Thank you for your interest in The Her Universe Fashion Show at San Diego Comic Con 2014! I’ve watched you use the halls of SDCC as your runway for the past four years and it’s time that we give you an actual runway to showcase your talent.
Please read the important information and fill out this Submission Form, read and sign the Official Rules and Release Form below, and attach your design(s) and samples of past work. Good luck and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Always remember to “Dream Your World, Be Your World, Flaunt Your World!”
Here's some of the sketches they give as an example:
THE HER UNIVERSE FASHION SHOW SUBMISSION FORM
Please read prior to completing the Submission Form and the Rules & Release Form:
This submission form is to narrow down up to 30 designs to participate in The Her Universe Fashion Show. A panel from Her Universe, led by Ashley Eckstein, will be selecting up to 30 designers from those designs submitted. These finalists will participate in The Her Universe Fashion Show at San Diego Comic-Con.
1. All submissions must be “Geek Couture” fashion, not a costume, and can be based on anything that is celebrated at Comic-Con (see illustrations above for samples of Geek Couture).
2. One submission form/entry per person. You can include up to three separate designs on your submission form, but only one design may be chosen. Your design must be your original work.
3. Male and female designers are welcome to submit designs, but submissions must be for female fashion only.
4. Entries must be received by April 4th, 2014. Late entries will not be considered. All submissions are final.
5. Finalists will be announced individually via e-mail no later than April 18th, 2014.
6. All finalists will need to provide their own styling, makeup, hair design and model at their own expense.
7. All finalists must provide their own travel to and from, and accommodations, in San Diego. Her Universe is not responsible for any travel or accommodation expenses.
8. The date of The Her Universe Fashion Show at SDCC is July 24th, 2014 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel in San Diego, CA. You must be able to have your designs exhibited at the Fashion Show to be eligible.
It seems to me this would be right up the alley of some SL designers!
(And yeah, I know this is RL and not SL, but it seemed like the most fitting sub-forum for this topic.)