Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Sandbox: Second Citizen > The Cornfield

Old 12-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #81
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivianne Draper View Post
Well I am really not understanding why you think some sort of private communication was necessary or even deserved. The rules clearly state that if you are a dick you will be cornfielded. You publicly stated that you were going to come here and be a dick in an attempt to be cornfielded. You did come here act like a dick and you were, subsequently, cornfielded.

No hypocrisy. No lies. No subterfuge. Everything was clearly stated upfront.
I am merely responding to requests from others regarding the process (or lack of it) that have been steadfastly ignored by the mods. Or do you believe that ignorance (and censorship in an "unmoderated" forum) is bliss?

And of course you are representing my aims and actions inaccurately. I came here out of boredom to find out whether things might have changed since my first incursion and discovered that my timing was perfect, the mods having lost the plot and expanded their programme of arbitrary action, so I simply pointed this out, anticipating that doing so would incur the wrath of the mods, reinforcing my viewpoint. At no point did I behave like a dick, unless you feel that I should have self-censored myself when others were making the same points as I did - and still are.

May I repeat my point that the rules do *not* state that you should be cornfielded for being a dick? They say that the *sole* purpose of The Cornfield is for alts that are used for harassment. Each time you quote the relevant passages from the rules you conveniently skip over this point, and I am sure your failure to address it says more to other readers than anything I could say.

Pep (is waiting for Leck to cut the Gordian Knot, one way or the other.)
Pep is offline   Reply With Quote
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:
This user suggests that you go fuck yourself with a rusty screwdriver:

Old 12-19-2009, 11:40 AM   #82
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Innis View Post
Pep is just enjoys pushing ppl's buttons. eir behavior seems entirely simple an' consistent given that theory. Prolly not worth trying to convince em e is 'wrong' about anything, since e is not seriously making truth-claims; is just saying things to push buttons. Is well-established Important Role In Any Internet Community!

(I think e is funny when people are not taking em too seriously...)
Normally you are right.

Pep (But I - and a lot of other people here from what I have seen posted - am very concerned about the overt hypocrisy of the moderation of a supposedly unmoderated forum.)

Old 12-19-2009, 11:45 AM   #83
Dale Innis
total bitchin' rock star

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep View Post

Normally you are right.

Pep (But I - and a lot of other people here from what I have seen posted - am very concerned about the overt hypocrisy of the moderation of a supposedly unmoderated forum.)
You am very concerned about the overt hypocrisy? y?

>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://xkcd.com/386/ <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

(but a lil more srsly, if you are ac'ly concerned 'bout something an' wanna have a pos'tive impact, you will hafta get over habit of allus pushin' evvy button in reach 'cause then ppl dismiss you as obvious troll an' what you say doesn' matters...)
Dale Innis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2009, 11:56 AM   #84
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Innis View Post
You am very concerned about the overt hypocrisy? y?

>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://xkcd.com/386/ <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

(but a lil more srsly, if you are ac'ly concerned 'bout something an' wanna have a pos'tive impact, you will hafta get over habit of allus pushin' evvy button in reach 'cause then ppl dismiss you as obvious troll an' what you say doesn' matters...)
Life's too short to stuff peppers.

Pep (Time is money; you can waste either, but not mine.)

Old 12-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #85
Dale Innis
total bitchin' rock star

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Life's too short to stuff peppers.

Pep (Time is money; you can waste either, but not mine.)
Make up your mind! Or not...

Old 12-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #86
Imnotgoing Sideways
-

Rez Date: Nov 03, 2007
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Imnotgoing Sideways Send a message via Skype™ to Imnotgoing Sideways
Awards Showcase
Cuter Than Thou 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2

"Life's too short to stuff peppers."

I'm googling this phrase and coming up empty. I've found "Life is too short to stuff a mushroom." But, that even had a vague explanation. (=_=)

Anyway... I like stuffed peppers. Gramma gave me a good recipe. =^-^=
Imnotgoing Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #87
Dale Innis
total bitchin' rock star

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnotgoing Sideways View Post
"Life's too short to stuff peppers."

I'm googling this phrase and coming up empty. I've found "Life is too short to stuff a mushroom." But, that even had a vague explanation. (=_=)

Anyway... I like stuffed peppers. Gramma gave me a good recipe. =^-^=
Now I am hungry again.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #88
Imnotgoing Sideways
-

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Imnotgoing Sideways Send a message via Skype™ to Imnotgoing Sideways
Awards Showcase

I'm baking chocolate chip cookies. (^_^)y
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':

Old 12-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #89
Dale Innis
total bitchin' rock star

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnotgoing Sideways View Post

I'm baking chocolate chip cookies. (^_^)y

I would, too, but if I do it again this soon the family will seriously me for fattening them up.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:36 PM   #90
Scylla Rhiadra
Deeply Over-emotional

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
As *your* presence here (and your desperate need to attempt to justify yourself) indicates, my observations appear to be accurate.

Pep (My presence here not only proves my contention regarding the moderation of this forum but gives me the ideal platform to disseminate it; thank you for your continued postings here.)
================================================== ============

Yay!!! Another miraculously contentless response from Pep!!

Still not so much as a rudimentary attempt to respond to any of the points I have made or questions I have asked of you. But then, really, you're only interested in hearing yourself talk, aren't you?

I am afraid that I am not as fond of your verbal self-stimulation as you seem to be, so I'm going to leave now. Perhaps I'll have chats with someone whose horizon extends further than the sound of their own voice, difficult as I am sure this is for you to imagine.

B-b-b-bye, P-p-p-pep!
Scylla Rhiadra is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:
The following user says thanks:

Old 12-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #91
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scylla Rhiadra View Post

Yay!!! Another miraculously contentless response from Pep!!

Still not so much as a rudimentary attempt to respond to any of the points I have made or questions I have asked of you. But then, really, you're only interested in hearing yourself talk, aren't you?

I am afraid that I am not as fond of your verbal self-stimulation as you seem to be, so I'm going to leave now. Perhaps I'll have chats with someone whose horizon extends further than the sound of their own voice, difficult as I am sure this is for you to imagine.

B-b-b-bye, P-p-p-pep!
Hooray!

Pep (Even the dimmest eventually get the message.)

Old 12-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #92
Malia
queen of culture shock

My Mood:

In a forum where "Go fuck yourself with a rusty screwdriver" is considered the height of hilarity and "ass-to-mouth" is a smiley, I find it bizarre that PEP was cornfielded, while others (including the mods) treat each other like "Shut up and die, you f***ing c*nt," and are applauded for it.

I agree that Pep is irritating in the nth degree, but really... I've seen so much worse (and to my sensitive, prudish little eyes, shocking) flaming/harassment/personal attacks/obscenity/trolling on these boards in the short time I have been here, and those behaviors are condoned. Not only that, the mods participate gleefully in all of the above and high-five each other over it.

At first I hoped that I had just joined at a "bad time", but it just keeps going like the Eveready bunny. Obviously, I'm just really not understanding this "spirit of SC" that people speak so fondly of.
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':
The following user says thanks:

Old 12-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #93
Briana Dawson
Support Removed

Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

hey, i just want a cool forum.

The whole "spirit of SC" i think is rather bleh, old and tired, and is not what brought me here. I am here for the community.

Reply Posted by Merovigan,
Lots of people commit suicide. Lots of gangmebers kill each other. I care not for those people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoL mubble View Post
I'll take a class so you can choke on my gooder gonads more better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoL mubble View Post
I need someone to climb my really long pole :P
---------------------------------------------
Briana Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 12-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #94
Love

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Quote:
And since so many of you have been asking out there in the part of the forums that I can see but can't post to:

1. No, none of the mods ever officially warned me, privately or publicly, about my behaviour being unacceptable prior to my being despatched to The Cornfield; I didn't even know who the moderators were until today when I excavated a thread in the "Civic Center", which of course is now out of date - and if Grady has another "Apres le deluge" moment (or even "Apres moi le deluge") it might be even more outdated.
Just a small observation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonna Villota View Post
Hallo and welcome to SC

I hope your purpose here is not to cause grief.

http://www.secondcitizen.net/Forum/showpost.php?p=32557&postcount=12

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonna Villota View Post
Just to give fair warning we have a cornfield.
http://www.secondcitizen.net/Forum/showpost.php?p=32542&postcount=72

---

And Ramonna was the one to cornfield you.

So to say you were not warned is not correct.

And of course, you did know about the moderator who cornfielded you before you were sent here.

Last edited by Love; 12-19-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users say thanks:
4 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 12-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #95
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

As stated in other places already:

Those who've been consigned to the cornfield have been "shucked".

That is all.

"...he may know what he actually meant, but we certainly cannot. It's like some biblical quote pulled at random from Revelations and used to support Jesus wielding Colt 45s and riding a tyrannosaurus rex at the Final Battle, only much shorter and bilingual. Maybe." ~Govi
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #96
kita_dawg
The sand in Mulch's vag

Awards Showcase
No Fear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bertrand View Post
Kita won the thread.
YAY!! ^_^

Do I get the prize?

*hopes for a set of X chromosomes to put in Pip's x-mas (see what I did thar?) stocking*

I like giving more than receiving <3
kita_dawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2009, 01:06 AM   #97
Briana Dawson
Support Removed

Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kita_dawg View Post
*hopes for a set of X chromosomes to put in Pip's x-mas (see what I did thar?) stocking*
He really needs those.

It would be grand if he had some weird gland disorder that caused a massive reproduction of estrogen in his system.

See, if there was a God....
Briana Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:
2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 12-20-2009, 05:13 AM   #98
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
So to say you were not warned is not correct.
Proving yourself a stupid illiterate cow again, Love? Read my words:

"none of the mods ever officially warned me, privately or publicly, about my behaviour being unacceptable"

Did you get the bit relating to: "about my behaviour being unacceptable"?

A pre-emptive warning about behaving myself - when I had merely said hello in Ellis Island a couple of months ago - hardly counts, does it.

Quote:
And of course, you did know about the moderator who cornfielded you before you were sent here.
I *still* don't know who cornfielded me. I presume it was Grady, since it happened soon after she lost it and took unilateral action against Lias.

Pep (I now note that Grady is hiding behind majority rule by the mods to consider reinstaemnt of Immy.)

Old 12-20-2009, 05:18 AM   #99
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

@Kita & @Briana: I have half a mind to get a sex change . . .

Pep ( . . . but that would make me over-qualified.)

Old 12-20-2009, 05:39 AM   #100
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

Just rereading this diatribe by Grady:

Until such time as another mod pries my elegantly manicured fingers off the controls, Leck returns and kicks my ass out of this chair, this runaway train of a forum crashes for technical reasons, or the world ends, I intend to do just as I please. I think the other mods should do so as well.

Pep (Arbitrary? Surely not *looks for sarcastic smily*)

Old 12-20-2009, 06:05 AM   #101
Love

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Quote:

"none of the mods ever officially warned me, privately or publicly, about my behaviour being unacceptable"

A pre-emptive warning about behaving myself - when I had merely said hello in Ellis Island a couple of months ago - hardly counts, does it.
The circumstances of your warnings are well known, and you're misrepresenting things yet again.

For you to pretend ignorance and stupidity is amusing. It's not much of a reach, I'll grant.

Perhaps you aren't pretending?

The warnings were clear enough. It's not up to anybody to hold your hand through the process.

Quote:
I *still* don't know who cornfielded me. I presume it was Grady, since it happened soon after she lost it and took unilateral action against Lias.
I've just told you. It was Ramonna. Drunk again?
Love is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2009, 06:44 AM   #102
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

Quote:
The circumstances of your warnings are well known, and you're misrepresenting things yet again.

For you to pretend ignorance and stupidity is amusing. It's not much of a reach, I'll grant.

Perhaps you aren't pretending?

The warnings were clear enough. It's not up to anybody to hold your hand through the process.
You *really* are being dumber than you usually are today.

I was not warned about my behaviour because at the time of those pre-emptive postings from Ramonna (provoked, I presume by whinging from you and condemned by others here when I was "punished" arbitrarily without having done anything in *this* forum) I had not demonstrated *any* behaviour here.

When I popped back in this Friday I received no official warnings at all before I was Cornfielded. I did have an exchange with Luc about what being a dick was, closely followed by a post from him in which he admitted he was being a dick, but it didn't get him Cornfielded.

Quote:
I've just told you. It was Ramonna. Drunk again?
You get so many things wrong that I am not inclined to believe you. In fact, even if Ramonna said "she" did, I would be inclined not to believe "her" either, as "she" seems to have serious trouble expressing "herself" accurately in English.

Pep (But please keep posting here; it defeats the object of The Cornfield, focuses attention on my argument regarding the arbitrary nature of moderating here and overall, amuses me - otherwise I wouldn't be hanging around here, would I?)

Old 12-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #103
prinţesă nina
Banned

Rez Date:

its pragmatic. if lecktor is having a family issue, we better learn to fend for ourselves. i agree with making our own way, while keeping with the spirit of sc1.
i think the admins need to grab the wheel.

============

Quote:
Just rereading this diatribe by Grady:

Until such time as another mod pries my elegantly manicured fingers off the controls, Leck returns and kicks my ass out of this chair, this runaway train of a forum crashes for technical reasons, or the world ends, I intend to do just as I please. I think the other mods should do so as well.

Pep (Arbitrary? Surely not *looks for sarcastic smily*)

Old 12-20-2009, 08:04 AM   #104
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinţesă nina View Post
its pragmatic. if lecktor is having a family issue, we better learn to fend for ourselves. i agree with making our own way, while keeping with the spirit of sc1.
i think the admins need to grab the wheel.
You may be surprised to find that I agree with you Nina.

Maybe now would be a good time to decide whether:

1. the forum is to be unmoderated (except for illegalities) - as it was envisaged and advertised

2. the forum is to be subject to the arbitrary whim of the moderators - as it is now

3. the forum is to be fairly moderated according to published rules - ah, there's the problem, eh?

If it is to be "community moderated" then surely the community (and not just those who shout loudest) should have a say in what those rules should (or should not) be. It would be too much to hope for a rational discussion of the options, would it? Whatever regime was decided could be implemeted until Leck returns - and if it falls apart as Grady seems to think it will, then he'll have to reimpose autocracy, won't he.

But that isn't going to happen is it? Because the moderators have got the power now and they aren't going to let go, are they?

Pep (Go on, prove me wrong.)

Old 12-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #105
prinţesă nina
Banned

Rez Date:

go to hell pep
prinţesă nina is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 12-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #106
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

Quote:
go to hell pep
What wit and repartee!

Pep (What wit and repartee?)

Old 12-20-2009, 12:25 PM   #107
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Pep! There you are, I brought you some more of the chocolate-covered livers you like so much.

I couldn't help overhearing that you're telling stories in here.

I do love a good story, but I much prefer it when the plot lines follow some kind of logical progression. It's why I had such a deuce of a time with Jimmy Joyce- and George Bush the First [Homo Non Sequitur, I call him].

So please, Pep, before you tell your stories, please please make some notes so that they follow a logical progression and don't veer into science fiction too awfully much.

Although I would be interested in reading Welsh science fiction, I must admit. It would have to involve something to do with a sheep tied to a lightpost in Cardiff [I believe they call them "recreation centers" there?][totally stolen from a Welsh comedian I like].

ANYWAY- yes. Please sort your plotlines before you present your finished tales, or I'll have to give you a C- for your presentation.

Have another liver, dear... and lay off the hootch, it makes your jowls pudgy.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 12-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #108
Spaceman Opus
Aquakosher

Rez Date: May 13, 2006
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Spaceman Opus
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:

If it is to be "community moderated" then surely the community (and not just those who shout loudest) should have a say in what those rules should (or should not) be.
That's the thing, Pip.

The community *has* spoken. The three that were shouting the loudest, contributing the least, and threatening to break up the community are ostracized, and will be ostracized until they learn to use their inside voices and are ready to join the rest of us at the grownups table.
Spaceman Opus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #109
GradyE
Hybrid Angel

Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck The GradyE 

Quote:

Pep (I now note that Grady is hiding behind majority rule by the mods to consider reinstaemnt of Immy.)
Hello Pep.
That seems to be a rather large cross you've nailed yourself to. Looks comfy tho.

You strike me as highly intelligent, acerbic and quite witty. Normally a person like that would be welcomed here with open arms. There is however the issue of that rather enormous chip on your shoulder. I don't think it was us that put it there.

You seem to have very high expectations of how the mods here should do things, I am so sorry we have disappointed you.

But wait, perhaps we didn't. Given your brag over on the SL forums it would seem that we in fact gave you exactly what you wanted.

You're welcome.

We (mods and community) have high expectations too. We expect that people join up here because they want to join us for the lulz, discussions, shitfights, duels, tech info etc. We do not expect that people will come here to flip us the bird and shit on the carpet and pretend that they have made some kind of point.

It's too bad really.

For myself, I don't think you'll be getting out of here anytime soon.

Perhaps you might want to call these guys.They could like, give us a ticket or something.

http://www.policegiftshop.co.uk/SiteData/Default/Products/Images/XL/Wooden_Toy_Police_Station.jpg
GradyE is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users are now drooling and mumbling about pie:
3 users say thanks:
3 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 12-20-2009, 08:07 PM   #110
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyE View Post
You seem to have very high expectations of how the mods here should do things, I am so sorry we have disappointed you.
Actually I had very low expectations from my first little visit, and rather than being disappointed my expectations were right on the mark.

Quote:
But wait, perhaps we didn't. Given your brag over on the SL forums it would seem that we in fact gave you exactly what you wanted.
Like buying a lottery expected, I didn't get what I wanted but I got what I expected.

Quote:
We (mods and community) have high expectations too. We expect that people join up here because they want to join us for the lulz, discussions, shitfights, duels, tech info etc. We do not expect that people will come here to flip us the bird and shit on the carpet and pretend that they have made some kind of point.
"Pretend" that I have some sort of a point? Your own actions (and I would highlight the over-emotional tirade in your "Apres moi le deluge" post have reinforced the point I wanted to make. On my first visit I was arbitrarily "punished" before I had been given the chance to make any sort of contribution and when I turned up this time with some perceptive comments on the arbitrariness of modding, rather than offering sympathy to you poor, hard done by, overworked mods (if the forum is unmoderated how come you have such a hard time?) I was summarily despatched here without any indication from a mod that saying similar things to several other posters was unacceptable if you have a reputation for annoying idiots in other forums without getting punished.

Pep (The longer I stay in here, the longer your membership will be reminded of your arbitrary approach to modding; I'm more than happy to use The Cornfield as a soap box - and if Love has it on ignore all the better.)

Old 12-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #111
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

That one sentence should be: Like buying a lottery ticket, I didn't get what I wanted but I got what I expected.

Pep (No editing facilities here.)

Old 12-21-2009, 01:16 AM   #112
GradyE
Hybrid Angel

Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck The GradyE 

"On my first visit I was arbitrarily "punished" before I had been given the chance to make any sort of contribution"

Ahhh, persecution complex, I get it. In fact I believe you were warned, or perhaps admonished. That hardly constitutes punished.

Thing is, we all belong to a wider community, of which is merely a part. Except for newbs and anonymous trolls, the longer we participate in this wider community the more we develop our reputation, whatever it might be. Your reputation proceeded you and you were not in fact treated quite the way most new members are. If you wish to call that punishment, or arbitrariness you are perfectly free to do so. I am also perfectly free not to care.
GradyE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #113
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

Quote:
"On my first visit I was arbitrarily "punished" before I had been given the chance to make any sort of contribution"

In fact I believe you were warned, or perhaps admonished. That hardly constitutes punished.
"I believe"? So you are unsure? Actually, you are completely wrong, but why should that stop you believing what you do? I was not warned, not admonished (unless you count Mulch's normal posturing) and summarily "punished" by borking, the arbitrary action of a renegade mod - can you see a pattern here?

While the cat's away the mice will play, eh? Last night I had my attention drawn to the post (it was pretty well hidden away) where the mod who has recently resigned (she at least recognised her incompetence as a mod, something the rest of you have failed to do as yet) had stated that in Leck's absence the mods had unilaterally decided to act by majority consensus (of themselves, not the community) and to use The Cornfield for purposes other than that which Leck had specifically defined, and which he had stated should only be his prerogative. A bit like Saddam Hussein's Republican Guards having free rein after he was captured, eh - but not for long.

Quote:
Thing is, we all belong to a wider community, of which is merely a part. Except for newbs and anonymous trolls, the longer we participate in this wider community the more we develop our reputation, whatever it might be. Your reputation proceeded you and you were not in fact treated quite the way most new members are. If you wish to call that punishment, or arbitrariness you are perfectly free to do so. I am also perfectly free not to care.
How philosophical. I have a feeling that Mulch and several others would take issue with you on the appropriateness of actions in other forums - or are you suggesting that we make our full onlne and real world CVs available so that the omnipotent mods can appear to make their decisions appear less arbitrary? Or maybe you are saying that stating a reasoned and justified opinion is less forceful if you have only a few postings than the arbitrary over-reactions of those with thousands? Christine Keeler's catch phrase seems to apply.

Pep ("you were not in fact treated quite the way most new members are" ROFLMAO )

PS Are you Scylla's alt? You both seem to have the same problem with "proceeded" and "preceded"?

Old 12-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #114
prinţesă nina
Banned

Rez Date:

well since immy and lias are out of the pokey im going to put the cornfield on ignore.
have a nice life pep.
prinţesă nina is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #115
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

Quote:
well since immy and lias are out of the pokey im going to put the cornfield on ignore.
have a nice life pep.
Yet another benefit.

Pep (It must be Christmas.)

Old 12-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #116
Imnotgoing Sideways
-

My Mood:
Awards Showcase

There's a certain charm to Pep's lack of charm. I have to say; it's probably brutal for the crowd to deal with, but, many of his posts make me laugh... Even his harsh ones. (^_^)

From what I see, the fatal mistake is taking him too seriously and personally. After monitoring consistencies in his posting style, I eventually got the joke. (^_^)

I can't mute or ignore him. He's too much fun. He's like a Welsh John Cleese with no script. =^-^=

Immy ( Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'll never know. =^-^= )
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 12-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #117
Scylla Rhiadra
Deeply Over-emotional

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
"I believe"? So you are unsure? Actually, you are completely wrong, but why should that stop you believing what you do? I was not warned, not admonished (unless you count Mulch's normal posturing) and summarily "punished" by borking, the arbitrary action of a renegade mod - can you see a pattern here?

While the cat's away the mice will play, eh? Last night I had my attention drawn to the post (it was pretty well hidden away) where the mod who has recently resigned (she at least recognised her incompetence as a mod, something the rest of you have failed to do as yet) had stated that in Leck's absence the mods had unilaterally decided to act by majority consensus (of themselves, not the community) and to use The Cornfield for purposes other than that which Leck had specifically defined, and which he had stated should only be his prerogative. A bit like Saddam Hussein's Republican Guards having free rein after he was captured, eh - but not for long.

How philosophical. I have a feeling that Mulch and several others would take issue with you on the appropriateness of actions in other forums - or are you suggesting that we make our full onlne and real world CVs available so that the omnipotent mods can appear to make their decisions appear less arbitrary? Or maybe you are saying that stating a reasoned and justified opinion is less forceful if you have only a few postings than the arbitrary over-reactions of those with thousands? Christine Keeler's catch phrase seems to apply.

Pep ("you were not in fact treated quite the way most new members are" ROFLMAO )

PS Are you Scylla's alt? You both seem to have the same problem with "proceeded" and "preceded"?

They can send people to the moon, but they can't build a simple "Yawn" button for an internet forum?

How very questionable are our priorities, eh?
Scylla Rhiadra is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #118
Ishina
I Am Neda

Awards Showcase
Cudgel of Wisdom 28th 

Arrogance is such a massive turn off
Ishina is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 12-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #119
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scylla Rhiadra View Post
They can send people to the moon, but they can't build a simple "Yawn" button for an internet forum?

How very questionable are our priorities, eh?
Still hanging around, eh?

Pep (Do you *have* any willpower?)

Old 12-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #120
Pep
That guy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishina View Post
Arrogance is such a massive turn off
I agree. Assertiveness, on the other hand must be considered very sexy by females, otherwise why would they spend so much money on classes in it?

Pep (Those with an inferiority complex, of course, perceive self-confidence as arrogance.)