Old 12-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #209
Jen
Panentheistic Harridan

My Mood:
Awards Showcase
28th 5k trainwreck 
Total Awards: 2

Currently working on three different things at once:

...making holiday goodies to send out in lieu of cards.
...doing some Perpetually Three LLC cogitating [biz stuff].
...and noodling over this "Hatchfund" crowd-sourcing thingie that I've signed up to do, in order to help finance the rest of the Cow Series.

The fibro makes my standard operating procedure of "day job" + "art job" too much for me to handle, so I've got to find new ways of paying for my paint habit. "Hatchfund" is a nonprofit so people can donate to my art-making funds AND claim it as tax-deductible. AND get a wee giftie from me in the process. Win/win/win.

This last thing being the one that's most on my mind. I had a talk with the Hatchfund lady re. all of this and she's urging me to get this up and going in the next week or so. Have to make a video too [bleah- hate having my picture taken, let alone being on a video].

I'm thinking signed postcards for people who can toss me 20-30, an 8x10 for 50-75, and maybe a small poster for those who can give 100. And for "Big" donors' gifties [more than 500] what do y'all think about the idea of a life-sized [30"x 40"] poster vs a 18 x 24 window cling ?

I'd love to do a small book with all of the Cow Series pieces in it, but that will have to wait until the series is actually finished [maybe another year or two].

I can't make up my mind... the polls are open... what do youse guys think? Inputs welcome...

"...he may know what he actually meant, but we certainly cannot. It's like some biblical quote pulled at random from Revelations and used to support Jesus wielding Colt 45s and riding a tyrannosaurus rex at the Final Battle, only much shorter and bilingual. Maybe." ~Govi
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users are now drooling and mumbling about pie: