Old 04-08-2017, 01:55 AM   #801
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 
Total Awards: 2

Well, I've finished my first 3 beers.
Now it's time for the behemoth of the night.
The time when things start unwinding into Crazytown.

So, here we go!

The beer:

(Alc. 14.1%)

Smells like: Sweet malt and raisins. A thick boozy thread is woven throughout. A whisper of tart cherry meanders along with biscuit scents.

Tastes like: Tart and smoky cherry, with caramelized raisins on the side. Rye qualities softly flourish throughout the mouth. Sweet malt carrying the whole experience. With a tart tingle under the tongue as an afterthought.

Overall, a well crafted drink, even if kinda heavy on the sweet side. The booziness can be detected on an exhale. Pleasant, nicely honed, but almost demands to be sipped gently, due to the sweetness. Not sure that I'd buy it again, but I do't regret getting it in the first place either.

And this ended up being the most fitting pic I found (without spending forever looking for one):

Bang Rumpus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout View Post
SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR DEMON FISH OR I'LL DEVOUR YOUR SOUL FOR DESSERT!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
Kick's internet browser history must be quite...interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyVann View Post
And when Kick says "fuck no" you know it's FUCK NO!
Kick Frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2017, 09:36 PM   #802
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

It hasn't been a long while, but I'm poppin open a couple brews tonight anyway.
Just planning on two though.
(One is a 12oz can, the other is a 750mL bottle. )

First, the can:

(Alc. 4.2%)

Smell: Cocoa powder, right there, up front. Some sweet malt backs it up. Perhaps a bit of biscuit whisps in the background.

Taste: Chocolate. I mean, cocoa really, but... I don't even taste the beer. It's like chocolate soda, but not as sugary. No bitterness, except for a slight moment a few seconds after swallowing a sip/gulp. But that's it.

Overall, a really pleasant cocoa shandy! Way more drinkable than I thought it was going to be. I'm not sure how it'd go after having a few, but at just one... I'm doing my best not to gulp it down too fast.

Oh yeah...
and here's a pic to go with it:

Old 04-13-2017, 10:35 PM   #803
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Well, that was quick... done with beer #1.
On to my last beer of the night (although it'll probably take more than one glass to drink it all.)

Beer #2:

(Alc. 6.7%)

Smells like: Raisin-y malt, dark chocolate nibs, and a bit of bread. And somewhere hiding in the background, some hay and soft hops.

Tastes like: Bitter raisin and dark chocolate present themselves first. At the tail end, a ghost of bitter hops riding along with some slight bready whispers.

Overall; oddly sweet, dry, and bitter. Not a horrible stout, possibly better at room temp (I'll see with next glass, as I took the bottle out of the fridge until then). This has a tighter profile than most stouts I enjoy, but I like it well enough.

And this is the best pic I found without spending an eternity on looking for one:

Old 04-22-2017, 11:17 PM   #804
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Another night of drinkin, another night of only two beers.
Pretty much the same sizes as last time.

Starting with the larger bottle this time...

(Alc. 10%)

Smell: Very smooth malt and hay. The essence of oak, quite subtly, permeating the entire nose. Possibly some chocolate notes in the distance. And the hint of a bright profile with an easy sweet side.

Taste: Beginning with a hint of alcohol burn strolling along with the french oak soul. Then dark spices color the undertow, while tighter yeast commands the upper decks. Then the oak flavors crest just before the small warm bloom on the back end.

Overall, an extremely enjoyable drink. There's a pleasant amount of dryness to this brew and a tight yeast spirit. The spices and oak conditioning are worked well into the brew. I would be happy with a stockpile of this one.
(It ain't for gulping, but damn if I'm not sipping it a bit often!)

And I don't want to spend all night on finding something for the hottie pic.
So, instead of trying to narrow it down to french oak barrels and spices and the number 17 (OH MY!), I just went with the fact it's made in Canada.

So, in light of that, here you go...

Old 04-23-2017, 12:59 AM   #805
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

About to get to beer #2, but wanted to drop a tune on y';all first.

So, um... here ya's go!

(This song started anew YouTube playlist for me. I called it "yeah".)

Old 04-23-2017, 01:35 AM   #806
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Ok, now I can move on to beer #2.
Not much to say until after the pic, so...

(Alc. 10.5%)

Smellin: Sweet malts hit me nose first. There's lightly toasted biscuit somewhere in the back. Chocolate covered raisins hiding in the middle. And it seems there's both coffee and yeast filling out the hips of this lady.

Tastin: Smoked wood and wet hay-pinched malty sweetness. Somewhere, faintly, there's a couple crackers lazing about. Not much bitterness to start, but builds nicely as you continue through the glass.

Overallin, this is one to take it easy with. But well worth the sipping. No need to gulp at this level of ABV. Glad I saved this one for 2nd/last, it lends itself as an ending brew... not so much a thing to start the night with.

(No hottie pic.)
(I mean, have you seen the name of this thing?!?)
(What is that even???)

Old 04-29-2017, 10:55 PM   #807
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Hello there.
Tonight I have 3 brews to drink.
Not sure if I'll hit all 3 or only 2, but I gotta start somewhere, so...

1st beer:

(Alc. 5.5%)

Smell: Subdued ale with a slight cracker rounding. Faint citrus tempered with even fainter vanilla notes.

Taste: Creamy and still subdued. However, there is a very slight bitter edge giving it a small punch. Just barely on the sweeter side, but I'm not picking up any vanilla notes.

Overall, a fairly nice ale. Nothing amazing, nothing bad. Kind of a baseline "creamy ale".

Old 04-29-2017, 11:35 PM   #808
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Fifteen minutes later and I'm ready to head into the next beer.
Bringing in some more flavor on this next one...

2nd Beer:

(Alc. 6.5%)

The smell: Piney hops with a pithy edge. Faint chocolate-covered raisins. All rounded out with a smokey-sweet edge.

The taste: Dry pine and faint charcoal stand out first. Then a hint of bread, rounded out with a wet, semi-sweet edging. All carried by a lightly bitter undercurrent.

Overall, not a bad brew. A bit on the bitter/dry/piney side for my tastes, but crafted fairly well. If dark piney brews are your thing, this would be worth a try.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:52 AM   #809
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

And so, I'm down to the last bottle.
Granted, this is another big bottle (Which should translate into two glasses)... and it's stronger than the last two were.

But I can either ramble on some more or get to the final review of the night!

Last beer of the night:

(Alc. 8.0%)

Smellin: Sweet, bready and a bit of peach. Perhaps a bit of coriander and citrus.

Tastin: Sweet and bready. Some back-end funk meanders along with a touch of citrus and stone fruit. A bit of heat on the tail-end borne from darker spices.

Overall, a well made brew. On the sweet side, but not overbearingly so. A bit creamy and thick of body.

And for this one, a pic to go with it...

It's even from SL!

Old 05-05-2017, 10:54 PM   #810
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Well, Happy fucking Cinco de Mayo.
Such a totally awesome beer trip I just got back from!
No, really!

I was like, I'mma go find me some craft micro-brew from Mexico and have a totally sweet night.
So, I get out to the liquor store and go searching through the singles, the high-ends, the packs on the shelves... then look through the coolers.
Finally, I settled on... mother-fucking Modelo.
shitfuckers
No craft beer for me.

So, there we have it.
For tonight, I have Modelo.

This one, to be exact:

(Alc. 5.4%)

Smell: Even-tempered with slightly sweet, roasted malt. Tiny bitter edges.

Taste: Mirrors the smell, except a watered down version.

Overall, it's a roasted malt lager that tastes like what Budweiser would taste like if it were darker in color.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:43 PM   #811
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Ok, I've easily got a better selection tonight!
Only two new beers (since I still have a couple Modelos left in the fridge), but they're both higher alcohol content.

First beer (Southern Tier 2X Oak'd IPA):

(Alc. 8.2%)

Smell: Oak and sweet, roasted malt. A bready body follows. Just a faint hint of a bitter hop edge.

Taste: Bitter hops strike first and last throughout, lingering even stronger in the back end. Toasted oak colors in a few details. Bready body is trimmed down on the palate to a background note.

Overall, much hoppier than I expected and I don't taste any of the maple syrup. It's dry and somewhat bitter. (This batch was also bottled 5 months ago, so it may be waning from it's full glory at this point.)

Old 05-11-2017, 11:44 PM   #812
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

I have high hopes for this next one.
Mainly because it comes from Troegs.

Beer 2 is, The Troegenator:

(Alc. 8.2%)

Smells like: Bready cracker, toasted cherry and possibly a hint of peach off in the distance. Sweet, but subdued, caramelized malt. Wispy chocolate influences the overall palate.

Tastes like: Smoky, roasted sweet malt. Hops, under shadowy cover, round out the edges with a bit of bitterness. Bready chocolate also hovering between mid- and background. Dark cherry skin notes fill in the rest of the details.

Overall, a little sweet, but complex and pleasant. A warm friend to hang out with you next to a campfire. Do not gulp!

Old 05-19-2017, 10:11 PM   #813
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Obviously, I'm about to drink again.
I mean, there's barely much else posted in this thread anymore.
Hell, I don't even know if anyone reads this thread at all, for that matter.
But I'm gonna drink and review anyway.
:P

Tonight I only have one kind of beer, but it's a 4 pack.
Advantage: being able to meander the internet while I drink, instead of opening a new beer just after getting done reviewing and posting about the previous one.

So, anyway, the beer:
(Multitude - Departed Soles Brewery)

(Alc. 6.4%)

Smelly: Stone fruit hops with a distant dry, pine bitter edge. Faint black pepper rounds out the body with some sweet malt hiding in the bushes.

Tasty: Smooth, slightly (stone) fruity with a soft bitter edge. Warmth from black pepper fills out the rest, with just a touch of sweetness on the back end.

Overall, a pleasant enough IPA. Smooth and creamy with a chest warmth in the second half of the show. A coy sweetness plays in the distance.

I may post a related pic sometime tonight, but for now I wanna go play on the internet.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:48 PM   #814
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

So, obviously I never returned to post a pic last time around.
But now I'm gearing up to start a new round!
Tonight will probably consist of two beers (second one is a big bottle).

First up, Romantic Chemistry:

(Alc. 7.2%)

Smell: Apricot wafting out first, holding hands with a dull-bitter edge. Distant crisp notes highlight soft ginger. And what seems to be just a pinch of black pepper.

Taste: Here we have a reversal, with ginger and pepper notes stepping up front. Apricot/mango follows through in a long middle, before ginger returns for an encore on the tail end on the palate and in the chest. The dull hops bitter edge peeks in and out, from beginning to end.

Overall, there's a stronger bite to this than I expected, due to the ginger and black pepper notes. The mangoes are hidden alongside the apricot, softly coloring the stone fruit flavors.

(Ok, tonight I really do plan on finding a pic to go with this brew! Just wanna get this posted for now.)

Old 05-27-2017, 10:34 PM   #815
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

So, yeah...
Here's what I got for "Romantic Chemistry"...

Old 05-27-2017, 10:53 PM   #816
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

And now for beer #2.
The big ol bottle of Founder's Doom...

(Alc. 12.4%)

Smells: Sweet and smoky. Dank hops with a slight bitter lining. A little funky stone fruit layered in the background.

Tastes: Funk up front and throughout, with a dank soul. The bitter side of hops gently lining the experience. A ghostly bourbon bite hides between the lines. Some smoky charcoal colors the soul.

Overall, much more funk than I thought this would have. Certainly not a bad beer though! Drink with care.
(It's possible this bottle is skunked a bit after reading some other online reviews.)

Old 06-02-2017, 11:14 PM   #817
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Hey there fuckjers... can ya guess what time it is?
That's right! Drinkin time!!

Two new brews tonight, both bigger bottles.

First up, in honor of the wonderful series were' waiting to return and the spin-off coming this Sunday, we have...

(Alc. 9.4%)

Smellin: Woodsy molasses comes forward first, holding hands with sweet malts. A bit of a cracker character follows up, while the bitter edge of hops is a faint whisper in the background.

Tastin: Smokey wood steps to the front, molasses rides along in the passenger seat. Sweet malt with a cracker foundation follows through, revealing itself as part of the foundation. Faintly on the edges, the hops lend their bitter balance.

Overall, this shit is really tasty! Heavy body with a crisp punctuation. It makes me want to drink it much faster than I probably should. (Also, might've been best as my last drink of the night, but... *shrug* ...life goes on.)

PS - No sexy pic to go with this one, for what should be obvious reasons.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:39 AM   #818
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Done with #1, on to #2...

The beer (G Schneider and Sohn - Aventinus):

(Alc. 8.2%)

Smell: Sweet banana with a touch of vanilla powers through the front, while a chocolate nib background whispers in your nose. Clove is almost hidden, adding a spiced dimension.

Taste: Sweet malted banana in the front, with clove trailing just behind. A vanilla spirit gently permeating the brew. A memory of chocolate rings softly in the distance.

Overall, this is on the sweet side, but tasty nonetheless. Commands a slower quaff, which encourages measured appreciation. It's a good outing for what it is, but don't expect to slam these down!

(Again, no related pic, because it's just not lending itself to anything in particular.)
(Maybe I'll come back and post something random, just so we get our fix.)
(PS - Requests (for beer and/or pics) are welcome.)

Old 06-03-2017, 02:29 AM   #819
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Nothing to do with beer, but here's a hot pic (gif) fer y'all...

Old 06-10-2017, 09:33 PM   #820
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Well.. *ahem* ...I'd forgotten about that little gif I threw in here.

But... let's move on to the beer for tonight, shall we?

Old 06-10-2017, 09:49 PM   #821
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

So yeah, tonight I have two kinds of beer.
First up is a heavy hitter, the rest are slightly less heavy hitters.

The beer:

(Port Brewing - Older Viscosity)
(Alc. 12%)

Smell: Oak, bourbon and dark chocolate all greet my nose at the same time. Just past that, sweet malt fills out the hips of this lady. Finally, just the smallest lining of bitter hops.

Taste: Like a chocolate cordial filled with smoaky bourbon, darkly beautiful all around. A quick, tight bitter grip on the tail end, just after a few coffee notes and just before the boozy chest warmth.

Overall, this is a dangerous as fuck brew. Super tasty, begs to have a nice cigar smoked along with it. Almost no carbonation, deep and thick goodness. Would easily enjoy any time!

And I have a hawt pic ready to go!

Old 06-10-2017, 11:54 PM   #822
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

About 2 hours later and I'm finally about to hit up beer #2!
So, without further delay...

The beer:

(Founders - Sumatra Mountain Brown)
(Alc. 9.0%)

Smells like: Coffee and chocolate notes rise up first. Caramel flows along just underneath. Earthy hops off in the background.

Tastes like: Smooth, velvety mocha body with a sweet edge. Hops bite, or rather nibble, back on the back end. A little smoky in spirit.

Overall, another tasty brew! Yay! Strong coffee notes throughout with dark chocolate as a sidekick make this surprisingly quaffable for a somewhat higher ABV brew.

And, as usual, a sexy pic to accompany the brew...

Old 06-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #823
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Well, it's been ten days and I'm finally ready to hit the bottle again.
No new reviews tonight though, just finishing up the last two Sumatra Mountain Brown brews I have left.

But, let's see if I can't find another hottie to post for it anyway...

Old 06-24-2017, 09:47 PM   #824
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

I know it hasn't been that long, but I'm diving into more new brews tonight!
A sour and two stouts.

First up...

(Sea Quench Ale)
(Alc. 4.9%)

Smell - At first blush, a little funk. Then the lime and salt quickly take over, but gently so. Just a hint of dank hops fill in the background.

Taste - A tangy citrus bite greets me first, balanced with a vague bitter hop baseline. The edges are salty, folding in towards the back end.

Overall, a nice sour with some thickness to its body. The lime and salt work together well, with neither being over-represented. A good beach-y sour for a session with friends on a summer day.

Aaand our related pic of the drink...

Old 06-24-2017, 10:29 PM   #825
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Just finished the sour, now to move on to the serious shit.

First up of the stouts...

(Elysian - The Fix)
(Alc. 9.4%)

Smells - Deep dark chocolate and coffee notes, with coffee taking the lead. Malty sweetness like sugar in your coffee. And finally, in the distance, a twinge of cracker.

Tastes - Pretty much exactly as it smells, except for a faint bitter pinch passing by in the finish.

Overall, just lovely. A bit of chest warmth once I got a few sips in, but this is a very tasty brew. Practically a dark chocolate mocha cordial, just not as sweet. I would easily recommend this for anyone who enjoys coffee stouts.!

I know there's a lot of hotties drinking coffee in this thread lately, but... it's not so bad, eh?

Old 06-25-2017, 12:36 AM   #826
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Ok, finished that beer, now on to the last beer of the night...

(Weyerbacher - Sunday Morning Stout)
(Alc. 12.7%)

Smellin - Bourbon up front, with soft coffee notes in the distant background. Hints of vanilla bridge the divide. Sweet malt fills out the junk in the trunk.

Tastin - Bourbon is the heavy hitter here. Coffee in the midground, dark chocolate off in the background. A sheen of vanilla lightly coats the experience.

Overall, a sturdy and heavy brew. Tasty and worthy of your time, as long as you take it slow and easy.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:40 PM   #827
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Whoa... almost 3 weeks since my last entry!
But I suppose it makes sense, as we had family out for a couple weeks for July 4th.
So, anywayz...

Tonight I only have one beer to review, as I got a sixer.

The beer:

(Alc. 8.1%)
(Arrogant Bastard - Bourbon Barrel-Aged Arrogant Bastard)

Smell: Sweet malt greets me first, along with a whiff of bourbon. A bit of biscuit in the body. With Crisp & bitter hoppy edges rounding out the nose.

Taste: Subdued bourbon/slightly sweet malt. An easy going middle, then bitter hops curl over the sides & back end.

Overall, I expected this to taste much stronger, but it's fairly tame. The hops bite a bit on the back end, but more of a strong nibble. I'll certainly have no problem enjoying these tonight!

Old 07-15-2017, 01:10 AM   #828
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

So, I'm like on beer #4.. I think... maybe 5
But I have an "airplane bottle" of Patron Cafe XO mixed into my glass this time.

Because, yup.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:44 PM   #829
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

I thought I had 2 Arrogant Bastards left, turns out I only have one, so... it turns out that was beer #5 I dumped the tequila into.

Tonight will be a mish-mosh of beers, but only one new review.
I have one beer I haven't had before, the others are left-overs and shit.
(Namely: Bourbon Barrel-Aged Arrogant Bastard & Sea Quench.)

So, let's get it on!

The new beer:

(Alc. 7.5%)

Smell: Pine and citrus (lemon, grapefruit) up front, with a fluttering of hoppy bitterness in the airs. Perhaps a bit of cracker/biscuit tucked in there as well.

Taste: A thicker body, with citrus on the tongue first, quickly followed by dank pine. Dry hops with a cracker base fill out the bottom end, with a bitter love bite rounding out the edges.

Overall, a welcoming ale that's well suited for sitting around a park bench with some friends, just after the days heat has dissipated. Well balanced enough that the stronger pine dankness and bitter hops only fill out the curvy body, instead of smacking you in the face.

(No associated pic, because I couldn't find one. But please, feel free to post a pic of a topless girl (or nude anyone) that has Jai Alai incorporated into it!)

Old 07-23-2017, 12:19 AM   #830
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

So, I had that Jai Alai.
And my Sea Quench.
And a Sam Adams Summer Ale.

Now it's time for my last Bourbon Barrel-Aged Arrogant Bastard.
(With a 1/3 shot of corn whiskey added.)

I may look to drink some more of... something ...before the night is through.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:11 AM   #831
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Hey, remember Willow Smith?
You probably are thinking of whipping your hair back and forth, but seriously...
She's shaping up to be the next Erykah Badu.

One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':

Old 08-04-2017, 10:12 PM   #832
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

You didn't think I'd let International Beer Day go by without imbibing, did you?
Of course not!

So, tonight I have 3 beers.
From Belgium, Germany and the UK.

First up, the heavy from Belgium:

(Alc. 12%)
(Brouwerij 't Gaverhopke - 't Gaverhopke Extra)
(Possibly also known as "Den Twaalf")

Smellin: Smoky wood and sweet malt. Some charcoal and vanilla notes. And a yeast-borne bite on the edges.

Tastin: Charcoal and sweet malt show up first, followed by funky bite. The end rounded out with a soft whiskey burn dancing with faint vanilla.

Overallin, this is a tasty brew. A little sweet, but evened out by the slight afterburn. Somewhat thick body, with tiny-bubbled and light carbonation.

(No pic this time either... I simply have no idea what I'd post for this!)

Old 08-04-2017, 11:18 PM   #833
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

And now on to the least heavy...

The beer:

(Alc. 6.5%)
(St. Peter's - Cream Stout)

Smell: Cracker and prune-ish sweet malt waft strongly. Coffee notes feature (vaguely) as well. Dark vanilla lurks beneath the surface. Bittersweet chocolate swims about as well.

Taste: Bittersweet smoky coffee, akin to espresso. A bit of prune/raisin textures the experience. Underneath, the tiniest vanilla wisp.

Overall, another tasty brew. My overall taste is of smoky espresso with a single shaving of dark chocolate to line it, just barely sweetened with prune/raisin sugar. Fairly thick, but thinner edges.

And a fitting-enough pic:

(Really, at this point, I should just start a 'sexy/sensual coffee' thread. lol)

Old 08-05-2017, 12:13 AM   #834
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Old 08-05-2017, 01:21 AM   #835
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

And so here we are.
I finished the first two new beers and only have one left.

But not for long!!

The beer:

(Alc. 7.4%)
(Weihenstephaner - Korbinian)

The smell: Sweet malt. Lightly smoky wood. A yeast inspired vanilla bite.

The taste: Raisins, smoky wood, vanilla. Somehow, pretzels are in there. And at the end, a light yeast nibble on the jaw.

The overall, is that this is another tasty beer. My description might be a bit off, but it's the best I could figure. I'm not used to doppelbocks, so maybe that's why I had a hard time pinning down the taste, but still... a hefty and pleasing beer.

(Now I want pretzels)

Old 08-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #836
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Hello there.
I'm back for another round of 3 beers!
(Maybe 4 if I really make a night of it.)

Anywhatever, let's get it on!

First beer:

(Alc. 7.2%)
(902 Brewing - Kiwi Krush)

Smell: Dry hops with a bitter touch hits me altogether with citrus and stone fruit. I could be wrong, but I feel like there's faint white pepper off in the background.

Taste: Dry, barely bitter, hops up front. Sweet grapefruit quickly follows. Slightly wheat-y finish.

Overall, a fairly crushable beer. As I've said before, IPA brews aren't really my thing... but, I'm happy if I get a tasty one. This is easily one of the tastiest IPAs I've had.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:20 PM   #837
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Ok, I finished making that last post.
Then posting a review to Untappd.
Then reposting the whole post from here over to another forum.

And now?
Now I'm getting ready to grab beer #2.
It took my the entire beer just to get my reviews and shit done.
(Also, some time to look for a fitting pic, but it went all sideways and I nixed it for now.)

So, moving on to...

Beer #2:

(Alc. 8%)
(Departed Soles - Philoso-Rapper)

Smell: Caramel malt. Dry hay. Spices and faint stone fruit.

Taste: Caramel malt and wet hay. Faint spice and smokiness, with even fainter stone fruit.

Overall, a tasty Belgian hybrid. Yummy, but a bit too sweet.

And a somewhat fitting, but too funny to pass up, pic:

Old 08-12-2017, 01:36 AM   #838
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Alrighty, I've wasted some time since I finished the previous beer.
But it's time to get back to business!

3rd beer!

(Alc. 10%)
(Otter Creek - Russian Imperial Stout)

Smell: Black coffee and dark chocolate notes sing out first. Smoky wood follows along. Caramelized malt sweetens up the overall olfactory senses.

Taste: The sweet malt twirls about with bittersweet mocha. Smoky wood flavor weaves through the whole experience. With a hint of cracker, stronger at the end.

Overall, not bad, but a little on the sweet side. The smoky flavor is nice, but also a bit heavier than needed. I wouldn't run from this by any means, but I wouldn't seek it out for an awesome experience either.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:43 PM   #839
Io Zeno
Have An Apple

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Kick you need to start a Beer Blog, this is wasted material.
Io Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 08-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #840
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Funny you should mention that.
I have plans to start a blog that's basically half beer reviews and half political stuff.
(Plus whatever other stories I may find worth writing about.)
I've had a Wix site for awhile now, partially worked on... but I have a bunch to do still before it's ready.

But, you're right, I should actually get it up and running.
(Only have to make a couple more shirts and my in-world store will finally be stocked enough to officially open!)
(Then I'll feel more comfortable starting another project... namely, the blog.)
The following user says thanks:
The following user offers hugs: