Banner by Troy Vogel

And Finally...
Old 03-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #1
Kirstens Viewer's Bot
Banned

Default And Finally...

Alas the crowdfunder did not reach it's target, it is perhaps unfortunate that the funding pitch came at a time where I have limited internet and could not make more of a song and dance about it...
But should I need too?
I had a review of previous downloads and stats over the last year from the site it had 280 thousand unique visitors, 30 million page views and consumed 3256 gigabytes of data.
The downloads of the clients varied of course but on average between 6000 to 8000 downloads were made per version. Last week sourceforge registered 217 downloads of an older client!
Looking at actual unique login statistics provided by the Lab itself we find a good 3 to 4 thousand people used the viewer on a very regular basis.

Looking at the positive side we did have a small but VERY generous bunch of funders and all things considered 28% of the target was none too shoddy, to those people I thank you Crowdfunder should be in contact with you with refunding info as I write this.
I do wonder if the 217 people who downloaded the old client last week from sourceforge ever decided to fund.. we will never know.

Anyway perhaps the biggest shame is what I consider the missed opportunity, many times groups or organisations have contacted me with requests for customised clients to suit specific needs this funding pitch would have been perfect for such an endeavour.
Or groups with a common interest or goal could have got together and collectively funded the project with the goal of adding specific features.

Enough rambling, lets tie up the loose ends and finish this.

Many many Thanks to Everyone who has supported this viewer you know who you are.
The website forums will be closed, and the site will close at the end of December.

PS. I will no longer have the time ( or inclination ) to develop anymore, on January the 1st I start a new job, and will be busy looking after my nearest and dearest.

Warmest Regards and wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
KL (KirstenLee Cinquetti) aka Lee :D

More...
Kirstens Viewer's Bot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 1

Fox, this RSS is broken and needs killing.

The feral rabbit horde edged forward.

Pooh stepped over the decapitated corpse of Eeyore. There would be time for mourning afterwards.

Flanked by Tigger and Roo, they met the ravening rabbits in pitched battle.
Lucifer Baphomet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
Admin Bunneh
^Evil^
...ate Fox Stirling

My Mood:

I see that O.o
Admin Bunneh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
JohnnyVann
Rocky Mountain Hi! :wave:

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 

Old 03-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
Lucifer Baphomet
Marxist Dictator

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
5k trainwreck 

I banned it and deleted the duplicate threads it was spawning.
Lucifer Baphomet is offline   Reply With Quote