Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Mainland: Second Life® > Zindra

BLONDIN SAYS YES TO ADULT VERIFICATION CENTERS IN MAINLAND INFOHUBS!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
Lias
I am Cornholio

Rez Date: Jul 06, 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to Lias Send a message via Skype™ to Lias
Awards Showcase
Forumz Crusader 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2
Default BLONDIN SAYS YES TO ADULT VERIFICATION CENTERS IN MAINLAND INFOHUBS!

BLONDIN SAYS YES TO ADULT VERIFICATION CENTERS IN MAINLAND INFOHUBS!

A few weeks ago I sent a ticket in asking for Adult Verification Centers in mainland infohub. Today Blondin responded positively to that ticket. We are going to need to form a community committee to start the process of developing these devices and their content so we can work with the Department of Public Works to get actual dates that these systems will be active in each welcome area and infohub. Please contact Lias Leandros to volunteer to work on this project. We need a person to design a low prim/ low lag device, we need linguist to translate the information into many languages and we need a permanent Adult Verification Date Group to maintain the systems and post monthly reports.
Let’s be proactive neighbors – we need to try to get some of these active prior to the Zindra Event so we can optimize traffic.

Quote:
From Lias Leandros
Ticket Information:
Ticket #:4051-7418803
Date Created:2/24/2010 9:00 PM PDT
MAINLAND INFOHUBS AND WELCOME AREAS NEED TO HAVE ADULT VERIFICATION CENTERS INSTALLED
Since these areas have thousands of people moving through them daily, this is the most effective way to increased awareness of Zindra. I hope that this can be arranged by March 16th in time to advertise the Zindra Adult Expo properly.

Please let me know so we can get builders to pull together networked prototypes that can be chosen from for this purpose.
Unfortunately, we don't have the bandwidth internally to accomplish this. If you wanted to build out a kiosk, I could help place them around the infohubs but keep in mind, all content and images would need to be as close to PG as possible.

Blondin
Lias is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users say thanks:

Old 03-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
Fatz
Shitter's Full

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Fatz
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 1

YouTube- trigger happy tv, giant phone
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." -KFM

Plurk, AvatarsUnited, TeamFortress2.
Fatz is offline   Reply With Quote
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:
The following user says thanks:

Old 03-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

Awesome news, Lias!! Congrats, I know you have been working on this goal for awhile. Nice to see it's able to be done.
Bang Rumpus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout View Post
SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR DEMON FISH OR I'LL DEVOUR YOUR SOUL FOR DESSERT!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
Kick's internet browser history must be quite...interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyVann View Post
And when Kick says "fuck no" you know it's FUCK NO!
Kick Frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
Pussycat Catnap

Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Suggest a simple, attractive 2 prim sculpty kiosk that opens up a webpage, gives a notecard, and for SL2.0 people, displays on the 2nd prim this URL:

https://secondlife.com/my/account/ve...php?lang=en-US

Two options for the web-prim:
1. That second prim would otherwise be transparent, so that pre-2.0 people would simply see the kiosk minus the 'webscreen.'

2. The webprim has a simply texture saying 'SL 2.0 users click me to verify inworld.'

- Option 2 might be best, because many people (read: anyone with half a brain) will run with media-auto-play turned off.

The kiosk itself needs a PG design. And one not too 'specific' so it can fit on most land themes.

One thing the notecard should give out is a copy-trans-nomod version of the kiosk.

“It gets you nowhere if the other person's tail is only just in sight for the second half of the conversation.”
Pussycat Catnap is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
Gabriele Graves

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Age Verification is not necessary for Zindra access.
You can access Zindra with Payment Info Used as well.

Pointing anyone near that pile of crap that is the Aristotle Harvesting Machine should be avoided in my opinion.
Gabriele Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users agreed. You should agree too, c'mon, you know you want to. (click it, click it now!)
The following user disagrees:

Old 03-18-2010, 02:33 AM   #6
Boy Lane
Evil Dolly

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Boy Lane

I spoke to Blondin about the removal of filtered keywords like ladyboy a while ago. Which was then removed. Perhaps he's not that jerk after all. Keeping fingers crossed.
Boy Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 03-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
Pussycat Catnap

Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriele Graves View Post
Age Verification is not necessary for Zindra access.
You can access Zindra with Payment Info Used as well.

Pointing anyone near that pile of crap that is the Aristotle Harvesting Machine should be avoided in my opinion.
That's fine for a kiosk on your own land.

But this is about public infohub kiosks. Those should be developed properly, according to the way LLs desires it to work. We all have our conspiracy theories, I have my share as well. This topic isn't the place for them.

Which means sending them to Age Verification. You can always add a note at the end of the notecard that says "users uncomfortable with the above can go 'here' instead and enter a credit card # / paypal account. As of this writing, this alternate method still allows access to adult content."

OFF TOPIC:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Lane View Post
I spoke to Blondin about the removal of filtered keywords like ladyboy a while ago. Which was then removed. Perhaps he's not that jerk after all. Keeping fingers crossed.
Blondin is a very nice and responsive guy who has almost no power to affect any change at LLs. If he had some control over there, SL would look a lot nicer right now. That much is obvious just from paying attention to what he says, versus what he tells us he's been told to do/say.

I suspect if LLs were run by some of the Lindens we meet inworld, SL would be a heck of a lot nicer.

Last edited by Pussycat Catnap; 03-18-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Pussycat Catnap is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user disagrees:

Old 03-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #8
Gabriele Graves

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussycat Catnap View Post
That's fine for a kiosk on your own land.

But this is about public infohub kiosks. Those should be developed properly, according to the way LLs desires it to work. We all have our conspiracy theories, I have my share as well. This topic isn't the place for them.

Which means sending them to Age Verification. You can always add a note at the end of the notecard that says "users uncomfortable with the above can go 'here' instead and enter a credit card # / paypal account. As of this writing, this alternate method still allows access to adult content."
I know damn well what it is about thank you.

Your whole argument is fallacious.

1) If LL required Age Verification to be the only way then that would be the only way. Both ways are in fact "The Proper" way.
EDIT: Though I think that the "Payment Info Used" option should be pushed before the other as it does not involve giving up your personal info to a proven shill harvesting corporation.

2) Looks to me that Lias and some other residents (such as you perhaps) are pushing for this and Blondin agreed. This isn't spearheaded by LL as far as I can tell. LL has not required that this be even done let alone done this particular way.

The Age Verification system is flawed and exclusionary. Let me say that last part again, Exclusionary. There are some places in the world whose citizens cannot give the information LL wants because it is illegal for them to do so.
Here in New Zealand there are no publicly accessible databases that can be used by anyone (including Aristotle) to verify the information they require (Driving License and Passport number). We are specifically told by our government that they recommend you do not to give out this information across the internet.
This means that NOTHING CAN BE VERIFIED using the information given in some countries.

Are you going to educate the new people with this kind of information too? I sincerely hope so as they may be unwittingly breaking the laws of their own country by following advice on the proposed kiosks.

There is no harm in giving the alternatives to new people unless of course there is a hidden agenda here.

Last edited by Gabriele Graves; 03-18-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #9
Lias
I am Cornholio

Awards Showcase

The Adult Verification can be done with a debit card on file also - I believe. I hope those in New Zealand have access to a disposable debit card, at least.
This user groaned at this post:

Old 03-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #10
Gabriele Graves

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lias View Post
The Adult Verification can be done with a debit card on file also - I believe. I hope those in New Zealand have access to a disposable debit card, at least.
Do you in fact read anything properly?

That is what my entire post is about, that the Payment Info Used should be at least equally promoted instead of just pushing the Aristotle crap. Plus some information about what giving your information to Artistole might mean to some people in some countries so that you are not getting them to break laws or give out information that cannot possibly be verified.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #11
Lias
I am Cornholio

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Do you in fact read anything properly?
When you open your responses with insults - the subjct we are trying to discuss gets lost in the emotional responses that follow.

Quote:
That is what my entire post is about, that the Payment Info Used should be at least equally promoted instead of just pushing the Aristotle crap.
Well, it will be - once we make the notecards and have them trans;ated into many languages. The only goal is to get people past the Zindra Firewall - any means necessary.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #12
Gabriele Graves

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
When you open your responses with insults - the subjct we are trying to discuss gets lost in the emotional responses that follow.
There was no insult.
However, if you show consistently that you are unaware of the content of what others are posting and come out with stupid comments then you should expect this kind of response.

Quote:
Well, it will be - once we make the notecards and have them trans;ated into many languages. The only goal is to get people past the Zindra Firewall - any means necessary.
Good because that is not clear from all the postings I have seen. I would expect there to be more than just notecards. If the web media is going to be used then a link to the Payment Info Update screen should be present also.

Otherwise, thank you. It is good to get a statement of intent about it at least.
This user laughed so hard that they peed a little:

Old 03-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #13
Lias
I am Cornholio

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Good because that is not clear from all the postings I have seen.
You are just reading what you want into the term 'adult verification'.
Quote:
I would expect there to be more than just notecards. If the web media is going to be used then a link to the Payment Info Update screen should be present also.
That would be an upgrade in the future when viewer 2.0 becomes stable.
Quote:
Otherwise, thank you. It is good to get a statement of intent about it at least.
You would do fine if you did not insist upon staring these discussions so passive agressively. Wading thru your 'do you read properly' and 'stupid comments' statements to get to the actually question is not necessary (even though, yes, I am at the point that I expect this type of response from you - and can help you get to where you are going without engageing in your insult game).
This user groaned at this post:

Old 03-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #14
Gabriele Graves

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Lias cut the crap, you have repeatedly shown you are capable of hurling insults and being aggressive both passively and actually for no apparent reason. Don't try the holier than thou shit with me. You know why I am like it with you and you have no right to expect anything else.

If you think that being called out for not reading something and then commenting on it as if it said something *you* dreamed up, is an insult then FFS toughen up because you are really going to get butt hurt when I do decide to insult you.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #15
Gabriele Graves

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

Quote:
You are just reading what you want into the term 'adult verification'.
No, it is because it was not clear. End of Story.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #16
Kick Frenzy
Rumpcious

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 

So...

Kiosks will have media for Aristotle for 2.0 users, yes? The thing that Pussycat mentioned. It sounds like a great idea. Although, I just realized it may be for a security issue that there wouldn't be one for entering billing information. Not sure if that's safe in 2.0 or not.

hrm

So, nevermind what I was saying. Maybe just have the info available for now if that security thing isn't 100% secure. If it is, then yeah... throw up a prim for each method. Alternatively, it could be included in a HUD maybe?

Either way, Lias, you've been really hitting this hard. While I don't have anything really vested in this currently, I hope to some day and I appreciate the work you've put in.

But it sounds like you both ended up basically saying you just want to present as much info as possible. So good. We're agreed. yay.

Anyhoo.. I don't know how quick it could be done, but I really like the Zindra Expo HUD (Ze Hud! (zay HOOD)) idea.

Last edited by Kick Frenzy; 03-20-2010 at 01:30 AM. Reason: added a, ")"
Kick Frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote