundeeshuns moost be-a mede-a unbeereble-a fur zee inemy und ell hees eccumpleeces. Um gesh dee bork, bork! Zeey moost be-a huoonded und unneehileted et ifery step, und ell zeeur meesoores froostreted. Bork bork bork!

Thees ver veet fesceest Germuny cunnut be-a cunseedered un oordeenery ver. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! It is nut oonly a ver betveee tvu ermeees, it is elsu a greet ver ooff zee inture-a Sufeeet peuple-a egeeenst zee Germun fesceest furces. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

Zee eeem ooff thees neshunel ver in deffense-a ooff oooor cuoontry egeeenst zee fesceest ooppressurs is nut oonly ileemineshun ooff zee dunger hungeeng oofer oooor cuoontry, boot elsu eeed tu ell Ioorupeun peuples gruuneeng under zee yuke-a ooff Germun fesceesm.

In thees ver ooff leebereshun ve-a shell nut be-a elune-a. In thees greet ver ve-a shell hefe-a luyel elleees in zee peuples ooff Ioorupe-a und Emereeca, incloodeeng zee Germun peuple-a vhu ere-a inslefed by zee Heetlerite-a desputs. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

Oooor ver fur zee freedum ooff oooor cuoontry veell merge-a veet zee strooggle-a ooff zee peuples ooff Ioorupe-a und Emereeca fur zeeur independence-a, fur demucreteec leeberties. Um gesh dee bork, bork!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lias
I believe your battle-stance attitude to posting on a free forum is part of your forum issues... After awhile you have to figure that it's not all of the forum owners and poster's that make up the problems you devise for yourself... Floating from forum to forum complaining, insulting the owner, demanding and proclaiming them failures is a very telling pattern of behavior.
23rdDjin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #50
23rdDjin
trust... it's everything

Awards Showcase

It veell be-a a uneeted frunt ooff peuples stundeeng fur freedum und egeeenst inslefement und threets ooff inslefement by Heetler's fesceest ermeees. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

In thees cunnecshun zee heesturic utterunce-a ooff zee Breetish Preeme-a Meenister Choorcheell regerdeeng eeed tu zee Sufeeet Uneeun und zee declereshun ooff zee Uneeted Stetes Gufernment seegniffying its reedeeness tu render eeed tu oooor cuoontry, vheech cun oonly ifuke-a a feeleeng ooff greteetoode-a in zee heerts ooff zee peuples ooff zee Sufeeet Uneeun, ere-a foolly cumprehenseeble-a und symptumeteec.

Cumredes, oooor furces ere-a noomberless. Um gesh dee bork, bork! Zee ooferveeneeng inemy veell suun leern thees tu hees cust. Um de hur de hur de hur. Seede-a by seede-a veet zee Red Ermy muny thuoosunds ooff vurkers, cullecteefe-a fermers, intellectooels ere-a reesing tu feeght zee inemy eggressur. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! Zee messes ooff oooor peuple-a veell reese-a up in zeeur meelliuns. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

Zee vurkeeng peuple-a ooff Muscoo und Leneengred hefe-a elreedy cummenced tu furm fest pupooler lefeees in sooppurt ooff zee Red Ermy. Bork bork bork! Sooch pupooler lefeees moost be-a reeesed in ifery ceety vheech is in dunger ooff inemy infeseeun, ell vurkeeng peuple-a moost be-a ruoosed tu deffend oooor freedum, oooor hunur, oooor cuoontry--in oooor petreeutic ver egeeenst Germun Fesceesm.

In oorder tu insoore-a zee repeed mubeelizeshun ooff ell furces ooff zee peuples ooff zee U.S.S.R. und tu repoolse-a zee inemy vhu treecheruoosly ettecked oooor cuoontry, a Stete-a Cummeettee-a ooff Deffense-a hes beee furmed in vhuse-a hunds zee inture-a pooer ooff zee Stete-a hes beee fested. Bork bork bork!

Zee Stete-a Cummeettee-a ooff Deffense-a hes intered upun its fooncshuns und cells upun ell peuple-a tu relly eruoond zee Perty ooff Leneen-Steleen und eruoond zee Sufeeet Gufernment, su es tu selff-denyeengly sooppurt zee Red Ermy und Nefy, demuleesh zee inemy und secoore-a feectury. Bork bork bork!

Ell oooor furces fur sooppurt ooff oooor herueec Red Ermy und oooor glureeuoos Red Nefy! Ell furces ooff zee peuple-a--fur zee demuleeshun ooff zee inemy!

Furverd, tu oooor feectury!

(Borking is more characters!!!)

Old 06-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #51
Oryx Tempel

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

God, can you imagine the fear of being invaded by Hitler that all of the European Allies must have felt? Knowing that your very way of life was threatened? :shudder:

Old 06-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #52
Love

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Love is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users are now drooling and mumbling about pie:
The following user offers hugs:

Old 06-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #53
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

I has to cut Roosevelt short... his speech was way to long, but I posted the best bit.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #54
23rdDjin
trust... it's everything

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer Baphomet View Post
I has to cut Roosevelt short... his speech was way to long, but I posted the best bit.
i prefer Coolidge short, myself...

Old 06-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #55
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Here's more FDR to make up for it

Yesterday, Dec. 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.

The United States was at peace with that nation and, at the solicitation of Japan, was still in conversation with the government and its emperor looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Pacific.

Indeed, one hour after Japanese air squadrons had commenced bombing in Oahu, the Japanese ambassador to the United States and his colleagues delivered to the Secretary of State a formal reply to a recent American message. While this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue the existing diplomatic negotiations, it contained no threat or hint of war or armed attack.

It will be recorded that the distance of Hawaii from Japan makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time, the Japanese government has deliberately sought to deceive the United States by false statements and expressions of hope for continued peace.

The attack yesterday on the Hawaiian islands has caused severe damage to American naval and military forces. Very many American lives have been lost. In addition, American ships have been reported torpedoed on the high seas between San Francisco and Honolulu.

Yesterday, the Japanese government also launched an attack against Malaya.

Last night, Japanese forces attacked Hong Kong.

Last night, Japanese forces attacked Guam.

Last night, Japanese forces attacked the Philippine Islands.

Last night, the Japanese attacked Wake Island.

This morning, the Japanese attacked Midway Island.

Japan has, therefore, undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Pacific area. The facts of yesterday speak for themselves. The people of the United States have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the very life and safety of our nation.

As commander in chief of the Army and Navy, I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense.

Always will we remember the character of the onslaught against us.

No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.

I believe I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost, but will make very certain that this form of treachery shall never endanger us again.

Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory and our interests are in grave danger.

With confidence in our armed forces - with the unbounding determination of our people - we will gain the inevitable triumph - so help us God.

I ask that the Congress declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by Japan on Sunday, Dec. 7, a state of war has existed between the United States and the Japanese empire.
2 users are now drooling and mumbling about pie:

Old 06-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #56
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Old 06-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #57
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

I am speaking to you from the Cabinet Room at 10, Downing Street. This morning the British Ambassador in Berlin handed the German Government a final Note stating that unless we heard from them by 11 0'clock that they were prepared at once to withdraw their troops from Poland a state of war would exist between us. I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this country is at war with Germany. You can imagine what a bitter blow it is to me that all my long struggle to win peace has failed. Yet I cannot believe that there is anything more or anything different that I could have done and that would have been more successful. Up to the very last it would have been quite possible to have arranged a peaceful and honourable settlement between Germany and Poland. But Hitler would not have it. He had evidently made up his mind to attack Poland whatever happened, and although he now says he put forward reasonable proposals which were rejected by the Poles, that is not a true statement. The proposals were never shown to the Poles, nor to us, and, though they were announced in a German broadcast on Thursday night, Hitler did not wait to hear comments on them, but ordered his troops to cross the Polish frontier the next morning. His action shows convincingly that there is no chance of expecting that this man will ever give up his practice of using force to gain his will. He can only be stopped by force. We and France are to-day, in fulfillment of our obligations, going to the aid of Poland, who is so bravely resisting this wicked and unprovoked attack upon her people. We have a clear conscience. We have done all that any country could do to establish peace, but a situation in which no word given by Germany's ruler could be trusted and no people or country could feel themselves safe had become intolerable. And now that we have resolved to finish it, I know that you will all play your part with calmness and courage.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #58
23rdDjin
trust... it's everything

Awards Showcase

he just might be a redneck...

ah's speakin' t'yo' fum th' Cabinet Room at 10, Downin' Street. This hyar mo'nin' th' British Ambassado' in Berlin han'ed th' German Govment a final Note statin' thet unless we heard fum them by 11 0'clock thet they were prepared at once t'wifdraw their troops fum Polan' a state of war'd exist between us. ah have t'tell yo' now thet no sech unnertakin' has been received, an' thet cornsequently this hyar country is at war wif Germenny. Yo' kin imagine whut a bitter blow it is t'me thet all mah long struggle t'win peace has failed, cuss it all t' tarnation. Yet ah cannot believe thet thar is ennythin' mo'e o' ennythin' diffrunt thet ah c'd haf done an' thet'd haf been mo'e successful, ah reckon. Up t'th' mighty last it'd haf been quite postible t'have arranged a peaceful an' honourable settlement between Germenny an' Polan'. But Hitler'd not haf it. He had evidently made up his mind t'attack Polan' whutevah happened, an' although he now says he put fo'ward reasonable proposals which were rejecked by th' Poles, thet is not a true statement. Th' proposals were nevah shown t'th' Poles, no' t'us, an', though they were announced in a German broadcast on Thursday night, Hitler did not wait t'hear comments on them, but o'dered his troops t'crost th' Polish frontier th' next mo'nin'. His ackshun shows cornvincin'ly thet thar is no chance of speckin' thet this hyar man will evah give up his prackice of usin' fo'ce t'gain his will, ah reckon. He kin only be stopped by fo'ce. We an' France is to-day, in fu'fillment of our obligashuns, a-gonna th' aid of Polan', who is so bravely resistin' this hyar wicked an' unprovoked attack upon her varmints. We haf a clear cornscience. We haf done all thet enny country c'd does to establish peace, but a situashun in which no wo'd given by Germenny's ruler c'd be trested an' no varmints o' country c'd feel themselves safe had become intolerable. An' now thet we haf resolved t'finish it, ah knows thet yo' will all play yer part wif calmness an' courage.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #59
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Old 06-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #60
Oryx Tempel

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

These guys make the speech writers of today look like unlettered hacks.
Oryx Tempel is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 06-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #61
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

I would like to talk to you today on the following subjects:

A The Past- Very briefly.
B The present state of the war.
C The future prospects.
D The task immediately confronting us.
E Basic essentials for success.

The Past
We have been through some very bad times in this war. In our darkest days, we stood alone against the combined might of the Axis powers; we suffered some great shocks and some bad disasters. But we stood firm- on the defensive, but striking blows where we could.
Then America joined us; but that great nation was not immediately ready to strike heavy blows, and required time to develop her strength. The two of us -America and the British Empire- gradually began to fight back. Slowly but surely and relentlessly, the lost ground was recovered and we began to pass from the defensive to the offensive.
Since that time we have been working on the same strategy. This has been:

A To clear the enemy out of Africa.
B To knock Italy out of the war and open the Mediterranean for our shipping.
C To bring Turkey into the war.
D To defeat Germany while containing Japan.

This has been the broad strategy of the Allies and we have stuck to it and never wavered. We are now about to reap the harvest.

Present state of the war.
How do we stand today? Of the four basic points in our strategy, the first two are achieved.

A The Germans are out of Africa
B Italy is out of the war and the Meditteranean is open for our shipping.

These are great achievements, of which we may well be proud - and we are.
We failed in the third point. Turkey has not reacted in the way we hoped. But the Allies have done so well in other directions that it has not mattered over much; and the day may well come when Turkey will regret her present attitude, and will wish she had come in with the Allies- who are now going to win.
We are now about to embark on the final phase of the fourth point:To defeat Germany; this is the crux of the whole matter.
After 4 1/2 years of war the Allies have by hard fighting on sea, land and in the air, worked themselves into a position where they cannot lose. That is a very good position to reach in any contest; but the good player is never content 'to draw' - he wants to win.
And so now we must win, and defeat Germany. And while doing that we are doing more than contain Japan. That country is now definitely on the defensive and, in the South-West Pacific, the American and Australian forces are gradually working their way towards the Philippines and Formosa, and are killing great numbers of Japanese in the process.

Future prospects
Germany is now fighting on three fronts: in Russia, in Italy, and in the Balkans. Soon she will have a fourth front- in Western Europe.
She cannot do this successfully. She has a large number of divisions, but they are all weak and below strength. Everything is in the shop window; there is nothing 'in the kitty'.
Her cities and industries are being devastated by bombing; this will continue on an ever-increasing tempo all this year; by next winter, there will be little left of more important cities.
The Allies have the initiative and Germany is ringed round; she is about to be attacked from Russia, from the Mediterranean front, and from England; and all the time the bombing will go on relentlessly.
A ver great deal depends on the success of our operations. If they succeed, I consider that Germany will then begin to crack. They will succeed ; and the bombing will go on, everyday and around the clock. Germany will not be able to stand it.
If we do our stuff properly and no mistakes are made, then I believe that Germany will be out of the war this year. And Japan will be finished within six months after we have put Germany out.

Our immediate Task
But the essential condition is that the Second Front should be a great success. And that brings me to my next point.
When the times comes for us to operate on the Continent, no one will claim that our task will be easy. The enemy is in prepared positions; he has protected his beaches with obstacles; we cannot gain close contact and recce his position carefully, so as to examine the problem and ensure we have the right solution. There are, and there are bound to be, many unknown hazards. He has reserves positioned for counter-attack.
We have a long sea journey, and at the end of it we will have to land on a enemy coast in the face of determined opposition. During all this, there is bound to be a certain lose of cohesion in assaulting units; and even reserves coming ashore will require a little time to collect themselves. The enemy will know every inch of the ground; we shall be operating in a strange country.
But we have certain very great assets, and they are the ones that matter.
We have the initiative; the enemy does not know when or where we shall land.
We have great fire-power to support our initial landing, from the sea and from the air.
We have a good and simple plan.
We have well-trained troops, who are spoiling for a fight.
We have available to us on shore, the whole of the Allied air power in England, and this air power will continue to support our operations and to bomb Germany. Its strength is terrific. There are some 4,500 fighters and fighter-bombers; and about 6,000 bombers of all types. Nothing has ever been seen like this before.
Unkown hazards must have no terrors for us. We have first class engineers, and evry type of mechanical and special equipment. All we need is a very robust mentality; as difficulties appear, so they must be tackled and stamped on.
What we have to do is blast our way on shore, and gain ground inland quickly so that we secure a good and firm lodgement area before the enemy has time to bring his reserves into action against us. The violence, speed and power of our initial assault must carry everything before it.
The enemy reserves will be closely watched from the air; when they sacrifice concealment and begin to move, they will be bombed and shot-up from the air, without ceasing, and enemy reserve units will be in poor shape when they reach the battle area.

Basic essentials for success
I would now like to give you a few points which I regard as terribly important. Obviously, such points should be few in number, since everything cannot be considered important. I consider that compliance with the following points is essential for success.

Allied solidarity
We are a great team of Allies, British and American. There must be throughout this team a friendly spirit; we must have confidence in each other.
As a British General, I regard it as a honour to serve under American Command; General Eisenhower is captain of the team and I am proud to serve under him. And I regard it as a great honour to have American troops serving under my command.
When we visit each other, there should be only one idea; and that is- how can I help the other chap. Let us have no suspicion and no petty jealousy. Let us have, throughout, complete mutal confidence and goodwill, all pulling together as one great team.

Offensive eagerness
This is vital. Once on land and the battle starts, we must be offensive, and more offensive, and ever more offensive as the hours go by. We must call on the soldiers for an all-out effort. Every officer and man must have only one idea, and that is to peg our claims inland, and to penetrate quickly and deeply into enemy territory. After a long sea voyage and a landing followed by fighting, a reaction sets in and officers and men are often inclined to let up and relax. This is fatal; senior officers must prevent it at all costs on D-Day and on the following days. The first few days will be the vital ones; it is in those days that the battle will be won, and it is in those days it could well be lost. Great energy and 'drive' will be required from all senior officers and commanders.
I consider that once the beaches are in our possession, success will largely depend on our ability to concentrate our armour and push fairly strong armoured columns rapidly inland to secure important ground or communication centres. Such columns will form firm bases in enemy territory from which to form develop offensive actions in all directions. Such actions will tend to throw the enemy off his balance and will enable our build-up through the beaches to proceed undisturbed; it will cut the ground from under the armoured counter-attack.
Offensive eagerness is not only necessary in the soldier; and especially in the senior officers and commander. Inaction, and a defensive mentality, are criminal in any officer-however senior.

Enthusiasm
Every officer and man must be enthusiastic for the fight and have the light of battle in his eyes. We must send our soldiers into this encounter completely on their toes; they must be imbued with that infectious optimisim that comes from physical well-being and absolute conviction in a great and righteous cause.

Confidence
I want you and every soldier to know that I have complete and absolute confidence in the successful outcome of the operations that will shortly begin. With stout hearts, and with enthusiasm for the contest, let us go forward, to victory.

An all out effort
Everyone must go all out. And, as we enter battle, let us recall the words of a famous soldier, spoken many years ago:
'He either fears his fate too much,
Or his deserts are small,
Who dare not put it into touch
To win or lose it all'
Good luck to each one of you. And good hunting on the mainland of Europe.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #62
23rdDjin
trust... it's everything

Awards Showcase

I would like ter talk ter yer today on the bloody followin' subjects:

A The chuffin' Past- Right briefly.
B The present state of the bloody war.
Circus Flea The future prospects.
D The task immediately confrontin' us.
E Basic essentials for success.

The Past
We 'ave been frough some right bad times in this war. In us darkest days, we stood alone against the combined might of the bloomin' Axis powers; we suffered some great shocks and some bad disasters, right? But we stood firm- on the defensive, right, but strikin' blows where we could.
Then America joined us; but that great nation were not immediately ready ter strike 'eavy blows, right, and required time ter develop 'er strengff. The two of us -America and the chuffin' British Empire- gradually began ter fight back. Slowly but surely and relentlessly, the lost ground were recovered and we began ter pass from the chuffin' defensive ter the offensive.
Since that time we 'ave been workin' on the same strategy. This 'as been:

A To clear the bleedin' enemy out of Africa.
B To knock Italy out of the bloody war and open the bloomin' Mediterranean for us shippin'.
Bruce Lee To brin' Turkey into the war.
D To defeat Germany wile containin' Japan.

This 'as been the chuffin' broad strategy of the Allies and we 'ave stuck ter it and never wavered, init?We are now about ter reap the harvest.

Present state of the war.
'ow do we stand today, luv? Of the four basic points in us strategy, the first two are achieved.

A The Germans are out of Africa
B Italy is out of the bloomin' war and the bloody Meditteranean is open for us shippin'.

These are great achievements, right, of wich we may well be proud - and we are.
We failed in the bloody ffird point. Turkey 'as not reacted in the way we 'oped. But the Allies 'ave done so well in uvver directions that it 'as not mattered over much; and the day may well come wen Turkey will regret 'er present attitude, and will wish she 'ad come in wiv the Allies- 'oo are now gonna win.
We are now about ter embark on the final phase of the fourff point:To defeat Germany; this is the crux of the 'oole matter.
After 4 1/2 years of war the Allies 'ave by 'ard fightin' on sea, land and in the bloody air, right, worked themselves into a position where they cannot lose. That is a right good position ter reach in any contest; but the chuffin' good player is never content 'to dror' - 'e wants ter win.
And so now we must win, right, and defeat Germany. And wile doin' that we are doin' more than contain Japan. That country is now definitely on the defensive and, in the chuffin' Souff-West Pacific, right, the chuffin' a septic tank and Australian forces are gradually workin' their way towards the Philippines and Formosa, right, and are killin' great numbers of Japanese in the bloomin' Rudolf 'Ess.

Future prospects
Germany is now fightin' on free fronts: in Russia, in Italy, and in the Balkans, init?Soon she will 'ave a fourff front- in Western Europe.
She cannot do this successfully. She 'as a large number of divisions, but they are all weak and below strengff, do wot guvnor! Evryfink is in the shop window; there is nuffink 'in the bleedin' kitty'.
'er cities and industries are bein' devastated by bombin'; this will continue on an ever-increasin' tempo all this year; by next winter, there will be wee left of more important cities.
The Allies 'ave the initiative and Germany is ringged round; she is about ter be attacked from Russia, right, from the Mediterranean front, and from England; and all the bloomin' time the bombin' will go on relentlessly.
A ver great deal depends on the bleedin' success of us operations. If they succeed, I consider that Germany will then begin ter crack. They will succeed ; and the bombin' will go on, evryday and 'round the bleedin' clock. Germany will not be able ter stand it.
If we do us stuff properly and no mistakes are made, right, ffen I believe that Germany will be out of the chuffin' war this year. Cor blimey guv, would I lie to you? And Japan will be finished wivin six monffs after we 'ave put Germany out.

Us immediate Task
But the bleedin' essential condition is that the Second Front should be a great success. And that brings me ter my next point.
Wen the chuffin' times comes for us ter operate on the Continent, no geezer will claim that us task will be easy, do wot guvnor! The bleedin' enemy is in prepared positions; 'e 'as protected 'is beaches wiv obstacles; we cannot gain close contact and recce 'is position carefully, so as ter examine the bleedin' problem and ensure we 'ave the bleedin' right solution. Yer can't 'ave a knees-up wivout a joanna. There are, and there are bound ter be, many unknown 'azards. He 'as reserves positioned for counter-attack.
We 'ave a long sea journey, right, and at the bloomin' end of it we will 'ave ter land on a enemy coast in the Nanny Goat Race of determined opposition. Durin' all this, there is bound ter be a certain lose of cohesion in assaultin' units; and even reserves comin' ashore will require a wee time ter collect themselves. The bloody enemy will know evry inch of the ground; we shall be operatin' in a strange country.
But we 'ave certain right great assets, and they are the ones that matter.
We 'ave the chuffin' initiative; the enemy does not know wen or where we shall land.
We 'ave great fire-power ter support us initial landin', from the sea and from the bloody air.
We 'ave a right good and simple plan.
We 'ave well-trained troops, right, 'oo are spoilin' for a fight.
We 'ave available ter us on shore, the chuffin' 'oole of the bloody Allied air power in England, right, and this air power will continue ter support us operations and ter bomb Germany. Its strengff is terrific. There are some 4,500 fighters and fighter-bombers; and about 6,000 bombers of all types. Nuffink 'as ever been seen like this before.
Unkown 'azards must 'ave no terrors for us. We 'ave first class engineers, right, and evry type of mechanical and special equipment. All we need is a right ronick mentality; as difficulties appear, right, so they must be tackled and stamped on.
Wot we 'ave ter do is blast us way on shore, and gain ground inland quickly so that we secure a right good and firm lodgement area before the bleedin' enemy 'as time ter brin' 'is reserves into action against us. The violence, right, speed and power of us initial assault must carry evryfink before it.
The bloomin' enemy reserves will be closely wotched from the air; wen they sacrifice concealment and begin ter move, they will be bombed and shot-up from the air, right, wivout ceasin', and enemy reserve units will be in poor shape wen they reach the battle area.

Basic essentials for success
I would now like ter give yer a few points wich I regard as terribly important. Obviously, such points should be few in number, since evryfink cannot be considered important. I consider that compliance wiv the followin' points is essential for success.

Allied solidarity
We are a great team of Allies, right, British and a septic tank, init?There must be froughout this team a muckerly spirit; we must 'ave confidence in each uvver.
As a British General, I regard it as an 'onour ter serve under a septic tank Command; General Eisenhower is captain of the team and I'm proud ter serve under 'im. And I regard it as a great 'onour ter have a septic tank troops servin' under me command.
Wen we visit each uvver, there should be only one idea; and that is- 'ow can I 'elp the uvver chap. Let us 'ave no suspicion and no petty jealousy. Let us 'ave, right, ffroughout, complete mutal confidence and right goodwill, all pullin' togeffer as one great team.

Offensive eagerness
This is vital. Once on land and the battle starts, we must be offensive, and more offensive, right, and ever more offensive as the hours go by. We must call on the soldiers for an all-out effort. Evry officer and man must 'ave only one idea, right, and that is ter peg us claims inland, and ter penetrate quickly and deeply into enemy territory. After a long sea voyage and a landin' followed by fightin', a reaction sets in and officers and men are often inclined ter let up and relax. This is fatal; senior officers must prevent it at all costs on D-Day and on the followin' days. The bloomin' first few days will be the vital ones; it is in them days that the chuffin' battle will be won, right, and it is in them days it could well be lost. Great energy and 'drive' will be required from all senior officers and commanders.
I consider that once the beaches are in us possession, success will largely depend on us ability ter concentrate us armour and push fairly strong armoured columns rapidly inland ter secure important ground or communication centres. Yer can't 'ave a knees-up wivout a joanna. Such columns will form firm bases in enemy territory from wich ter form develop offensive actions in all directions. Such actions will tend ter ffrow the enemy off 'is balance and will enable us build-up frough the beaches ter proceed undisturbed; it will cut the ground from under the armoured counter-attack.
Offensive eagerness ain't only necessary in the bloomin' soldier; and especially in the senior officers and commander. Inaction, right, and a defensive mentality, are criminal in any officer-however senior.

Enffusiasm
Evry officer and man must be enffusiastic for the fight and 'ave the light of battle in 'is mince pies. We must send us soldiers into this encounter completely on their toes; they must be imbued wiv that infectious optimisim that comes from physical well-bein' and absolute conviction in a great and righteous cause.

Confidence
I want yer and evry soldier ter know that I 'ave complete and absolute confidence in the successful outcome of the operations that will shortly begin. Wiv stout 'earts, right, and wiv enffusiasm for the bloomin' contest, let us go forward, right, to victory.

An all out effort
Evry geezer must go all out. And, right, as we enter battle, right, let us recall the words of a famous soldier, right, spoken many years ago:
'He eever fears 'is fate too much,
Or 'is deserts are wee,
'oo dain't stick it into touch
To win or lose it all'
Good luck ter each one of yer. And good 'untin' on the mainland of Europe.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #63
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Churchill on Rommel...

He was a splendid military gambler, dominating the problems of supply and scornful of opposition ... His ardor and daring inflicted grievous disasters upon us, but he deserves the salute which I made him — and not without some reproaches from the public — in the House of Commons in January 1942, when I said of him, "We have a very daring and skillful opponent against us, and, may I say across the havoc of war, a great general."
He also deserves our respect because, although a loyal German soldier, he came to hate Hitler and all his works, and took part in the conspiracy to rescue Germany by displacing the maniac and tyrant. For this, he paid the forfeit of his life. In the sombre wars of modern democracy, chivalry finds no place ... Still, I do not regret or retract the tribute I paid to Rommel, unfashionable though it was judged.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #64
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Old 06-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #65
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Old 06-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #66
Drunk Conductor
For much to want accepted

My Mood:

This thread stinks to donkey.
Drunk Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #67
23rdDjin
trust... it's everything

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Conductor View Post
This thread stinks to donkey.
don't be an ass.
This user groaned at this post:

Old 06-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #68
Drunk Conductor
For much to want accepted

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23rdDjin View Post
don't be an ass.
The ass is you of a monkey!
Drunk Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #69
23rdDjin
trust... it's everything

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Conductor View Post
The ass is you of a monkey!
and you're just the gorilla my dreams.
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:

Old 06-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #70
JohnnyVann
Rocky Mountain Hi! :wave:

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Old 06-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #71
JohnnyVann

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

JohnnyVann is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #72
JohnnyVann

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx Tempel View Post
These guys make the speech writers of today look like unlettered hacks.
Absolutely agree but I think that says more about the audience
JohnnyVann is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 06-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #73
Sansarya
Just Sans

Rez Date:
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

My dinner tonight (we have "dinner on your own" once every couple weeks where I don't have to cook): 3 Oreos, one homemade blueberry muffin leftover from breakfast, Ritz crackers (quantity tbd), string cheese, coffee. I napped all afternoon/evening, so this is my reward
Sansarya is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #74
Kavik Brock
n00bing it up in a game

My Mood:

OH HAI

Old 06-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #75
Joy Honey
damnable hitch, meanie

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joy Honey
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Tonight, I got to leave work a little early (5:50 instead of 6:00 woo. hoo.)

I had to rush home, get the 7 yr. old and rush him to school for their end-of-year stuff.
Was in such a rush that I left my stupid camera at home.
Then I left my stupid cellphone in the car.

I feel like I'm such a bad mom sometimes.

"Listen, cop, I'm on the verge of disliking you."

One of the hardest things to believe is the abysmal depth of human stupidity. - Robert A. Heinlein
Joy Honey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #76
Sally Rosebud
Will it ever end?

Rez Date: Apr 18, 2005
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Sally Rosebud Send a message via Skype™ to Sally Rosebud
Awards Showcase
Cooking Goddess 28th 5k trainwreck 

MERCURY!

Old 06-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #77
Joy Honey
damnable hitch, meanie

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joy Honey
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck