Banner by GradyE

Go Back   Second Citizen MK II > The Mainland: Second Life® > Business and Economy

Question from a Noob Part Deux
Old 03-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2
Default Question from a Noob Part Deux

K, I set up my gallery.

I was paid a sum of L$ to cover a graphic I'm doing in RL. I could use the cash for a couple of things.

I have a $9/month account.

They won't let me sell the L$ and get cash.

That's part the one.

Part the deux:

I connected my credit card [aka the debit card associated w/ my main checking account] to the SL account, as well [although I paid my first month's membership from Paypal], in order to perhaps facilitate them giving me my fracking money, and they just took $1 out of my checking account today [but still won't allow me to exchange the L$s]. Why?

"...he may know what he actually meant, but we certainly cannot. It's like some biblical quote pulled at random from Revelations and used to support Jesus wielding Colt 45s and riding a tyrannosaurus rex at the Final Battle, only much shorter and bilingual. Maybe." ~Govi
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
23rdDjin
trust... it's everything

Awards Showcase
No Fear 28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
K, I set up my gallery.

I was paid a sum of L$ to cover a graphic I'm doing in RL. I could use the cash for a couple of things.

That's part the one.

Part the deux:

I connected my credit card [aka the debit card associated w/ my main checking account] to the SL account, as well [although I paid my first month's membership from Paypal], in order to perhaps facilitate them giving me my fracking money, and they just took $1 out of my checking account today [but still won't allow me to exchange the L$s]. Why?
are you able to check your checking account online? once the $1 charge from PayPal shows, it will have a four digit code attached. after you enter that code in PayPal it will verify your account and then you should be good to go.

who won't let you sell the $L? LL? is your "going premium" a recent thing? if so, it could be that you have to wait for your credit limit to get high enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lias
I believe your battle-stance attitude to posting on a free forum is part of your forum issues... After awhile you have to figure that it's not all of the forum owners and poster's that make up the problems you devise for yourself... Floating from forum to forum complaining, insulting the owner, demanding and proclaiming them failures is a very telling pattern of behavior.
23rdDjin is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says thanks:

Old 03-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
evoL mubble
I am Cornholio

My Mood:

Quote:
K, I set up my gallery.

That's part the one.

Part the deux:

I know for credit cards... they charge 1$ to verify that the card is good... then it takes awhile to be able to use the card... Its prolly the same for a bank account.
evoL mubble is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
23rdDjin
trust... it's everything

Awards Showcase

log in to the main SL website. it should go to your "Dashboard". to the left is a box that says "Linden Exchange". click on "manage", then go to "Billing/Credit Limits" for the breakdown.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

So... I will wait. Impatiently.

Thanks, guys.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23rdDjin View Post
log in to the main SL website. it should go to your "Dashboard". to the left is a box that says "Linden Exchange". click on "manage", then go to "Billing/Credit Limits" for the breakdown.
Yes, it says, "O.oo" in the "sell" box, hence my irritation. But I will do my best to shut up and wait for the computers to all get done talking to one another.

Reminder to self: people who want graphics in RL need to be paying me w/ RL $$. Oh- PS. the guy listed the payment as a "gift", and evidently that doesn't count as real money to LL either? Wtf?

Old 03-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
23rdDjin
trust... it's everything

Awards Showcase

get used to the impatience. once you can sell your Lindens, it takes 5 business days to "arrive" in your PayPal account... so, i imagine, if you get in early enough on a Monday, it's the only way you'll see your money within one week...
This user groaned at this post:

Old 03-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #8
23rdDjin
trust... it's everything

Awards Showcase

i really hope that "gift" part isn't true... that would suck... i know little about the whole trading Lindens thing having only had to do it once, and recently at that. if so, maybe you can pay them to someone else who can then pay them back, not as a gift. (and hopefully LL doesn't go through one of their stupid times thinking it's a Linden Laundering operation...)

Old 03-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #9
23rdDjin
trust... it's everything

Awards Showcase

hey, that "sell" box... is it possible it says 0 because you haven't input the amount you want to sell?

Old 03-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #10
jackalennui
>o< spider power!

My Mood:

Quote:
Reminder to self: people who want graphics in RL need to be paying me w/ RL $$. Oh- PS. the guy listed the payment as a "gift", and evidently that doesn't count as real money to LL either? Wtf?
Jen,

I just checked with my account and an alt - a L$ payment from one avatar to another is automatically listed as "gift". It still counts as "real" money though. There's also no way to specify something different unless you set a box for sale with object name "Jen's graphic design" and have the customer buy it. But really, it shouldn't matter - L$ is L$, no matter where it comes from.

Also, did you have the premium account for a while or did you upgrade from free account only recently? According to the trading limits page (that's under My Account > Linden Exchange > Manage and follow the link there) it has to be at least 8 days since the "first billing transaction with LL" for you to be able to sell L$ (up to 300USD worth). Then after 31 days you get bumped to level 1 which allows you to sell 2500USD worth of L$ per month. There's also instructions on how to request a review of your trading limits.
jackalennui is offline   Reply With Quote
One user says 'MMmmm. Pie':
This user agrees. But then, who wouldn't, right?

Old 03-05-2010, 12:15 AM   #11
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalennui View Post
Also, did you have the premium account for a while or did you upgrade from free account only recently?
Muy recientemente- thanks, that must be it.

I appreciate all the patience, guys! much.

Last edited by Jen; 03-05-2010 at 12:17 AM.