PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek 2009

JohnnyVann
02-26-2012, 10:45 PM
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjE5NDQ5OTE4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTE3NDIzMw@@._ V1._SY317_.jpg

Star Trek 2009 IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/)

I watched this last night for the first time last night, fully expecting to dislike it. I'm afraid I'm a bit of Star Trek snob. Not proud of it but there you have it.

But I was surprised. I liked it.

Phoenix Psaltery
02-26-2012, 11:19 PM
We watched it on Blu-Ray when it was first released, and I've watched it a few more times since then; in fact, we just watched it again this afternoon. I really like it; I can truly believe, for the most part, that the characters in this film are the younger versions of the characters from ST:TOS.

My droid sent this for me. His name isn't C3PO, it's Tapatalk.

Dakota Tebaldi
02-27-2012, 12:21 AM
In the months leading up to the release of this movie I visited its official forum. I would guess about 50% of it was die hard Trek fans declaring that the franchise was ruined forever based on the trailer, and predicting that the movie would tank even worse than the last Star Trek movie, which IIRC didn't even make its budget back.

Then this movie came out and ended up making more money than any Star Trek movie ever, inflation accounted for, and for good reason I say. It's killer. 30 seconds into the movie I was like "this is gonna rock".

JohnnyVann
02-27-2012, 12:42 AM
In the months leading up to the release of this movie I visited its official forum.

That was very dangerous. I assume you just didn't know better.

Only thing scarier is Star Wars fans

Dakota Tebaldi
02-27-2012, 01:03 AM
That was very dangerous. I assume you just didn't know better.

I do now. Never again!

Jorus
02-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Lets face it, roughly 75% of the trek movies have been absolute shit. Anyone pretending this of all things was going to ruin the series has obviously not seen the 85 year old uhura strip tease distraction or heard the words uttered "What does god need with a starship".

Oryx Tempel
02-27-2012, 06:40 PM
That was Star Trek V, which doesn't really exist, sort of like Highlander II.

Dakota Tebaldi
02-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Lets face it, roughly 75% of the trek movies have been absolute shit. Anyone pretending this of all things was going to ruin the series has obviously not seen the 85 year old uhura strip tease distraction or heard the words uttered "What does god need with a starship".

The one where like the Klingon president was assassinated and they were framed for it wasn't too bad I think, though it was kinda slow. But they were all slow. All the movies with the new generation folks in them were especially painful. The android guy is one of the worst characters I've ever seen.

JohnnyVann
02-27-2012, 09:25 PM
That was Star Trek V, which doesn't really exist, sort of like Highlander II.

All the old school Trek movies after Wrath of Khan went down hill pretty fast

Phoenix Psaltery
02-28-2012, 02:54 AM
All the old school Trek movies after Wrath of Khan went down hill pretty fast

http://www.gloomcorps.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/kirk-khan_.jpg

P2