Banner by Summer

Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Mainland: Second Life® > General Discussion > Resident Questions and Answers

Old 04-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #1841
Elora Lunasea
Tolerant Cat Mistress

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
Cooking Goddess 28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinţesă nina View Post
registering on a website and setting myself up to be tracked down by people from my past seems like a bad idea imo
Nobody from my past can find me. I'm registered under my Avatar name. The only people who can get me, are those I've invited to find me

I'd NEVER register under my real name. OMFG.

http://eloralunasea.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elora_lunasea/
Elora Lunasea is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #1842
Marianne McCann
Féted Inner Child

Rez Date: Feb 22, 2006
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Marianne McCann Send a message via Skype™ to Marianne McCann
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 1

Anyone know why a non-officer in the Forum Cartel was able to return my stuff from the Cartel Hangout last night?

You have received a message from Second Life:
Your object 'Spring Animal - Harry Hippo' has been returned to your inventory lost and found folder by [name redacted] from parcel 'Forum Cartel Hangout - The new home' at Allana 238, 17.

Your object 'Spring Animal - Philip Pig' has been returned to your inventory lost and found folder by [name redacted] from parcel 'Forum Cartel Hangout - The new home' at Allana 240, 17.

"There's nothing objectionable nor illegal in having a child-like avatar in itself and we must assume innocence until proof of the contrary." - Lewis PR Linden
"If you find children offensive, you're gonna have trouble in this world " - Prospero Linden
Marianne McCann is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #1843
Lula Svoboda
Celebrate Life

Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elora Lunasea View Post
*rant about the food industry*
I saw that too, Elora. It turned my stomach. What you were watching was the Oscar-nominated documentary, Food, Inc. Beyond what you already mentioned, how the food industry has bio-engineered the chicken over the years really bothered me. Also the part about feeding corn to beef cattle and how that has led to many e-coli outbreaks was equally disturbing.

I try to buy organic everything when it is available but am still looking for a good organic source of meat, poultry and fish.
Lula Svoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 04-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #1844
Damien Thorne
is usually confused

Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne McCann View Post
Anyone know why a non-officer in the Forum Cartel was able to return my stuff from the Cartel Hangout last night?

Your object 'Spring Animal - Harry Hippo' has been returned to your inventory lost and found folder by [name redacted] from parcel 'Forum Cartel Hangout - The new home' at Allana 238, 17.

Your object 'Spring Animal - Philip Pig' has been returned to your inventory lost and found folder by [name redacted] from parcel 'Forum Cartel Hangout - The new home' at Allana 240, 17.
Mari, did you contact Chris or Lil about that?
Damien Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #1845
Elora Lunasea
Tolerant Cat Mistress

My Mood:
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Thorne View Post
Didn't Lil leave as officer? I think Brann and Izdan are now the other people to contact, but I could be wrong.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #1846
Maureen Boccaccio
Wishful Thinker

Rez Date: Feb 23, 2008
My Mood:

And Mari, were you wearing your Forum Cartel tag at the time you rezzed the stuff?
Maureen Boccaccio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #1847
Elora Lunasea
Tolerant Cat Mistress

My Mood:
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula Svoboda View Post
I saw that too, Elora. It turned my stomach. What you were watching was the Oscar-nominated documentary, Food, Inc. Beyond what you already mentioned, how the food industry has bio-engineered the chicken over the years really bothered me. Also the part about feeding corn to beef cattle and how that has led to many e-coli outbreaks was equally disturbing.

I try to buy organic everything when it is available but am still looking for a good organic source of meat, poultry and fish.
Yes, that's the one. I couldn't remember the name off hand.

The chicken part really got to me also. And don't get me started about how corn is in everything these days. We couldn't believe that it's even in diapers. Diapers for cripes sake! Seems like there is nothing they can't do with that vegetable.

Buying organic just makes sense but I know it's difficult due to cost for many, and also availability. Finding small local farmers also, if possible. Growing your own (no funny jokes here. Last summer I grew tomatoes and strawberries - two of my least favorite items to purchase in the supermarket because they are notoriously awful for the most part - usually mealy, under ripe and with no flavor. Mine were freakin' awesome. I'm hoping in my new house, that I'll be able to expand into some more items.

Now - if I could only have a chicken coop lol - but my lot line is far too close to the neighbors and I'm sure it's a violation for the City I'm in :P

(See, I come off as a City girl, but I'm pretty much a closeted country girl at heart I think)

Old 04-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #1848
Ghosty
Elora's Llama

My Mood:

Quote:
I agree. The problem is that on Facebook I have friends who have nothing to do with SL, several in fact, and family members as well. I'm just not sure if leaving is the right thing to do as I do enjoy keeping in touch with them this way. One, in particular is a dear friend who lives in Australia and I don't think there is any other good way to keep in touch.
No pressure from me, love. Do your own thing.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #1849
Amaranthim Talon
Transient Being...

Rez Date: Nov 16, 2006

i hate chickens..
E- if you have ever had to live with chickens - omg - such foul fowl - they eat roaches for pete's sake!! and they smell- oh god they smell - and they are loud and obnoxious and friggin dangerous!
<--- has slight chicken phobia

http://talonfaire.blogspot.com/
Amaranthim Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users have offered hugs:

Old 04-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #1850
Elora Lunasea
Tolerant Cat Mistress

My Mood:
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
No pressure from me, love. Do your own thing.
I never feel pressure from you for anything. One of the many things I love about you

Old 04-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #1851
Damien Thorne
is usually confused

Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen Boccaccio View Post
And Mari, were you wearing your Forum Cartel tag at the time you rezzed the stuff?
The messaged that she got was that it was returned by a specific person. The same person wanted everyone to go poke at Prok.
Damien Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #1852
Lexxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Thorne View Post
Quote:
Didn't Lil leave as officer? I think Brann and Izdan are now the other people to contact, but I could be wrong.
Chris and Brann are the group owners. Lil and Izdzan are out. Not sure if either are even officers now.
Lexxi is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says thanks:

Old 04-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #1853
Marianne McCann
Féted Inner Child

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Marianne McCann Send a message via Skype™ to Marianne McCann
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Yes. I rezzed them out *ages* ago. They were returned specifically by another Cartel member (but not an officer or owner - same membership level as I).

I did leave an offline to Chris last night.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #1854
Kaimi Kyomoon
Kah-EE-mee

My Mood:

Quote:
... Truly something awful to watch (obviously, taken with hidden camera).

The second, was how immigrant workers for Smithfield Ham, were being arrested in the dark of night by Federal Agents who come armed to the hilt, literally crashing down the doors of their trailer homes.

The problem is - the executives are not the ones being arrested, the workers are. For fucks sake, who hired these people? They didn't walk into the job off the street and just start slaughtering on their own! SOMEONE hired them to work. And those *someones* are not getting in any trouble, only the illegal people do. Something is very, very wrong with that picture in my eyes.
I'm SO not a political person but this all just enraged me.
Thanks for this, Elora. All of the reasons I've ever heard for not eating meat are my reasons for not eating it. Including advice that religious meditation is easier on a meatless diet. But my number 1 reason is that I have a soft-heartedness about animals.

As for illegal workers I knew a lot of them when I worked in a beef-packing plant myself. It was very hard physical labor. At that time about 1/3 of us were Southeast Asians, legally here as a result of U.S. involvement in Viet Nam; about 1/3 were immigrants from south of the U.S. border, many of whom confessed to me that they had entered the country illegally; and the rest of us were native born USAers of all ethnicities. That last group had the biggest turnover and mostly consisted of people who would take another job in an instant if it paid as much and we could get hired. The Mexicans especially were strikingly friendly, family oriented, and decent.

We had a good union and conditions, wages, and benefits were pretty good. And I believe those who were illegal had false documents that were good enough to exonerate the company if anyone ever checked. They were not taking jobs from U.S. citizens, many, many of whom told me that they could never stand to work there.

But employers who do use cheap labor to work in bad conditions, with no benefits, find that people under threat of deportation are the easiest to exploit. It's kind of win-win for some people to have a resident sub-class who not only toil to make the haves have more but also are a convenient scapegoat to blame problems on.

Stirring up hatred in a majority population against a minority one is like lesson number two in the power-grabbers handbook.
Kaimi Kyomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users say thanks:
2 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)

Old 04-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #1855
Kaimi Kyomoon
Kah-EE-mee

My Mood:

Quote:
Yes. I rezzed them out *ages* ago. They were returned specifically by another Cartel member (but not an officer or owner - same membership level as I).

Could it be something about being "set to group"? I feel like an idiot. In my wildest dreams someone like me could not come up with any ideas about SL that you don't know 100 times more about.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #1856
Weston Graves
Werebeagle

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:

Could it have something to do with part of the Cartel land being put up for sale? Did it sell? I think I got a pop up about that, but it could have been a month ago for all I know.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #1857
Lexxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weston Graves View Post
Could it have something to do with part of the Cartel land being put up for sale? Did it sell? I think I got a pop up about that, but it could have been a month ago for all I know.
The part that sold was the land, or one of the land parcels I donated to the group. Connected to the Forum group land, but farish away from the hangout building. underwater. It did not have any prims on it.
Lexxi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #1858
prinţesă nina
Banned

Rez Date:

why is cartel land being sold off?
i dropped in recently and noticed the clubhouse and whatnot had been shuffled about.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:08 AM   #1859
Marianne McCann
Féted Inner Child

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weston Graves View Post
Nope, it wasn't that land.

Talked with Brann tonight. Between her and I, I think I've a clearer picture of what happened. Doesn't sound accidential.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:30 AM   #1860
Weston Graves
Werebeagle

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

click, click, click . . .
Weston Graves is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2010, 04:33 AM   #1861
Weston Graves
Werebeagle

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

click, click, clicky, click. . .

(Toenails clicking on the vinyl floor when doggies are restless and can't sleep. Guaranteed to drive humans mad enough to wake up and let us out.)

Old 04-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #1862
Maureen Boccaccio
Wishful Thinker

Rez Date: Feb 23, 2008
My Mood:

*yawning, stumbles downstairs, mumbling incoherently about it being far too early for humans or pooches to be awake, makes her way to the kitchen door and lets the puppy out. Smiles sleepily when the pup returns. Gives him a big hug, makes sure his paws are ok (as it's wet outside), and staggers back to bed*
Maureen Boccaccio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #1863
prinţesă nina
Banned

Rez Date:

that aint rain on his little paws...
Quote:
*yawning, stumbles downstairs, mumbling incoherently about it being far too early for humans or pooches to be awake, makes her way to the kitchen door and lets the puppy out. Smiles sleepily when the pup returns. Gives him a big hug, makes sure his paws are ok (as it's wet outside), and staggers back to bed*
prinţesă nina is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:

Old 04-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #1864
Amaranthim Talon
Transient Being...

At least Weston clicked.. My little 3 lb fur ball jumped on my head yelping to be let out this morning. Sure glad the rottie doesn't climb.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #1865
Amaranthim Talon
Transient Being...

Morning Threadworld.
Something interesting that happened last night, Damien and I paid a short visit to Inworldz. While there we met a new Resident and chatted a bit about the place. He was so impressed with IW - I made some comment about how I am used to saying. "I love our world, but now worlds" He answered, "Worlds?" I said, "Yes, SL and now IW." Well, long story short, he didn't come to IW thru SL instead thru a place called Gaia (of which I had heard but never visited). When I told him SL was just like IW but far more advanced he nearly fell over because he said Gaia was so primitive in comparison to IW. Just thought I wd share the anecdote

As far as IW goes- I now have a little store rented but must stock - and Damien and I have a little place to hang our pixel hats.

Amaranthim Talon is the happiest in two worlds!
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':

Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #1866
Claire Silverspar
With Butter On It!!!

My Mood:

Claire Silverspar pokes her head in the thread and waves.
The defies physics.
Bloggage.
Vain Flickr stuffs.
Twitterage
...4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42...4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42...4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42...4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42...4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42...4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42...4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42...4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42...
Claire Silverspar is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users are now drooling and mumbling about pie:
3 users say thanks:

Old 04-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #1867
Weston Graves
Werebeagle

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Thanks!

See? It works every time, just like when you bark at the mailman, he goes away pretty quickly.

Claire is here!
2 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:
The following user offers hugs:

Old 04-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #1868
Amaranthim Talon
Transient Being...

Yay Claire!! I also miss your pet stalker so very much

Old 04-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #1869
Claire Silverspar
With Butter On It!!!

My Mood:

He disappeared again?
Claire Silverspar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #1870
Kaimi Kyomoon
Kah-EE-mee

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthim Talon View Post
Morning Threadworld.
Something interesting that happened last night, Damien and I paid a short visit to Inworldz. While there we met a new Resident and chatted a bit about the place. He was so impressed with IW - I made some comment about how I am used to saying. "I love our world, but now worlds" He answered, "Worlds?" I said, "Yes, SL and now IW." Well, long story short, he didn't come to IW thru SL instead thru a place called Gaia (of which I had heard but never visited). When I told him SL was just like IW but far more advanced he nearly fell over because he said Gaia was so primitive in comparison to IW. Just thought I wd share the anecdote

As far as IW goes- I now have a little store rented but must stock - and Damien and I have a little place to hang our pixel hats.

Kaimi Kyomoon is the happiest in two worlds!
If any one ever discovers a vr with decent avatar meshes let me know, ok?

Old 04-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #1871
23rdDjin
trust... it's everything

Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimi Kyomoon View Post
If any one ever discovers a vr with decent avatar meshes let me know, ok?
every time i close my eyes and go to sleep...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lias
I believe your battle-stance attitude to posting on a free forum is part of your forum issues... After awhile you have to figure that it's not all of the forum owners and poster's that make up the problems you devise for yourself... Floating from forum to forum complaining, insulting the owner, demanding and proclaiming them failures is a very telling pattern of behavior.
23rdDjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:

Old 04-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #1872
Elora Lunasea
Tolerant Cat Mistress

My Mood:
Awards Showcase

So, my friend Rainy is breeding those Ozimal bunnies and called Ghosty and I to come see her set up. It's insane, what she has spent doing this and she doesn't even have a shop set up to sell the baby bunnies. I happened to mention one of them was cute, even though I think the whole thing is addictive and time consuming and of course, she handed it over to me in my inventory.

So now, I'm the bunny mama of Pink Floyd, a pink eyed, pink toed, brown and white virtual rabbit which I must love and feed or it will eventually come to it's demise.

What did I get myself into? I'm hardly in-world these days! The only good thing is that the food lasts 30 days :P

If anyone is interested in buying one (they are damn cute, and well done, and jump about very nicely) I'll give you the landmark to her huge barn where they run from something like $50L and up (the highest I saw was $800L because of it's breeding - I told you, nutty!).

Old 04-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #1873
margaret mfume

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

You've reminded me of Gnome Air episode 4, Elora.

http://www.secondcitizen.net/Forum/s...ead.php?t=6843

margaret mfume is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users laughed. The question is: Are they laughing with you, or at you?:

Old 04-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #1874
Amaranthim Talon
Transient Being...

Steely and I were there last night briefly- not impressed thou the bunnies were cute

Old 04-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #1875
Elora Lunasea
Tolerant Cat Mistress

My Mood:
Awards Showcase

LOL Margaret!!!! That was hilarious!

I swear, the store was exactly like that. A freaking lag fest, I couldn't move, couldn't even chat with my friend that brought me there.

As for the bunnies, there is no way in hell I'm buying it a mate, EVAH. I joked when she gave it to me whether it was pregnant yet already :P

Ghosty wants nothing to do with it. He left me with her and went to take a nap. Smart.
The following user offers hugs:

Old 04-24-2010, 06:29 PM   #1876
prinţesă nina
Banned

Rez Date:

and how much land has been sold off, and what happened to the proceeds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinţesă nina View Post
why is cartel land being sold off?
i dropped in recently and noticed the clubhouse and whatnot had been shuffled about.
prinţesă nina is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #1877
Joshooah Lovenkraft
Just Joshin'

My Mood:

Fun times were had at the impromptu Cartel party last evening!

Unfortunately I didn't take pics but here are some from my adventures on Captiva Island:

Joshooah Lovenkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users are now drooling and mumbling about pie:

Old 04-25-2010, 09:48 AM   #1878
Joshooah Lovenkraft
Just Joshin'

My Mood:

OMG look what I saw on Torley's Flickr stream!!! Mo has been holding out on us that she has her own product line of fine foods!!!!!!!

Joshooah Lovenkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:
2 users are now drooling and mumbling about pie:

Old 04-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #1879
Elora Lunasea
Tolerant Cat Mistress

My Mood:
Awards Showcase

I've had that Bacon Bar. It's fantastic!

Lots of fun last night for sure. The highlight was a certain month old noob who "forgot" (one never knows and she was overly friendly) her panties and you could see everything as she sat on the bar stool. Good times.
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':

Old 04-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #1880
Weston Graves
Werebeagle

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Drat! I missed a Cartel party. I was puttering.