Second Citizen MK II

Second Citizen MK II (http://www.secondcitizen.net/Forum/index.php)
-   Song of Ice and Fire. (http://www.secondcitizen.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   A Dance With Dragons (May contain spoilers, duh) (http://www.secondcitizen.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=14182)

Phoenix Psaltery 07-13-2011 03:06 PM

A Dance With Dragons (May contain spoilers, duh)

Discuss book #5 to your heart's content.

P2

juanamanuel 07-13-2011 07:46 PM

yay! giggle.

am i the only one who is dying to know a) if jon is the son of lyanna and rhaegar b) is coldhands undead benjen stark?

IsaDaft Trollop 07-13-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juanamanuel (Post 379917)
yay! giggle.

am i the only one who is dying to know a) if jon is the son of lyanna and rhaegar b) is coldhands undead benjen stark?

I'm not there yet, but I do hope to be soon!

Sansarya 07-14-2011 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juanamanuel (Post 379917)
yay! giggle.

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU ARE IN I-SPY AND DON'T WANT SPOILERS FOR ADWD...

I've been holding onto both those theories since Book 3, but I haven't seen GRRM confirming it yet in the new book. There's actually something that supports Jon NOT being Lyanna and Rhaegar's son in one of the Davos chapters...

Vivianne Draper 07-14-2011 03:09 PM

Speculation only and not a spoiler....

I think Dany is going to die. I think she and her dragons have a job to do but I think Martin is going to kill her off before the end.

Sansarya 07-17-2011 07:30 PM

Just finished reading it. I'm going to have to reread the others (again) before it all makes sense to me. He added so many characters to this book, some of them main characters, some of them small, that it's still kind of swirling around and confused in my mind. Really sad about the possible death of Jon Snow. :(

Had two credits on my Audible account, so I downloaded the audiobook. Fifty hours of book to listen to while I'm spinning, knitting, quilting, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, etc. :)

Vivianne Draper 07-20-2011 02:59 PM

welll i finished the book. martin can go die in a fire.

Sansarya 07-20-2011 03:58 PM

All that crap with the Dany chapters was a snooze fest, honestly. "Should I or shouldn't I? What should I do?" over and over again! She's not been one of my favorite characters anyway, and this was just too much. I was actually happy to see a Cersei chapter because it was a relief from Danaerys.

Reading at other forums (yes, I'm cheating on you :sc:!) lots of people think Jon isn't dead, that it's just classic GRRM stuff, and that Jon will either survive or be resurrected like Beric Dondarrion and Catelyn Stark. I hope he just survives, as it would be creepy to have Jon a walking dead like the others.

Vivianne Draper 07-20-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sansarya (Post 382498)
All that crap with the Dany chapters was a snooze fest, honestly. "Should I or shouldn't I? What should I do?" over and over again! She's not been one of my favorite characters anyway, and this was just too much. I was actually happy to see a Cersei chapter because it was a relief from Danaerys.

Reading at other forums (yes, I'm cheating on you :sc:!) lots of people think Jon isn't dead, that it's just classic GRRM stuff, and that Jon will either survive or be resurrected like Beric Dondarrion and Catelyn Stark. I hope he just survives, as it would be creepy to have Jon a walking dead like the others.

no shit! the dany storyline used to be one of my favs but seriously was all that exposition and crap about mereen really necessary?

i hope jon is healed naturally too -- because no one is going to trust him if he's a zombie.

juanamanuel 07-21-2011 12:17 AM

i thought it was implied that he was a warg, so maybe he can live in ghost for a while.

Sansarya 07-21-2011 01:16 AM

I'm pretty sure all the Stark children are wargs (except maybe Sansa). The Arya chapters were a nice surprise. I thought he wasn't going to do any of the characters from Feast, then the happy surprise of Arya.

Jorus 08-19-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivianne Draper (Post 380088)
Speculation only and not a spoiler....

I think Dany is going to die. I think she and her dragons have a job to do but I think Martin is going to kill her off before the end.

She's going to bear a child. Mark my words.

Vivianne Draper 08-19-2011 08:01 PM

So.... question....

MAJOR SPOILER

Do you think Manderly cooked the three Frey boys into the pies? I mean the book doesn't say so but the pies were huge and so are Freys and three pies, three Frey boys.

Sansarya 08-19-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivianne Draper (Post 391515)
So.... question....

MAJOR SPOILER

Do you think Manderly cooked the three Frey boys into the pies? I mean the book doesn't say so but the pies were huge and so are Freys and three pies, three Frey boys.

definitely! I went back and read that chapter twice to assure myself that's what was happening.

Vivianne Draper 08-19-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sansarya (Post 391517)
definitely! I went back and read that chapter twice to assure myself that's what was happening.

but....

That means Manderly knowingly ate the Frey boys. Other than that it is awesome beyond belief. I'm guessing Manderly doesn't expect to survive the 'feast' though.

Sansarya 08-19-2011 09:33 PM

After the Red Wedding I would have eaten them, too, and had a glass of Arbor Red to wash it down.

Freya 09-21-2011 03:31 PM

I avoided this thread until I had a chance to read the book. Dany=meh to me. I love Arya and Jon... was hoping for more about Arya but very happy about seeing anything at all about her.

so, the ending made me sad for various reasons. the only decent Lannister... le sigh... here's my question... do you think that Griff is really Aegon, The Prince That Was Promised, or is this yet another plot?