Govi
Ça va chier.

Rez Date: Mar 06, 2004
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2
Default iOS7

Per this article, iOS7 can be installed on an iPhone 4S. If true, what will be involved? Is it likely to cripple the iPhone 4S? Does it solve problems that the iPhones have with email: not being able to mass delete email, for example? Will it allow forwarding of voice mail?
Govi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
Dakota Tebaldi
Modern Urchin

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Dakota Tebaldi

I do not know! I know that some peeps have been helping to beta it for the last couple of months; I suppose you'll have to look and see if any of their articles say so.

It is a bit annoying to have to clean out a large folder full of emails. scrolltap-tap-tap-tapscrolltap-tap-tap-tap...

Having an iPod, the telephony features of the iOS are of no consequence to me. But as for the other features - well I for one am looking forward to the dropping of all that skeuomorphic silliness that Jobs insisted on.

Builder
Virtual Urchin
Proud Owner of Post #5000
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says thanks:
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 09-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
Govi
Ça va chier.

Rez Date: Mar 06, 2004
My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2

I have a BlackBerry Torch, which has none of the problems my husband's iPhone has. My husband went from a BlackBerry Storm2 to the iPhone 4S and was shocked at how primitive the email handling is. He does like the screen's clarity and the ease of use of the keyboard. Oh, another frustration: the primitive auto-correct of the iPhone. Again, BlackBerry's is sweetness and joy by comparison.

Does iOS7 fix any of these gripes? I know people gripe about the iPhone's auto-correct, except as a source of typographic humor.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
Joshooah Lovenkraft
Just Joshin'

My Mood:

This outlines the feature set for ios7 and is a simple upgrade from your settings menu. Some features like in-camera filters and air drop will only work on the iPhone 5 and up. I haven't heard of any changes to the standard email app or being able to forward voicemail.

• Not all features are available on all devices.
  1. Panorama format is available on iPhone 4s or later and iPod touch (5th generation). Square and video formats and swipe to capture are available on iPhone 4 or later, iPad (3rd generation or later), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
  2. Filters in Camera are available on iPhone 5 or later and iPod touch (5th generation). Filters in Photos are available on iPhone 4 or later, iPad (3rd generation or later), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
  3. AirDrop is available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires an iCloud account.
  4. Siri is available on iPhone 4s or later, iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires Internet access. Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply. New female and male voices will be available initially in U.S. English, French, and German.
  5. Find My iPhone enables you to locate iOS devices only when they are on and connected to a registered Wi-Fi network or have an active data plan. Some features may not be available for all countries or all areas.
  • iCloud requires iOS 5 or later on iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch (3rd generation or later), iPad, or iPad mini; a Mac computer with OS X Lion v10.7.5 or later; or a PC with Windows 7 or Windows 8 (Outlook 2007 or later or an up‑to‑date browser is required for accessing email, contacts, and calendars). Some features require iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks. Some features require a Wi‑Fi connection. Some features are not available in all countries. Access to some services is limited to 10 devices.
Joshooah Lovenkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says thanks: