Second Citizen MK II

Second Citizen MK II (http://www.secondcitizen.net/Forum/index.php)
-   Content Creation (http://www.secondcitizen.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   help me i haz a sad (http://www.secondcitizen.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=3005)

clio 11-24-2009 11:22 PM

help me i haz a sad
 
i cannot edit clothes..in Emerald there is no option to edit clothes and it is givving me a BIG sad

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2572/...28f71102_b.jpg

this is what it looks like

i can edit clothes in other viewers

Imnotgoing Sideways 11-24-2009 11:47 PM

I think you have to disable the Emerald Clothing Layers option in the Emerald menus to get editing back. Though, that's not exactly a bad thing considering how much the sliders ignore misaligned seams. (>_<)

Dale Innis 11-24-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clio (Post 82818)
i cannot edit clothes..in Emerald there is no option to edit clothes and it is givving me a BIG sad

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2572/...28f71102_b.jpg

this is what it looks like

i can edit clothes in other viewers

What version of Emerald? I seem to recall that a version or three ago there was some kind of "Emerald Clothing Mode" that didn't work; you had to go to one of the "Emerald" pages in Preferences and turn it off if it was on...

clio 11-25-2009 12:03 AM

i have the newest version and where do i turn off the clothing mode?

Dale Innis 11-25-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clio (Post 82831)
i have the newest version and where do i turn off the clothing mode?

I dunno! In 1.23.5.950 (which is what I have), the clothing editing seems to work normally, and I can't even find the special clothing layers mode to turn it off. Are you on 1.23.5.950, or some other one?

clio 11-25-2009 12:45 AM

yesh 1.23.5.950

Dale Innis 11-25-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clio (Post 82844)
yesh 1.23.5.950

That is so weird! Is it still doing it? I imagine you tried exiting an' going back in? 'cause that is the same version that I have, an' it isn't doing that, an' i can't find the switch that you had to turn off in earlier versions (I think they took that feature out 'cause it wasn't working).

One very geeky thought; in \Program Files\Greenlife Emerald Viewer\app_settings or equivalent, there is a file "settings.xml". In there there is a section that looks something like:

<key>EmeraldClothingMode</key>
<map>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>now you fucked up</string>
<key>Persist</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Type</key>
<string>Boolean</string>
<key>Value</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</map>

If that last "0" there somehow got to be a "1", that could be a problem. But there shouldn't be any way for it to be a "1", I don't think!

hmmm....

clio 11-25-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Innis (Post 82985)
That is so weird! Is it still doing it? I imagine you tried exiting an' going back in? 'cause that is the same version that I have, an' it isn't doing that, an' i can't find the switch that you had to turn off in earlier versions (I think they took that feature out 'cause it wasn't working).

One very geeky thought; in \Program Files\Greenlife Emerald Viewer\app_settings or equivalent, there is a file "settings.xml". In there there is a section that looks something like:

<key>EmeraldClothingMode</key>
<map>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>now you fucked up</string>
<key>Persist</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Type</key>
<string>Boolean</string>
<key>Value</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</map>

If that last "0" there somehow got to be a "1", that could be a problem. But there shouldn't be any way for it to be a "1", I don't think!

hmmm....

umm huh? lol ok yer wayyy over my head..
last night i uninstalled, deleted and erased then downloaded a new vwrsion and reinstalled and same issue

clio 11-30-2009 01:16 PM

Thank you to everyone who sent me suggestions, i was able to get the issue taken care of it was something in tehn debug menu go figure

but now i can edit my clothes much to the chagrine of the origional designers!!!

Mourna Biziou 11-30-2009 01:24 PM

Shit clio, I missed this or I could have pointed you in the right direction. Had the same issue myself.

Feel free to poke me inworld if you need help on stuff like this. If I don't know the answer, I can usually find it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks of Linden Research, Inc.
Second Citizen MK II Forums are not affiliated with or sponsored by Linden Research.
© 2009 - 2011 Second Citizen MKII [SC MKII]