Second Citizen MK II

Second Citizen MK II (http://www.secondcitizen.net/Forum/index.php)
-   Music Makers (http://www.secondcitizen.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   The mtv.com interview from when I was in my last band (http://www.secondcitizen.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=12137)

Fmeh 02-07-2011 02:08 AM

The mtv.com interview from when I was in my last band
 
This is that interview I was talking about last year from when I was the lead vocalist of The Mercury Rising

http://www.vimeo.com/8000580

Just wanted to share.

Jen 02-07-2011 11:08 AM

Cool and groovy, Fmeh! Thanks! I loved the part where the guy was saying, "Those guys are all dead, man. We're ALIVE."
In the Hudson Valley there are a lot of people who have bumper stickers saying "Support LIVING ARTISTS". [musical and otherwise].

JohnnyVann 02-07-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen (Post 337229)
Cool and groovy, Fmeh! Thanks! I loved the part where the guy was saying, "Those guys are all dead, man. We're ALIVE."
In the Hudson Valley there are a lot of people who have bumper stickers saying "Support LIVING ARTISTS". [musical and otherwise].

I liked "If you are in Seattle and you arent in 5 bands you aren't a musician" :roflmao:

I heard similar quotes about Austin. The other "hidden" music cauldron of the US.

JohnnyVann 02-07-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fmeh (Post 337207)
This is that interview I was talking about last year from when I was the lead vocalist of The Mercury Rising

http://www.vimeo.com/8000580

Just wanted to share.

Fmeh, unless there is a band just called "Mercury Rising" (without the "the") then I've actually heard of you. I'm not really new music savvy but the name is very familiar

Fmeh 02-07-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyVann (Post 337244)
Fmeh, unless there is a band just called "Mercury Rising" (without the "the") then I've actually heard of you. I'm not really new music savvy but the name is very familiar

There *was* a band called "Mercury Rising", without the "the" that was not the one I was in, from the early 90s I think.... so, you probably haven't heard me. LOL

kita_dawg 02-07-2011 08:56 PM

:frolic:

Awesome stuff, Fmeh! It got me totally pumped about the music scene in Seattle! Sounds like you are doing some really amazing things over there :D

Fmeh 02-07-2011 09:38 PM

Unfortunately, about a month after that interview, the band got fired me because I was taking the band in a musical direction they weren't interested in going: They wanted to do more traditional metal that included screaming and growling while I wanted to sing and do something that sounded quite different.

Just as of this week I'm in-process of trying to get in another band. Craigslist is my friend. LOL

JohnnyVann 02-07-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fmeh (Post 337408)
There *was* a band called "Mercury Rising", without the "the" that was not the one I was in, from the early 90s I think.... so, you probably haven't heard me. LOL

Yeah, now that you mention it the 90s sounds right. :(

kita_dawg 02-07-2011 10:07 PM

Screamy is SO overdone in metal. Anyone can scream, and it loses its effect/ gets super old really quickly. Beautiful singing by true talent like you, Fmeh, is my favorite, and where real art is yet to be fully explored in the metal scene :D

JohnnyVann 02-07-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kita_dawg (Post 337450)
Screamy is SO overdone in metal. Anyone can scream, and it loses its effect/ gets super old really quickly. Beautiful singing by true talent like you, Fmeh, is my favorite, and where real art is yet to be fully explored in the metal scene :D

That's true. But screaming is just another effect like falsetto. It dan be used for effect, but should not be the end.

Rodger Daltry of The Who is an excellent of the good use of the scream

Spaceman Opus 02-08-2011 10:58 AM

Watch the video for a an excellent example of poor screaming. It's that horrid growl/roar thing that metal bands think is so cool.

Kita's right. What metal needs is more singing like Fmeh's.

Jorus 02-08-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kita_dawg (Post 337450)
Screamy is SO overdone in metal. Anyone can scream, and it loses its effect/ gets super old really quickly. Beautiful singing by true talent like you, Fmeh, is my favorite, and where real art is yet to be fully explored in the metal scene :D

Metal died with Pantera.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks of Linden Research, Inc.
Second Citizen MK II Forums are not affiliated with or sponsored by Linden Research.
© 2009 - 2011 Second Citizen MKII [SC MKII]