Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Electronic Cigs and the FDA
Old 12-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
Beau Perkins
BANNED

My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to Beau Perkins
Default Electronic Cigs and the FDA

I was a smoker for 20 years. Started when I was 16. I tried quitting about 15 times since I was 30. Nothing worked. Cold turkey, Nicorette, The Patch, Mints, and numerous other methods. I spent thousands of dollars trying to quit. I would have short moments of success that never went longer than a week or so.

Until I tried E-Cigs. I can sit here and say it was been 1 month. Now the FDA is trying to stop sales of anything related to E-Cigs. The reason....it is not tested. The government is afraid it might kill me. I have to ask myself, did the FDA approve smoking? We already know THAT IS killing me, what worse outcome could e-cigs have?

I did not just jump into what is called "Vaping". I spoke to people and read tons of testimony. Many people have been vaping for years. It is just now becoming popular due to the heavy tobacco taxes. I'll talk more about those taxes in a minute.

I have never read 1 bad testimony on any forum. Not one person saying vaping caused any health issue. This was enough for me to exchange my smoking addiction to what I call a Vaping Hobby.

FDA says they found dangerous chemicals in some e-cig products. A chemical used in anti-freeze. Many doctors question the FDA decision and testing methods. I should note I know for sure my juice does not have dangerous chemicals. It is water based flavoring and Propylene Glycol. PG is used in many consumable products. Few test have been does on using it as a inhalable vapor however. Those dangerous chemicals where found in just 1 brand that is shipped from China (go figure).

Many doctors are voicing out against the FDA on its currents stance of the product.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-70265572.html

There is one such story for those who like to demand sources from me

Here is what I believe it is really about. The government is losing on tax dollars as this gets more popular. It has nothing to do with health concern. I find it very ironic that Phillip Morris is in the process of developing an E-Cig. Why do I have the suspicion that Phillip Morris will have the first FDA Approved E-Cig? Why do I have the feeling that my cheaper version will be banned on a technicality but the Phillip Morris one will be available at a much steeper cost?

Fuck em. I'll break the law to do this if I have to. As of right now I am safe but there are 2 shippers refusing to ship to my stater already because of Richard Blumenthal, the CT Surgeon General who is a big opponent of E-Cigs.

(puts a couple drops of Coffee Flavored E-Juice into his Vaporizer and takes in the delicious enjoyment)
Beau Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users say thanks:
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?