Old 05-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Oryx Tempel

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 
Total Awards: 1
Default Miryam's Lover

Part I.

Miryam woke up embarrassed and flushed. Not that it mattered; she was alone on her pallet in her little corner of the house. Her aging parents still slept, perhaps dreaming of their younger days. She herself had been dreaming of Yosef, or thought she might have been. It was certainly a vivid dream, at any rate! Yosef’s hands had roamed her virgin body, fondling her budding breasts and caressed her flat young belly. She was rather disappointed that her dream had been interrupted by the waking village, but the splash and thunk of the well told her that people were stirring, and that she must wash before the day got too hot and dusty.

Today was the biggest day in her young life: she was to be officially betrothed to Yosef, the husband that her parents had chosen. Miryam had met him only once before, and he seemed nice, a gentle man with large hands rather more suited to stroking the rough planks of his trade than the skin of his child-bride. For he was old, so old, was Yosef! He had to be at least twenty-five, and had never taken a girl to wed. Miryam, at twelve, would be his first bride, as was custom.

Later that day, as she held his hand for the first time during the small erusin ceremony, she gazed up into Yosef’s kindly face and noted the sawdust in his curly beard, and thought that she could make a life with this man. As she did so, she could swear that she felt a rough palm rasp over her nipples, hardening them and sending a little thrill into the pit of her belly.

Yosef, for his part, could barely believe his luck. Here was this lovely dove, this shy blonde (where had THAT come from, he wondered; had old Hannah fucked a Roman to fill her barren womb?) babe, this succulent and tight young bud, and she was gazing up at him with a little fear and a little fondness, and he felt his cock stiffen under his (thank God!) long tunic.

He’d had his share of the village sluts, as was accepted in the long interim between manhood and marriage, but he’d never had a woman to call his own, to fulfill his duty to be fruitful and multiply. He greatly anticipated a serene home with a happy young wife and babes crawling around his ankles. He was grateful to her parents for giving Miryam to him; as their only child, she was dear to their hearts, and they arranged her betrothal a little sadly and very carefully. Yosef had been scrutinized and vetted by old Joachim and Hannah within a fingerbreadth of his life; only when they were satisfied that he stood well in the little community and would take care of their daughter, did they consent to the match. As he handed Joachim the erusin contract, Yosef said a silent prayer of thankfulness.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
Oryx Tempel

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Part II.

That night, Miryam lay awake, staring up into the darkness of the plain little house. Her parents snored in the opposite corner, small mercy, for Miryam was not sleeping quietly – no, not at all! She had been dreaming again of Yosef, and had woken herself with a small moan as his phantom hands pinched her nipples. Now, to her horror, she felt the hands continue to stroke her body even though she was alert and blinking. Under her blanket, her nightdress slipped up over her flanks, and the hands slid across her belly, brushing the undersides of her small breasts. She stifled a shriek as a breath of air tickled her ear and whispered her name in the darkened room. A phantom mouth planted light kisses along her jaw before moving to her lips, slipping an invisible tongue between them. Hands (how many now? Three? Four?) roamed her body, creating a roaring in her blood so that she could barely hear herself moan in terror and arousal. They slid down her legs, over her belly, and around her breasts, pinching and stroking and teasing. A hand dabbled at the new hair between her legs, pressing her thighs apart. Miryam started up as fingers reached her clitoris, stroking and flicking it. She writhed in the grasp of these hands, now caressing her whole body, now kissing, now tickling, now smoothing. A voice filled her head, a voice that she knew was not her own, and the voice said, “MIRYAM. FOREVER MINE, FOREVER VIRGIN.” And then all was quiet. The touching stopped, the tongues left her ears and lips, and the bedclothes were still; Miryam panted in confused desire and unfulfilled sex.

She became accustomed to these nocturnal visits by her invisible lover; indeed, she spent each day longing for the darkness of night and for her body to be played to new climax by silent hands and whispering breath. She had become a wanton woman while keeping her virginity intact. Her lover had not yet broken that most fragile and ridiculous proof of innocence, but Miryam was fast approaching her own breaking point, drenching her blankets each night with lust and longing for that final and penultimate thrust. Yosef and her parents knew nothing of the visitations – she dared tell no one, for demons and witches still wandered the land, and she would be thought possessed. She daydreamed now of cocks and tongues, and cast interested eyes on the men in her village when they came to worship at the Temple where she was consecrated virgin. They noticed her gazes, heretofore so shy as to be painful, and they felt stirrings in their loins when her eyes strayed speculatively southward.

As she knelt one day in the Temple, during the long sultry afternoon, Miryam was surprised to see a man stride in the sanctified room reserved solely for the virgins of the Temple. He was very tall and his black hair glistened in oiled curls so clean that they shone. As a matter of fact, his linen tunic was blindingly white as well, and she had to squint in the long sunlight to properly focus on the man. He stopped before her and stood, eyeing her with interest. He stood so long and so silently, so stilly, that she began to be afraid, and sweat trickled down her ribcage as she lowered her frightened gaze to the floor. Finally, after an eternity, he spoke. “Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you.” Miryam started as her invisible lover suddenly cupped his hands over her breasts and gently squeezed her nipples. She looked wildly around the room, seeing no one but this stranger before her. She looked up at the shining man questioningly, and he said, “Do not be afraid, Miryam, for you have found favor with God.” (Her lover kissed the back of her neck gently.) “And now, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you will name him Jesus.” (Invisible hands caressed her warm belly.) “He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his ancestor David. He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”

Flustered Miryam asked, “How can this be, since I am a virgin?” She thought wildly of her parents and of Yosef – what would they say? Would Yosef be the father of this child?

The stranger, whose dark skin seemed to absorb all the light in the room just as his tunic reflected it, said, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be holy; he will be called Son of God.” (A thick, oh dear Lord, how thick, rod probed at her cunt, teasing and alarming her.) The man before her chuckled knowingly and winked at her. “He’s had time to practice, my dear. We can all attest to that.” She stared disbelieving at him, and he smiled and answered her unspoken question, “Of course. It’s a regular Roman orgy up in Heaven. He’s a horny little devil, He is, and spreads His love wide. We all receive Him, if you catch my drift. But you, you’re special. You’re the only one who will bear His fruit.

“And now, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son; and this is the sixth month for her who was said to be barren. For nothing will be impossible with God. Go visit with her and prepare to meet your Maker.”

Dizzying fear engulfed her as she replied, rather formally, “Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word,” whereupon the angel Gabriel smiled, and her invisible lover took her face in His hands and tenderly kissed her lips. Miryam fainted.
Oryx Tempel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
Oryx Tempel

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Part III.

Yosef gave his assent and packed young Miryam off to her backwater cousin Elizabeth with dispatch, for he had heard the rumors and speculations of his betrothed from the men in Nazareth. She had been acting rather too mature for her tender years, and Yosef was glad to send her to her staid relative. He impatiently awaited their wedding day, only months away.

Elizabeth’s house in the hills of Judea caught the cool, acacia-scented breezes and presided peacefully over their small valley filled with goats and sheep. Miryam had her own small room with large windows open to the night, and after a joyous reunion supper with much talk, wine and thanksgiving, she withdrew to her pallet. She nervously pulled her nightdress from her body and smoothed sweet olive oil across her skin. She’d never drunk much wine before, as her elderly parents tended to abstain, and now she was lightheaded and a little giddy. She lay down on the freshly stuffed pallet and drew a light sheet over herself, feeling the starlight gleam coolly down upon her.

Suddenly, a brilliant white light filled her room, sending bright beams streaming from her window out into the night. Miryam cried out, shielding her eyes even as the light dissembled into the form of a dark little man that smiled down at her. His thick hair tumbled over his head and even down His spine, and tiny nubbed horns peeked from the curls. He was entirely naked and Miryam stared with terror at His jutting cock as He tossed away a tin flute that He had been playing. He advanced to her bedside and knelt there, gently taking her hand. “MIRYAM, MY BELOVED. IT HAS BEEN FAR TOO LONG SINCE I HAVE TAKEN A MORTAL BRIDE. NOT FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS HAVE I CHOSEN ONE TO BEAR MY SON. YOU, MY DEAR, ARE FAR TOO DELECTABLE TO LEAVE TO MAN,” whereupon God joined her on the pallet, leaning over her, stretching the length of her.

Miryam closed her eyes and sent a little thought of sorrow out to Yosef for what she was doing, and gave herself up to God. His touch was gentle yet firm, as hands that she had known over the past months now stroked and teased with the warmth of reality. His kisses tasted of wine and cinnamon, of crushed grass and the secret glade, of the dewy flesh of recently ravished nymphs, and His tongue darted between her lips, tasting her own breath. He lowered His head to nibble at her nipples, pulling them erect even as His cock prodded urgently at her thigh.

Miryam moaned and pulled Him closer, over her. She spread her thighs and He knelt between them, worshipping at her virgin temple. He played her clitoris with the skill of a virtuoso and soon she was writhing on the pallet, spilling her juices over His wiry beard. He glanced up at her, smiling brightly. God raised Himself over her and guided His cock, dancing to its own unheard tune, beaded with golden pre-ejaculate, to her glistening labia. Miryam stared up at Him, wild and terrified and lustful, and nodded. And then suddenly that huge cock was thrusting its way, pressing into her, breaking that last barrier, and filling her, filling her life, filling her soul, as God fucked her to the world’s best orgasm since Leda fucked a swan.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
Oryx Tempel

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Part IV.

In the coming nights, God came to Miryam in His various forms, filling her with golden seed. He scorched her as Vulcan; He plied her with Krishna’s flute; He used Coyote’s tongue to great advantage; He shot Thor’s lightning into her womb, and He rocked her to sleep in His massive Gaian arms. Over the weeks and months that she stayed with blissfully unaware Elizabeth, Miryam drank gallons of God-spunk and experienced a renaissance of sex literally never known before, nor known since. There wasn’t a part of her body that hadn’t been poked and filled and defiled by God’s lusty cock and she developed a golden sheen to her skin, as His semen coated her body and was absorbed into her pores.

As happens during the natural process of things, Miryam’s belly began to swell and her breasts tightened the front of her simple dress. Poor Zechariah and Elizabeth, askance at shirking their duty of guarding their young cousin, swiftly packed her off, back to Nazareth. Hannah and Joachim blanched when Miryam presented her bulging belly to them, smiling through a milky gleam. They eyed their golden daughter, her blonde hair shimmering with iridescent semen (was that the first known use of highlights? We’ll never know.) and vowed that she was now Yosef’s Problem.

Shaking with rage, Yosef stormed into Joachim’s small house, and slapped Miryam so hard that her head rocked back. Already the town was buzzing that she had been seen on the outskirts of town, sucking off a massive blond Druid who looked vaguely tree-like. Yosef demanded that the erusin contracted be nullified, as his betrothed was obviously a slut in the highest order. The quaking parents only nodded miserably, thinking ahead to the long years of social ostracism. Miryam collapsed in shame and fear to the floor, shining tears streaming down her face. Yosef snarled at her, kicked her in the ribs, then strode from the house, cursing God.

When your fiancé has been screwing her way through the pantheon, even if you don’t know it’s the pantheon, you’re bound to be furious. God, fortunately, is a very understanding deity, and so He sent down that patient spirit, Gabriel, to Yosef in a dream. “Yosef, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife, for the child conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” When Yosef awoke, he decided that to do God’s bidding was probably prudent, and returned to Joachim’s house, graciously offering to accept Miryam in her disgraced state.

And so Yosef and Miryam were married under the chupah, her belly swelling for all to see, but the townsfolk had heard of Yosef’s dream, and so were quiet, even though they muttered in the privacy of their houses. And every night, God made it clear that Miryam was never to belong to Yosef in body or soul, as He appeared in their small bedroom and raised Miryam to ecstasy in His many forms. Yosef burned to see her writhing and moaning joyfully in God’s embrace, floating in midair as God’s golden semen rained down upon her huge belly. Yosef took to sleeping in his workshop, fisting his own mortal cock to a miserable and dissatisfied conclusion, picturing Miryam, his beautiful Miryam, on her knees, multiple forms of God at either end, thrusting, fucking, using that firm young flesh to her everlasting delight.

In due time, the babe was born, a squalling thing that Yosef must needs support, much as a bewildered sparrow must support the cowbird chick that has hatched in its nest. One night, as the child slept in its crib in the next room, Yosef swallowed his pride and stayed in the room while God visited Miryam. He accepted, with a nod to God, that Miryam would never be his, and that his fate would be forever a footnote in history. At the moment that this startlingly calm thought crossed his mind, God glanced over and smiled lovingly at Yosef. Before Yosef’s eyes, God divided Himself and even as He tongued Miryam’s dulcet cunt, the newly separate part of Him transformed to a lovely young siren, cool and clear and silvery-tongued, who swayed over toward Yosef and knelt before him, enclosing his human cock into Her all-knowing mouth. As She utilized an infinite time’s worth of experience in Her art, She looked up at Yosef and winked, and the male half of God grinned over at him. Yosef closed his eyes and sighed a prayer of thanksgiving as God gave him the best blowjob of his life.

From that day forward, the village of Nazareth marveled at the glad cries of both Miryam and Yosef coming from the small house as God screwed them both to an extremely happy ending.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
IsaDaft Trollop
Lady of Darkmere

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to IsaDaft Trollop Send a message via Skype™ to IsaDaft Trollop
Awards Showcase
Kiss of Perfection 28th 
Total Awards: 2

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what to say.
IsaDaft Trollop is offline   Reply With Quote
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:

Old 05-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
Oryx Tempel

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Trout says I'm going to Hell.
5 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:
2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 05-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
Elora Lunasea
Tolerant Cat Mistress

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
Cooking Goddess 28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 3

I think I TP'd into that Sim the other night by accident.

P.S. Tell Trout Jews don't believe in a hell.

http://eloralunasea.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elora_lunasea/
Elora Lunasea is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:

Old 05-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #8
JohnnyVann
Rocky Mountain Hi! :wave:

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx Tempel View Post
Trout says I'm going to Hell.
He doesn't want to be alone. He's a lawyer, remember?
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 05-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #9
Ayu Sura

Awards Showcase
Cooking Goddess 5k trainwreck 

:jaw dropped:

You wrote that? LOLOL

eta: Very well written but evillll - great, now Joseph and Mary are going to be forever tainted in my mind. :shakefist:
You are coated with an Encrusted Foul-Smelling, Sparkly Substance.

- excerpt from You Awaken in Razor Hill

Last edited by Ayu Sura; 05-22-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Ayu Sura is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says thanks:

Old 05-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #10
Trout
Has the moves like Jagger

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Man.

You crack one joke about how God must have been a hard act to follow for Joseph and this is what you get.
Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:

Old 05-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #11
Phoenix Psaltery
Down to Five Toes

Rez Date: Feb 25, 2005
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Don't be ridiculous. Women in the Bible didn't have clitorises. (Clitorii?)

They wouldn't have had nipples if they didn't need them to feed their six-year-old children.

P2
And everything is green and submarine...
Phoenix Psaltery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #12
JohnnyVann

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Psaltery View Post
Don't be ridiculous. Women in the Bible didn't have clitorises. (Clitorii?)

They wouldn't have had nipples if they didn't need them to feed their six-year-old children.

P2
Quote:
Noun

clitoris (plural clitorises or clitorides)
JohnnyVann is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
Phoenix Psaltery
Down to Five Toes

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyVann View Post
I WAS BEING FACETIOUS.

P2

Old 05-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #14
Elora Lunasea
Tolerant Cat Mistress

My Mood:
Awards Showcase

Johnny has a habit of giving out info as if we all didn't know about Google yet
3 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:

Old 05-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #15
Bard Jameson
Made my hair into a hat!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elora Lunasea View Post
Johnny has a habit of giving out info as if we all didn't know about Google yet
Well, I certainly didn't know that "clitorides" was a valid plural of clitoris, so thanks Johnny.

And I rather like the word. Sounds like a small tropical island archipelago...as in...

"My wife and I will be vacationing in the Clitorides this winter to escape the cold."

Baratia Island - Come Enjoy Your Second Life with Us!

Home to Atia Creations Skins, Makeup and More - Come see what The New Girl is making

Check our Event Calendar and come join the fun!
Bard Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #16
JohnnyVann

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Quote:
I WAS BEING FACETIOUS.

P2
1: joking or jesting often inappropriately : waggish <just being facetious>

2: meant to be humorous or funny : not serious <a facetious remark>

(Emphasis added)
JohnnyVann is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user offers hugs:

Old 05-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #17
Phoenix Psaltery
Down to Five Toes

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard Jameson View Post
Well, I certainly didn't know that "clitorides" was a valid plural of clitoris, so thanks Johnny.

And I rather like the word. Sounds like a small tropical island archipelago...as in...

"My wife and I will be vacationing in the Clitorides this winter to escape the cold."

I think it sounds like the name of the proprietor of a Greek delicatessen.

"Clitorides' Gyros Hut"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyVann View Post
1: joking or jesting often inappropriately : waggish <just being facetious>

2: meant to be humorous or funny : not serious <a facetious remark>

(Emphasis added)
Yes... so what part of this seems out of line with my usage of the word?

P2
2 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:

Old 05-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #18
Trout

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

I love gyros. Some day I'm going to find out where I can buy that giant skerew of gyro meat that they slice your gyros off of and I'm going to buy it and bring it home and then just gnaw on it until it's gone or I explode.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #19
Oryx Tempel

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

It's remarks like that that brings out stories like these.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #20
Bard Jameson
Made my hair into a hat!

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm waiting impatiently for a story about a guy who eats an entire skewer of gyro meat, doesn't explode, becomes the town hero, and starts a tradition that eventually kills off the entire village by cholesterol poisoning

(BTW: Your story is great! I forgot to say so earlier. Keep 'em coming! )

[pun intended]
Bard Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:

Old 05-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #21
Trout

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Quote:
The thought of me sitting in front of the tv eating an entire gyro skewer turns you on?

Unexpected, but I can only see positive benefit to me.

I'll go search Craigslist for gyro skewers. I'm not sure where else to get one.
3 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:

Old 05-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
Oryx Tempel

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

"Skewers" + "sex" + "roasted meat" = Dolcett. Ew. Just ew. You're one sick fucker, Trout.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
Trout

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Quote:
"Skewers" + "sex" + "roasted meat" = Dolcett. Ew. Just ew. You're one sick fucker, Trout.
I just wanted gyros for lunch; maybe some curly fries and a Diet Coke, too. I have no idea how this all got turned around on me like this, but I'm pretty sure I'm innocent.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #24
Jorus
Bee Bully

My Mood:

COMET FALLS FROM THE SKY EVERYONE DIES.
~fin~

"[22:15] Tracer Graves: problem is, i can manage to play a girl pretty well"

"[22:15] Kristian Ming: you don't need to play a girl very well to escort in sl"
Jorus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #25
IsaDaft Trollop
Lady of Darkmere

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to IsaDaft Trollop Send a message via Skype™ to IsaDaft Trollop
Awards Showcase
Kiss of Perfection 28th 

Here in SoCa, you can not only buy the skewers, but the meat also probably on about any city block.
IsaDaft Trollop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #26
Phoenix Psaltery
Down to Five Toes

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout View Post
The thought of me sitting in front of the tv eating an entire gyro skewer turns you on?

Unexpected, but I can only see positive benefit to me.

I'll go search Craigslist for gyro skewers. I'm not sure where else to get one.
I don't know where you'd get the big huge 10 lb skewers that they use in gyros restaurants, but here's a recipe to make your own gyros.

By the by, as all of you are reading this thread, are you hearing the word (in your head, I mean) as "jy-ros," or the correct pronounciation of "yee-ros"?

P2

Old 05-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #27
Elora Lunasea
Tolerant Cat Mistress

My Mood:
Awards Showcase

Yea, correct pronunciation is "yee-ros" but I don't know anyone that says it that way.
Here in NYC, I think if I heard anyone say it that way - even the guy cutting them behind the counter I'd be like "lol, wut?"

Old 05-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #28
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Dakota Tebaldi

I tried pronouncing it that way at a Greek diner called Minerva's in Cleveland once and the 20-something waitress had exactly that reaction. FWIW it was a good gyros.

BTW I promise I didn't read the story! *covers his eyes*

Builder
Virtual Urchin
Proud Owner of Post #5000
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:

Old 05-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #29
Elora Lunasea
Tolerant Cat Mistress

My Mood:
Awards Showcase

Quote:
I don't know where you'd get the big huge 10 lb skewers that they use in gyros restaurants, but here's a recipe to make your own gyros.

By the by, as all of you are reading this thread, are you hearing the word (in your head, I mean) as "jy-ros," or the correct pronounciation of "yee-ros"?

P2
Thanks for the link. However, I'm not so sure about it. Making it to look like meatloaf with that kind of consistency? That doesn't resemble a gyro at all. However, perhaps it's difficult to get it done the same way at home and the seasonings seem on target in that recipe more or less. I bookmarked it in any event. May try it down the road.